MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Look who’s taking the Brooklyn Division buses. (The Bronx). and they cry about not having buses. 

But aren’t those buses taken out of need since west farms has to retire their old CNG buses? If Brooklyn in return short on buses then the Bronx should take them from boroughs that can spare them. 

2 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

But aren’t those buses taken out of need since west farms has to retire their old CNG buses? If Brooklyn in return short on buses then the Bronx should take them from boroughs that can spare them. 

Everytime that the Bronx is short. They take from Brooklyn. Hopefully when Gun Hill and Kingsbridge get their LFSA’s some of those buses can make that journey back to Brooklyn. But yet again, Brooklyn will always be short. 

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Everytime that the Bronx is short. They take from Brooklyn. Hopefully when Gun Hill and Kingsbridge get their LFSA’s some of those buses can make that journey back to Brooklyn. But yet again, Brooklyn will always be short. 

Brooklyn is displacing LFSA to the Bronx/ Manhattan. that's not going to happen. 

12 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

9 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

Brooklyn is displacing LFSA to the Bronx/ Manhattan. that's not going to happen. 

From my knowledge Gun Hills newer LFSA were to help retire their old artics while pushing their original sbs LFSA into local service. 

West Farms on the other hand I believe were supposed to get Flatbushes LFSA. But being how the Bx36 is becoming converted into artics i'm not sure if that will bring back those brooklyn xd40s. Unless they receive some of those XD40s that were going to be used for the L train shuttle?

2 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

From my knowledge Gun Hills newer LFSA were to help retire their old artics while pushing their original sbs LFSA into local service. 

West Farms on the other hand I believe were supposed to get Flatbushes LFSA. But being how the Bx36 is becoming converted into artics i'm not sure if that will bring back those brooklyn xd40s. Unless they receive some of those XD40s that were going to be used for the L train shuttle?

Either way those XD40s were going to replace EOL buses anyway. The shuttle wasn't going to last the lifetime of the buses lol

1 hour ago, Jdog14 said:

Last I checked. FB’s LFSA’s are heading to West Farms unless something has changed. 

I’m just speaking from generalization. When the Bronx is short on buses DOB gets buses from Brooklyn to fill the voids. 

4 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

I don't think BK is short on buses, they would just keep the old RTS in service in the meantime until the XD40s come back to retire them.

8 hours ago, Just New York said:

The 36 is good defiantly no space for the 36, 100 should be at FB also but the space is limited and the MTA Bus thing. The ENY\SC situation can be so much better there is space for a least 2 to 3 more local routes.

SC - B13, 14, 84, 103, Q7, 8, BM1-4

IMO the B6 should also be at Spring Creek (as long as SC can handle artics for a potential B6 SBS)

11 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

IMO the B6 should also be at Spring Creek (as long as SC can handle artics for a potential B6 SBS)

Edited by Ultimategamer12c
Dont for get the B20 and B83 could potentially be a tripper at SC but honestly I think the B20 should be a full time tripper at ENY depo and the B83 barely does trippers at fB no more since 2017 the B83 could run a new tripper at SC

7 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

7 hours ago, Just New York said:

In a perfect world trippers B6, 20, 83 splitting the 15 could happen with all Postal Trips to SC.

The B6 isn’t anywhere near SC depot so why would they even take it if it were possible. B15 as well is another one I don’t think should even should go to SC. 

7 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Oh yes how could I forget the B15 it can also run from FB as well as a tripper but hopefully  when mta bys and Nyct merge they can look into getting trippers like those routes

the B15 isn’t anywhere near FB depot and that wouldn’t even make sense. 

3 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Wait and see what happens after this $562M budget flips. No new SBS is in the works right now

The M14 sbs was supposed to be next but with Cuomo changing things up we don’t know if it will be altered. 

4 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

The B6 isn’t anywhere near SC depot so why would they even take it if it were possible. B15 as well is another one I don’t think should even should go to SC. 

the B15 isn’t anywhere near FB depot and that wouldn’t even make sense. 

The M14 sbs was supposed to be next but with Cuomo changing things up we don’t know if it will be altered. 

SC is 5 min from the New lots av actually.

16 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Last I checked. FB’s LFSA’s are heading to West Farms unless something has changed. 

I’m just speaking from generalization. When the Bronx is short on buses DOB gets buses from Brooklyn to fill the voids. 

If there is anything you should have learned from your tenure on this forum....is that you shouldn't believe future assignments until the moves actually happen. Then, you'll see where those buses will do.

7 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

Hmmm. Plus the XDE60s that is suppose to go with the potential service. What does Drew have up his sleeve

1 hour ago, R68OnBroadway said:

How many 98s and D60s are left? Sad to see them go... I used to ride the former on the M31 and M57 all the time and the latter ones on the M79.

59 minutes ago, Train92 said:

IIRC all the 1998s are retired. There are about 65 D60s left.

Guys calm down. 

While I'm saddened to hear this news (the 1996s were my favorite RTS of all time and spent the past few months dedicated to chasing the last of them down), there are still plenty of 1998 RTS models roaming around, mostly at Jamaica. Flatbush, and ENY. 

The D60HFs can still hold on until the end of the year, but they will definitely be retired by 2020. 

The 1996s also highly surpassed their retirement, and the fact that they lived to almost see 23 years of service is insane. 

I'd say the best thing to fan would be the Orion VII CNG as they will definitely be gone by February.

4 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Hmmm. Plus the XDE60s that is suppose to go with the potential service. What does Drew have up his sleeve

XDE60s won't be there for the launch. I would say lets wait until everyone on top comes with a coherent plan about this because i'm sure at least there will be a shuttle service for the shutdown in some form. 

1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

XDE60s won't be there for the launch. I would say lets wait until everyone on top comes with a coherent plan about this because i'm sure at least there will be a shuttle service for the shutdown in some form. 

I was under the impression that the XDE60 order was scrapped.

6 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

If there is anything you should have learned from your tenure on this forum....is that you shouldn't believe future assignments until the moves actually happen. Then, you'll see where those buses will do.

That's a copy on that. Can't never underestimate the (MTA)  and their crazy scenarios..