MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

12 hours ago, East New York said:

New rule here at NYCTF:

Do Not Feed The Animals.

Now moving along to things of substance, the first page of Fleet & Depots will be slightly revised soon. However, as of now everything is accurate. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 that was cute you keep taking it on the chin for your system.

Edited by Just New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, East New York said:

1.) Just about 3 years ago exactly if I recall correctly off the top of my head.

2.) At this moment there are no plans to replace them. Just rotate and probably swap them out over the next couple years. They won’t begin to retire until about 2021 in mass. They usually have 44 on average for the Q64, 110, and 112. 

The next standard 40 foot base order for MTA Bus (25 buses) was delayed a bit seeing as they want to transition to all-electric via hybrid, as well as the fact that TA is sending 6500 and 6600 series buses to BC. NG’s will be bumped in the future as well. 

3.) They don’t necessarily swap equipment. A couple runs are interlined. So you will see artics on the Q64, or 110. And here and there you will see a standard on a 111, 113 or 114. When the weather is bad you will see more standards on all the routes. The B35 for example is an articulated line, but it’s not 100% articulated. There are a few standard 40 foot runs. 

To be more specific, Baisley Park got their artics just before of their in-service debut, which was May 18th, 2016, so I would say several days prior.

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

To be more specific, Baisley Park got their artics just before of their in-service debut, which was May 18th, 2016, so I would say several days prior.

Yep I have a video of the XD60s on their debut day and uploaded immediately afterwards. That should be the date. Remember watching Captain America Civil War and catching the "new" Xcelsiors that day. Good times.

18 minutes ago, IRTDude1987 said:

It was actually 4th quarter of 2015. Those buses originally came in the blue and white scheme, but where giving the Cuomo scheme and returned to service in early 2016. This was back when MTA bus had D60HFs.

We're talking specifically about Baisley Park's fleet, they didn't get their fleet until months later. Those buses were delivered all white with no stripe to the facility and was wrapped in the facility. They never entered service in the blue & white scheme out of Baisley Park. They had JFK's 5371 for a while for training.

By the way, welcome back, Chris Alleyne.

Edited by Cait Sith

7 hours ago, Just New York said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 that was cute you keep taking it on the chin for your system.

Again, just you knowing nothing of which you speak. So for your information and anyone else that wants to know, what I do as a business owner is provide solutions to the industry in many capacities. I have consulted with every top transit agency in the United States, and 3 other countries. I have consulted and or done business with EVERY major component supplier across the board. I am a mechanic, transit systems engineer, transit consultant, and bus owner.

Back in 2008 I submitted a post and report on what I would do to improve transit across all agencies if I were the CEO of the MTA. Did you know that MTA took 98% of my report and did just that over the last 11 years?? Improved transit. I don’t just sit around and let the MTA feed out BS, I have always, and will coontinue to hold them accountable, while simultaneously not jumping down their backs, or trashing them at every turn. I maintain a relationship where they know that what I have to say makes sense, and they not only take it into consideration, but have actually used, it, and employed it into every day operations.

So let’s get into what I put in that report or others that MTA has implemented to date. 

1.) Off-Board payment, with all door boarding. SBS was born.

2.) Create a validation program and extensively test buses and components for better in-service reliability. They BTE program was then created.

3.) Sit down with NFI, get over the D60 fiasco, and allow them to submit the C40LF because the LFR nor Xcelsior is validated under BTE guidelines. They have enough parts from the cancelled CTA order, and they can fabricate others. In addition, the system components like multiplex, lighting, and interior will be similar to LFR/X standard. The lower side panel protectors are the same as those found on the Xcelsior as well. They can resurrect the LF series from the dead, bid on the contract, split award with Orion and test both models sided by side. 

Result, MTA thought it was an excellent idea, awarded TA CNG’s to NFI for the C40LF (everyone said I was lying and the LF was dead, then said ok, maybe you are right but it will be LFR’s cause again the LF is dead as has been for a while), and the Bus Co award went to Orion. Now we have the only 4th gen NFI LF’s in existence along with the 4000th CNG ever made. 

