MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

12 minutes ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

Maybe at the EOL cycle XD will be for Brooklyn, LFS Bronx & Queens, Most electric will live in Manhattan. If they stick to this for the first time in years the MTA might get it right this time.

You forgot Staten Island, which other than the 3G O7s, it’s a sea of LFSes

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/31/2021 at 9:45 PM, Snorunts said:

For some reason I don't see Manhattanville receiving only one consecutive batch unless they get the last buses of the order.

They are scheduled to get their entire worth of buses from June thru September and will be the last depot to receive the Novas on both the primary and option order.

By the looks of things, it seems like there will be enough new buses to 

1) Retire all OG Hybrids
2) Retire all 3800-3959 series NGs

3) Retire some NGs in the 3960-4702 range 

194 XDE40s + 291 LFS Hybrids + 139 XD40s + 209 LFS Diesels is 833 new buses. We currently have roughly 415 OG Hybrids in the system, 160 Hawker XT Next Gens, and 692 Lithium Ion NGs. Once the Old Gen and Hawker XT units are retired, roughly 258 new buses will still be incoming. Even if some Next Gens are sent to MTA Bus to create a surplus, that will still leave roughly 200-250 Lithium Ion Next Gens to retire. 

1 minute ago, 1train2255railfan said:

By the looks of things, it seems like there will be enough new buses to 

1) Retire all OG Hybrids
2) Retire all 3800-3959 series NGs

3) Retire some NGs in the 3960-4702 range 

194 XDE40s + 291 LFS Hybrids + 139 XD40s + 209 LFS Diesels is 833 new buses. We currently have roughly 415 OG Hybrids in the system, 160 Hawker XT Next Gens, and 692 Lithium Ion NGs. Once the Old Gen and Hawker XT units are retired, roughly 258 new buses will still be incoming. Even if some Next Gens are sent to MTA Bus to create a surplus, that will still leave roughly 200-250 Lithium Ion Next Gens to retire. 

Those are going to MTA Bus.

On 4/4/2021 at 1:20 PM, Cait Sith said:

Those are going to MTA Bus.

Baisley Park, JFK, and LaGuardia Depots have around 276 2006/07 Hybrids. NYCT has approximately 140 2008 Hybrids and approximately 587 2009/10 Hybrids. Does this mean ~276 NG Hybrids will be sent to MTA Bus Depots and the remaining ~451 will stay in NYCT, or will some retire?

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Baisley Park, JFK, and LaGuardia Depots have around 276 2006/07 Hybrids. NYCT has approximately 140 2008 Hybrids and approximately 587 2009/10 Hybrids. Does this mean ~276 NG Hybrids will be sent to MTA Bus Depots and the remaining ~451 will stay in NYCT, or will some retire?

I'm not completely sure.

But last I heard, anything that involves Lead Acid batteries is going to scrap. So the 3900s might go there and then get pushed out by Lithium-Ion units.

Looks like Meredith's batch is getting accelerated, up to 1586 is ready for delivery. They are all in Plattsburgh right now except for 1560, which was en route earlier. It was spotted by a friend of mine in NJ.

Edited by Cait Sith

6 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Looks like Meredith's batch is getting accelerated, up to 1586 is ready for delivery. They are all in Plattsburgh right now except for 1560, which was en route earlier. It was spotted by a friend of mine in NJ.

Knowing Staten Island, I can definitely see this order for (50) buses being split up between Yukon, Castleton and Meredith. All 77 2019 LFS were supposed to go to Yukon initially and then Castleton snatched 25 just to send over 25 2015 LFS. Since the MTA received the funding needed, I'm gonna assume the option gets approved for takeover of the SIM23/SIM24, which would give Charleston their 23 ish buses. 

Are 2210-2228 and 4300-4329 up for retirement yet? Technically they are but are they supposed to be retired with this order or is this order just for additional buses? 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

21 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Knowing Staten Island, I can definitely see this order for (50) buses being split up between Yukon, Castleton and Meredith. All 77 2019 LFS were supposed to go to Yukon initially and then Castleton snatched 25 just to send over 25 2015 LFS. Since the MTA received the funding needed, I'm gonna assume the option gets approved for takeover of the SIM23/SIM24, which would give Charleston their 23 ish buses. 

Are 2210-2228 and 4300-4329 up for retirement yet? Technically they are but are they supposed to be retired with this order or is this order just for additional buses? 

This particular order as of now is not expected to be a split between the other 3 depots (subject to change). As you know Meredith has most of the 2011/2012 x3-45’s in which those will move to MTA bus depots. 

5 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

This particular order as of now is not expected to be a split between the other 3 depots (subject to change). As you know Meredith has most of the 2011/2012 x3-45’s in which those will move to MTA bus depots. 

Yes subject to change. We can all see the current stats shows 50 for Meredith. And no, Meredith does not have "most of the" 2011/2012 X3-45s...there's 90 total and they have less than 20...

I'm talking about what happens with Staten Island in general. They're not sending 20 older Prevost over to MTA Bus. 

31 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Yes subject to change. We can all see the current stats shows 50 for Meredith. And no, Meredith does not have "most of the" 2011/2012 X3-45s...there's 90 total and they have less than 20...

I'm talking about what happens with Staten Island in general. They're not sending 20 older Prevost over to MTA Bus. 

That part your correct. That stat goes to Ulmer Park. 

There’s been talk about some of those older x3-45’s going to MTA bus. I can’t see them sending 18 of Meredith’s to Ulmer Park. Even though most of that batch came from there and Yukon. 

3 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Never say never. Stranger things have happened. It was rumored a while back that both the NGs and some 2400s would move to MTA Bus. Ulmer Park has no room for any more 2400s due to the artics. It was initially speculated that some would go to Spring Creek because of their mileage.

Edited by Cait Sith

5 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Partially because I would like to catch 1557 at some point: are Meredith buses used by the other Staten Island depots for off-peak service or do they only see service in rush hour?

No, it's mostly rush hour trips. Meredith does have a trip on the 3C and 33C though. 

7 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

Got a tip from a friend that #1557-1558 and #1560 are now at Yukon. Along with "Calvin's" post regarding #2504-2506 also at Yukon, looks like those MCIs are done!

It appears we have a change on Meredith Avenue’s Prevost order. As per this post early this morning.  My educated guess is that Yukon gets 25 buses and Meredith gets its 25 as this could be a split b/w Yukon and Meredith. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

10 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

It appears we have a change on Meredith Avenue’s Prevost order. As per this post early this morning.  My educated guess is that Yukon gets 25 buses and Meredith gets its 25 as this could be a split b/w Yukon and Meredith. 

There may not be a change. Went to Staten Island today and was also told by an operator that those prevosts #1557-1558 and #1560) are there for training at Yukon. They wll go to Castleton next.