MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The XD40'S will end up in Brooklyn and some in Manhattan. The assignments could change once it is announced.

You just contradicted yourself my friend.

There are no current assignments, and nothing has been announced yet. The fleet assignments will be announced in the future. Changes may be made.

You just contradicted yourself my friend.

There are no current assignments, and nothing has been announced yet. The fleet assignments will be announced in the future. Changes may be made.

I think he meant that the XD40s would most likely go to Manhattan and Brooklyn, but it is the MTA, so that could change...

I think he meant that the XD40s would most likely go to Manhattan and Brooklyn, but it is the MTA, so that could change...

Why are some folks asking about the XD40 delivery schedule? Look at the first page of this thread:

Delivery for the next options are scheduled as follows:

60 buses scheduled to begin delivery/production April-June (XD40)

120 buses between July-September (XD40)

220 buses between October-December (XD40 and LFS)

20 buses between January and February 2017 (LFS)

Obviously the schedule has changed since this info was posted.

According to the MTA 2015-19 Capital Plan Document (page 182), $397.5 million is supposed to go to "purchase 628 standard diesel buses" in 2016.

So, we'll have to wait and see when the purchase is finalized.

So who's down for fanning the Q10 next Sunday? :P  (I'm being serious here)

Also the run number is so close yet no cigar (Rush fans know what I'm referring to and it involves a lot of air drumming)

Hold on... These buses could take another weeks or so to hit service... That pic's been on the site for at least a week...

that bus is now parked outside the port authority facility at Jfk airport on the fence facing building 142. I've been seeing it on and off for a min now. I thought they were to start late second quarter of the year so that would be now and the end of June.

They're in service today (If Cuomo is to be believed)

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the arrival of the first of 75 new buses that are being deployed into service this year as part of a concentrated effort to address overcrowding and modernize the MTA. In March, the Governor announced the addition of 2,042 buses, equipped with Wi-Fi and USB charging ports, to the MTA fleet over the next five years, replacing 40 percent of the current fleet. 

The new buses will start hitting the streets today, with seven buses going into immediate service. The remaining buses will be delivered at a rate of 4-5 per day, with all 75 arriving this summer and operating in Richmond Hill, South Jamaica, South Ozone Park, Springfield Gardens, Rosedale and Far Rockaway.

and this is a new promotional code:

CirL9cQXAAAe-_T.jpg

Bustime didn't show anything as of an hour ago but I will be checking out the routes this weekend.

Well new buses don't really show up on bustime the first days of service, but that doesn't mean they won't show up this week. I'll wait for bus time or YouTube to show some buses in the meantime.