MTA would subsequently order 4 sets of 90 test buses from 3 manufacturers. Something else everyone, even countless MTA employees and even some upper lever management (who was not in the know) told me it was not true because MTA doesn’t operate like that. I said they do now, and it’s a new day. This is what I recommended they do. That’s when I really got attacked and people said who do I think I am? I was making up things for for views on my posts and everything under the Sun. That’s when MTA brass validated my nick name of East New York and started calling me Surface Transit HQ in the flesh. Brass that I didn’t know then started asking who I was because they couldn’t believe i was spot-on.

4.) Have a sit down with MTA about launching the RTS low floor. As a gift to me, this meeting that I brokered between both companies was conducted on my birthday because of my long history with all the RTS manufacturers. I am also an RTS owner. Myself along with Trevor Logan, MTA, and the MTA drafted up the specs and top-secret design for the new line or RTS buses. MTA initially accepted the proposals for both the 42.5 foot high floor express, and the low floor 40 foot Extreme. The plans were for 90 buses each. MTA Ops planning then decided they only wanted to stick to 45 foot express buses as the RTS Express NG would be limited to only a few depots. 

The standard 40 foot program however moved forward, and the MTA then requested 8 pilot buses for 6 month testing, 22 Buses 6 months later for extensive 90 day testing, then the last 60 with final production specs after that. After MTS reviewed the terms, they decided they were unable to meet them unless the MTA guaranteed the purchase, or ordered all 90 at the same time as they did with the other manufactures. MTA would have rather offered the RTS Extreme Electric, but MTA was not interested in the technology at the time. 

MTS was unable and unwilling to open the line and have to lay employees off twice until MTA gave the full notice to proceed. The entire MTA management was the same team from the Nova, NFI, TMC, and GMC. They said MTA was notorious for rejecting buses, and found not risk a repeat of “8750.”  They made the bus exactly like the 8600-8703, and MTA rejected it because they decided after the bus was delivered they didn’t like the decal placements, and wanted to change a couple other components for some of the buses. Then MTA decided they were changing the livery all together and had to redo the bus yet again. 

MTS final statement was we cannot proceed with the current level of funding we have.

MTA final systems was, let us know as soon as you can and we will issue a notice to proceed. To this day, they invite MTS to every bid opportunity. 

5.) Merge Operations of Bus Company OA and TA at East New York in an all new state-of-the-art command center. Now built and opening soon.

6.) Merge the branding, fareboxes, and destination signs. Finally, years later it is on the horizon for completion by summer pick 2021.

7.) Kill 3 birds with one stone. Start charging $1 for new MetroCards, make them refillable, and simultaneously rid the streets and stations of MetroCard litter which was out of control at the time. 

8.) Submit a proposal to the FTA detailing how you need to move forward with SAS immediately and use an existing B-Division line to run up the first segment. Don’t wait until the entire line is finished to open it with the (T). Result, as a gift to me, living off Avenue H at the time, my (Q) train started going to 96th Street. Look where we are now! Thank The Lord.

I could continue, but I think we get the point now. My overall point to you is that you have no idea who I am, and all you do is insinuate, pass judgement, criticize, and debate about things which you are clueless about. 

Instead of arguing and being combative, stand up for what you don’t like. That’s exactly what I did and now look where we are. You can say whatever you want about me because I’m a Capricorn, and what someone else “thinks” has never held weight in my life. 

Reality is all that matters, and when I started this I said my goal was to improve public transit for all. Not just bash the MTA and complain all the time, but actually do something about it.

MTA definitely has a long way to go, and many practices they have I do not condone. That’s where diplomacy comes in. Do you know what that word means?

Don’t talk about it, stand up for what you want changed and be about it. That’s just 1/10 of my transit track record above. What have you done other than run your mouth? If you are not going to help, contribute or criticize constructively, I would again like to remind you that there is another transit “chat” board for all that extra nonsense. 

NEXT BUS PLEASE

Edited by East New York

Effective immediately, I have introduced a feature for this thread that will have the most recent procurement and or other important information right at the top of this page and the top any page you may view throughout this thread.

The first page is where extensive information will remain. 

Similar updates will be implemented across the entire forum over the next few days. The R211 thread has been one of the first to get the upgrade, as well as the new “Link Images” that I will be incorporating into most all threads. All other major forum threads will have updates on the top of any current page as well.  

22 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

4950-4964 for the XE60, huh. Something out of left field, would have expected 1300-1314 or even 4900-4914.

Straight out of left field on me. We never had any actual numbers confirmed previously, but i would have expected 1300 or something as well, but those may end up being for the 40 foot standard electrics.

Edited by East New York

6 hours ago, East New York said:

Again, just you knowing nothing of which you speak. So for your information and anyone else that wants to know, what I do as a business owner is provide solutions to the industry in many capacities. I have consulted with every top transit agency in the United States, and 3 other countries. I have consulted and or done business with EVERY major component supplier across the board. I am a mechanic, transit systems engineer, transit consultant, and bus owner.

Back in 2008 I submitted a post and report on what I would do to improve transit across all agencies if I were the CEO of the MTA. Did you know that MTA took 98% of my report and did just that over the last 11 years?? Improved transit. I don’t just sit around and let the MTA feed out BS, I have always, and will coontinue to hold them accountable, while simultaneously not jumping down their backs, or trashing them at every turn. I maintain a relationship where they know that what I have to say makes sense, and they not only take it into consideration, but have actually used, it, and employed it into every day operations.

So let’s get into what I put in that report or others that MTA has implemented to date. 

2.) Create a validation program and extensively test buses and components for better in-service reliability. They BTE program was then created.

3.) Sit down with NFI, get over the D60 fiasco, and allow them to submit the C40LF because the LFR nor Xcelsior is validated under BTE guidelines. They have enough parts from the cancelled CTA order, and they can fabricate others. In addition, the system components like multiplex, lighting, and interior will be similar to LFR/X standard. The lower side panel protectors are the same as those found on the Xcelsior as well. They can resurrect the LF series from the dead, bid on the contract, split award with Orion and test both models sided by side. 

Result, MTA thought it was an excellent idea, awarded TA CNG’s to NFI for the C40LF (everyone said I was lying and the LF was dead, then said ok, maybe you are right but it will be LFR’s cause again the LF is dead as has been for a while), and the Bus Co award went to Orion. Now we have the only 4th gen NFI LF’s in existence along with the 4000th CNG ever made. 

MTA would subsequently order 4 sets of 90 test buses from 3 manufacturers. Something else everyone, even countless MTA employees and even some upper lever management (who was not in the know) told me it was not true because MTA doesn’t operate like that. I said they do now, and it’s a new day. This is what I recommended they do. That’s when I really got attacked and people said who do I think I am? I was making up things for for views on my posts and everything under the Sun. That’s when MTA brass validated my nick name of East New York and started calling me Surface Transit HQ in the flesh. Brass that I didn’t know then started asking who I was because they couldn’t believe i was spot-on.

4.) Have a sit down with MTA about launching the RTS low floor. As a gift to me, this meeting that I brokered between both companies was conducted on my birthday because of my long history with all the RTS manufacturers. I am also an RTS owner. Myself along with Trevor Logan, MTA, and the MTA drafted up the specs and top-secret design for the new line or RTS buses. MTA initially accepted the proposals for both the 42.5 foot high floor express, and the low floor 40 foot Extreme. The plans were for 90 buses each. MTA Ops planning then decided they only wanted to stick to 45 foot express buses as the RTS Express NG would be limited to only a few depots. 

The standard 40 foot program however moved forward, and the MTA then requested 8 pilot buses for 6 month testing, 22 Buses 6 months later for extensive 90 day testing, then the last 60 with final production specs after that. After MTS reviewed the terms, they decided they were unable to meet them unless the MTA guaranteed the purchase, or ordered all 90 at the same time as they did with the other manufactures. MTA would have rather offered the RTS Extreme Electric, but MTA was not interested in the technology at the time. 

MTS was unable and unwilling to open the line and have to lay employees off twice until MTA gave the full notice to proceed. The entire MTA management was the same team from the Nova, NFI, TMC, and GMC. They said MTA was notorious for rejecting buses, and found not risk a repeat of “8750.”  They made the bus exactly like the 8600-8703, and MTA rejected it because they decided after the bus was delivered they didn’t like the decal placements, and wanted to change a couple other components for some of the buses. Then MTA decided they were changing the livery all together and had to redo the bus yet again. 

MTS final statement was we cannot proceed with the current level of funding we have.

MTA final systems was, let us know as soon as you can and we will issue a notice to proceed. To this day, they invite MTS to every bid opportunity. 

5.) Merge Operations of Bus Company OA and TA at East New York in an all new state-of-the-art command center. Now built and opening soon.

6.) Merge the branding, fareboxes, and destination signs. Finally, years later it is on the horizon for completion by summer pick 2021.

7.) Kill 3 birds with one stone. Start charging $1 for new MetroCards, make them refillable, and simultaneously rid the streets and stations of MetroCard litter which was out of control at the time. 

8.) Submit a proposal to the FTA detailing how you need to move forward with SAS immediately and use an existing B-Division line to run up the first segment. Don’t wait until the entire line is finished to open it with the (T). Result, as a gift to me, living off Avenue H at the time, my (Q) train started going to 96th Street. Look where we are now! Thank The Lord.

I could continue, but I think we get the point now. My overall point to you is that you have no idea who I am, and all you do is insinuate, pass judgement, criticize, and debate about things which you are clueless about. 

Instead of arguing and being combative, stand up for what you don’t like. That’s exactly what I did and now look where we are. You can say whatever you want about me because I’m a Capricorn, and what someone else “thinks” has never held weight in my life. 

Reality is all that matters, and when I started this I said my goal was to improve public transit for all. Not just bash the MTA and complain all the time, but actually do something about it.

MTA definitely has a long way to go, and many practices they have I do not condone. That’s where diplomacy comes in. Do you know what that word means?

Don’t talk about it, stand up for what you want changed and be about it. That’s just 1/10 of my transit track record above. What have you done other than run your mouth? If you are not going to help, contribute or criticize constructively, I would again like to remind you that there is another transit “chat” board for all that extra nonsense. 

NEXT BUS PLEASE

Glad your feather are done I never ask anybody to think like me. Im entitled to my thoughts as well as my views of this system or other like NJT. Your free to ban me anytime you don't intimidate me and this won't change my stance or what I've seen. Bottom line the system is not getting better by a long shot and "I" don't see any of these changes helping in the long run. 

This broad is not the last stance just because you keep sheep mentailite members. Dialogue goes both way so I keep the energy thats given I'm very receptive to Info. Im not at liberty to explain anything to anybody nobody pays me neither does the MTA yet. Everybody so smart on here so the system should have been fixed only thing is I know in the real world it does not work that way.

The fact you know the issues make me smile you just eat the shit and call it cake. I can't do that never been my style it is broken with no fix in sight. people like your members blame everything on something other then the Agency so they will not change and your stuck paying more.

Oh somebody said politics don't play a part that was dumb seeing as the MTA does not fund it self. Only reason ORION is here because of buy NY it was cheaper. Moon ago they never liked the Jap buses as they called them but they forced the MTA to buy those I know more then you think i just don't owe any of you.

Edited by Just New York

6 hours ago, East New York said:

NEXT BUS PLEASE

Firstly, let me be among those who commend you for your accomplishments and continued hard work. With that said, you really don't owe anyone any explanation as to who you are, what you've achieved & what you are looking to accomplish going forward. As you see, no matter how "decorated" and successful you are or have been, there will ALWAYS be detractors who believe they know more or better than you. Keep fighting the good fight. There aren't too many people doing so. 

We aren’t blaming anything on anyone other than the agency. Your facts are not accurate, and all you are doing is complaining @Just New York.

I don’t know the issues and just smile. I advocate for change. I get change. You do nothing but rant. Yes, I am free to ban you at anytime, but I will grant your 1st Ammendment Right for the time being. Even though you have, and continue to break a certain rule just for the record, I’m willing to overlook that momentarily. 

You say I know more than you think, but you have yet to display any of your intelligence, or knowledge on anything of substance. Not to mention that grammar of yours is baffling, and half the time I have no clue as to what you are actually talking about. I’m also pretty sure that “Jap” is offensive.... maybe I’m wrong... Maybe you don’t know any better??? I’m just all confused here. 

As a matter of fact, what’s really going on? What the hell is your issue exactly??? All you do is bash the MTA, then said you don’t work for them “yet”....  As in you are planning on it??? YOU?? That’s like me going to work for “that company” that operates NICE. Do you plan on working for MTA sometime in the near future? What position do you want?? 🙄

Edited by East New York

22 minutes ago, East New York said:

We aren’t blaming anything on anyone other than the agency. Your facts are not accurate, and all you are doing is complaining @Just New York.

I don’t know the issues and just smile. I advocate for change. I get change. You do nothing but rant. Yes, I am free to ban you at anytime, but I will grant your 1st Ammendment Right for the time being. Even though you have, and continue to break a certain rule just for the record, I’m willing to overlook that momentarily. 

You say I know more than you think, but you have yet to display any of your intelligence, or knowledge on anything of substance. Not to mention that grammar of yours is baffling, and half the time I have no clue as to what you are actually talking about. I’m also pretty sure that “Jap” is offensive.... maybe I’m wrong... Maybe you don’t know any better??? I’m just all confused here. 

As a matter of fact, what’s really going on? What the hell is your issue exactly??? All you do is bash the MTA, then said you don’t work for them “yet”....  As in you are planning on it??? YOU?? That’s like me going to work for “that company” that operates NICE. Do you plan on working for MTA sometime in the near future? What position do you want?? 🙄

Its spell check on this phone it's a Lot already. I enjoy and love the system family from drivers to C division I call a spade a spade. I didn't wanna even talk about this that why I refrained from going into it. I will not be belittled either I've been very respectful despite the jabs. My issue wont change because the MTA is ran like a joke with no plans to change in sight. 

I will serve the people with respect as it did once apon a time and help people not just collect a check, when my time is called. I have fact and my in sight come for workers past and present so I know its fact I let you save face because this is your broad. Im not fact check with anybody on here it's not that serious to me. I rode the DD test bus everyday 3160 it's little thing like that i know to be FACTS but I'm not here for clout so I don't really care I enjoy transit.

You have knowledge as do other people your not the only source In NYC.

Edited by Just New York

25 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

Firstly, let me be among those who commend you for your accomplishments and continued hard work. With that said, you really don't owe anyone any explanation as to who you are, what you've achieved & what you are looking to accomplish going forward. As you see, no matter how "decorated" and successful you are or have been, there will ALWAYS be detractors who believe they know more or better than you. Keep fighting the good fight. There aren't too many people doing so. 

I totally agree, but every now and then people need to be reminded that if it were not for people like Trevor, (The Real) Deme (Seven Eleven), Shane (Cait) and the rest of the moderation staff, and other TTMG members, the masses would not have any of this information anyway. We have all paved the way for transparency, and by Harry continuing to provide the platform we can both share and help improve transit. 

Countless people who have become members here, were then inspired to apply for MTA and were hired in. 

People need to understand that this is a privilege, not a right. Once upon a time we went on strike here at NYCTF. For those that were around, I think you know what happened when we snatch all the information.

I literally removed ALL the information, posts and updates on every project from buses, to subways, and railroads. That was the longest 72 hours ever for many members. But 99% of the members that were here then supported our strike. What we do is not for clout. It’s to share what we love and improve on a broken system that takes diplomacy to fix. I have never owed anyone an explanation or been the “I told you so” type of guy when information hits the black & white. 

Every now and then these new members need to be reminded that we all built this platform from the ground up. We don’t have to share anything and can sit back and watch everyone speculate until MTA makes it public. Now people feel entitled to this information, and or just like to troll.

10 minutes ago, Just New York said:

Its spell check on this phone it's a Lot already. I enjoy and love the system family from drivers to C division I call a spade a spade. I didn't wanna even talk about this that why I refrained from going into it. I will not be belittled either I've been very respectful despite the jabs. My issue wont change because the MTA is bring ran like a joke with no plans to change in sight. 

I will serve the people with respect as it did once apon a time and help people not just collect a check, when my time is called. I have fact and my in sight come for workers past in present so I know its fact I let you save face because this is your broad. Im not fact check with anybody on here it's not that serious to me. I rode the DD test bus everyday 3160 it's little thing like that i know to be FACTS but I'm not here for clout so I don't really care I enjoy transit.

There are plenty of plans to change in sight. It’s called “Fast Forward,” and all citizens of the city of New York, as well as any other riding public were invited to comment and still are at community board meetings. Why didn’t you go?? As a matter of fact why don’t you go to the next one..... Oh wait, you aren’t even in New York City......... So you can’t..... 

You say all that you want to do when you work for the MTA, so why don’t you start now. Don’t know what this 3160 is you are talking about, and then you say that you rode the DD Test bus every day....... Interesting. Did you document it? I would be very interested in you telling me each run it was on each day it was in service...... I’ll wait....

2 minutes ago, East New York said:

I totally agree, but every now and then people need to be reminded that if it were not for people like Trevor, (The Real) Deme (Seven Eleven), Shane (Cait) and the rest of the moderation staff, and other TTMG members, the masses would not have any of this information anyway. We have all paved the way for transparency, and by Harry continuing to provide the platform we can both share and help improve transit. 

Countless people who have become members here, were then inspired to apply for MTA and were hired in. 

People need to understand that this is a privilege, not a right. Once upon a time we went on strike here at NYCTF. For those that were around, I think you know what happened when we snatch all the information.

I literally removed ALL the information, posts and updates on every project from buses, to subways, and railroads. That was the longest 72 hours ever for many members. But 99% of the members that were here then supported our strike. What we do is not for clout. It’s to share what we love and improve on a broken system that takes diplomacy to fix. I have never owed anyone an explanation or been the “I told you so” type of guy when information hits the black & white. 

Every now and then these new members need to be reminded that we all built this platform from the ground up. We don’t have to share anything and can sit back and watch everyone speculate until MTA makes it public. Now people feel entitled to this information, and or just like to troll.

There are plenty of plans to change in sight. It’s called “Fast Forward,” and all citizens of the city of New York, as well as any other riding public were invited to comment and still are at community board meetings. Why didn’t you go?? As a matter of fact why don’t you go to the next one..... Oh wait, you aren’t even in New York City......... So you can’t..... 

You say all that you want to do when you work for the MTA, so why don’t you start now. Don’t know what this 3160 is you are talking about, and then you say that you rode the DD Test bus every day....... Interesting. Did you document it? I would be very interested in you telling me each run it was on each day it was in service...... I’ll wait....

I believe he's referring to PA 3160, the converted '83 RTS @East New York

9 minutes ago, East New York said:

It ran mostly during the week out of UP B6 morning Runs. I'm in and out of NY im a contractor link the dates sounds fun. Im very accessible don't mind showing my face from behind this screen more my speed. 

Edited by Just New York

3 hours ago, Just New York said:

It ran mostly during the week out of UP B6 morning Runs. I'm in and out of NY im a contractor link the dates sounds fun. Im very accessible don't mind showing my face from behind this screen more my speed. 

Wait a goddamn minute..... that is a shameless lie and you know it..... take it from a person that uses the B6 on a regular basis, but it should be obvious to everyone. God, it's like a stolen valor case at this rate....

7 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

4950-4964 for the XE60, huh. Something out of left field, would have expected 1300-1314 or even 4900-4914.

Unfortunately, this means that some of the RTS may have to be renumbered when the XE60s arrive on property. They definitely will last into 2020 at current rate because there's still over 200 units still active. 

If some RTS units were to be renumbered, they could use numbers in the 1300s range or even the 1900-2000s range.

1 hour ago, Metro CSW said:

Wait a goddamn minute..... that is a shameless lie and you know it..... take it from a person that uses the B6 on a regular basis, but it should be obvious to everyone. God, it's like a stolen valor case at this rate....

He's talking about the GMC RTS that got repowered into a DD50. I'm pretty sure most members on here were really young when that bus was in service. That bus was retired like what, 15+ years ago?

12 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

He's talking about the GMC RTS that got repowered into a DD50. I'm pretty sure most members on here were really young when that bus was in service. That bus was retired like what, 15+ years ago?

It was repowered in 1993 to be exact 

Edited by Just New York

Hi, I was wondering if you know if a warranty was used to purchase the 15 AEB or will the maintenance occur within the MTA? Also where did you learn that the award for the remaining 45 Standard Electric Buses going out June 2019? Interested in learning more about the MTA's purchasing of the electric buses. Thanks!  

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

I was young indeed. 6 years old to be exact. I remember riding these buses on the B1, B9, B37, B63 and B64. In my opinion these were the best sounding buses ever https://youtu.be/YC6gXXcqllU

Edited by djtoro7

Going back to the main topic......

3 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

Unfortunately, this means that some of the RTS may have to be renumbered when the XE60s arrive on property. They definitely will last into 2020 at current rate because there's still over 200 units still active. 

If some RTS units were to be renumbered, they could use numbers in the 1300s range or even the 1900-2000s range.

I think at that point all the 1999 RTS should be gone anyways so there shouldn't be a numbering conflict. As for why the XE60s start at 4950, I doubt this is the real reason but maybe it can be possible that after the lease program is done 11-15 are sold to the MTA permanently and get renumbered to 4900-4904 with the 45 AEB bus order going from 4905-4949. Just my thoughts. Don't take this too seriously.

3 hours ago, TransportUSA said:

Hi, I was wondering if you know if a warranty was used to purchase the 15 AEB or will the maintenance occur within the MTA? Also where did you learn that the award for the remaining 45 Standard Electric Buses going out June 2019? Interested in learning more about the MTA's purchasing of the electric buses. Thanks!  

Like he said earlier he is someone who works with the MTA to figure out contracts and plans that would work best for the system. 

Right now the 10 lease buses as well as the 15 AEB artics are part of a pilot program to help convert MTA into 100% AEBs. The 45 bus order is where the main process begins.

I couldn’t find the month-by-month new bus delivery schedule (quantity and depot) for XD40, XD60, LFS and LFSA.  Is this still going to be part of the first page of Fleets and Depots?

I love the idea of posting the latest info at the top of each page.  Thanks to ENY!

5 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Going back to the main topic......

I think at that point all the 1999 RTS should be gone anyways so there shouldn't be a numbering conflict. As for why the XE60s start at 4950, I doubt this is the real reason but maybe it can be possible that after the lease program is done 11-15 are sold to the MTA permanently and get renumbered to 4900-4904 with the 45 AEB bus order going from 4905-4949. Just my thoughts. Don't take this too seriously.

Like he said earlier he is someone who works with the MTA to figure out contracts and plans that would work best for the system. 

Right now the 10 lease buses as well as the 15 AEB artics are part of a pilot program to help convert MTA into 100% AEBs. The 45 bus order is where the main process begins.

Hey! Thanks for responding about my questions regarding the 45 Standard Electric buses. I guess what I'm confused about is the June 2019 award date. According to the MTA's "Eye on the Future" website the Solicitation Date for the 45 Standard Electric buses isn't until Sept. 2019. http://web.mta.info/mta/capital/pdf/eotf_1218-1119.pdf

Solic Month

SEP

Purchase 45 Standard Electric Buses

NYCT