Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

Recommended Posts

On 11/29/2018 at 6:24 PM, Coney Island Av said:

Are the XD40s moving to West Farms to bump out the remaining Orion VII CNGs to scrap? 

Those O7 CNGs have to go as their tanks are expiring. RTS retirement is on hold for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's 1000, 1016-1020? 

I'm guessing 1000 is the blueprint bus? So right now the oddballs for WF SBS is 5326-5327 and 1072. I'm assuming 1000 is gonna replace 1072 when it gets to WF, while 1072 goes to JG. Also, 1016-1017 are gonna join SBS service at WF while 1018-1020 are gonna be for local service? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Where's 1000, 1016-1020? 

I'm guessing 1000 is the blueprint bus? So right now the oddballs for WF SBS is 5326-5327 and 1072. I'm assuming 1000 is gonna replace 1072 when it gets to WF, while 1072 goes to JG. Also, 1016-1017 are gonna join SBS service at WF while 1018-1020 are gonna be for local service? 

You should know by now that all of the pilot buses always come in last.

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

You should know by now that all of the pilot buses always come in last.

I honestly thought the order was over. I knew 1108-1109 from JG arrived like a month or so ago. I just saw the roster and peeped WF is still missing a few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think articulation for the bx6 is gonna happen sooner than we think because right now there are D60s and XN60s running on the bx6 local 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

I think articulation for the bx6 is gonna happen sooner than we think because right now there are D60s and XN60s running on the bx6 local 

Same thing happened with the B35. Was supposed to go artic now but ended up happening earlier. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That bar in front of the farebox on some of the newest New Flyer buses we got kinda makes it hassle to dip the metrocard in the farebox.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 5:17 AM, Melbx15 said:

I think articulation for the bx6 is gonna happen sooner than we think because right now there are D60s and XN60s running on the bx6 local 

Don’t forget the 2 LFSA’s from MCH. Once WF gets the rest of their allotment of XN60’s  those 2 LFSAs can go to local service at WF or GH. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Don’t forget the 2 LFSA’s from MCH. Once WF gets the rest of their allotment of XN60’s  those 2 LFSAs can go to local service at WF or GH. 

I think 5328 from MCH and the rest of the LFSA’s from FB should go to WF to push out those D60’s to me that makes sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

I think 5328 from MCH and the rest of the LFSA’s from FB should go to WF to push out those D60’s to me that makes sense 

That is most likely what is going to happen. Last checked on the rumor mill that FB's LFSA are West Farms bound.. However, that's going to wait at the earliest November/December 2019 or later since (MTA) has decided to take FB's 47 XD60's for the (L) shuttle set to begin in April 2019.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kingjunior34 said:

Just seen new cummo wrap xd40 7560 on the B17 ENY

I've seen #7558 on the B17 on Friday...

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I missed it, but any idea where the L shuttle will be mainly be coming out of?

Garages?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingNas said:

Maybe I missed it, but any idea where the L shuttle will be mainly be coming out of?

Garages?

Brooklyn depots, Quill and probably more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KingNas said:

Maybe I missed it, but any idea where the L shuttle will be mainly be coming out of?

Garages?

No official announcement yet. Let's wait for the right info from @East New York, @The Real and @SevenEleven

However, I would say this unofficially: All of Brooklyn Division, Quill, and West Farms so far. Refer to the first page under the fleets section for the shuttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

No official announcement yet. Let's wait for the right info from @East New York, @The Real and @SevenEleven

However, I would say this unofficially: All of Brooklyn Division, Quill, and West Farms so far. Refer to the first page under the fleets section for the shuttle.

A few dispatchers stated that the MTA is planning to purchase an abandoned yard located in Bushwick Brooklyn as an Depot for the L shuttle bus services. Thats one of the reason we have another System pick taking place again before April 2019. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

A few dispatchers stated that the MTA is planning to purchase an abandoned yard located in Bushwick Brooklyn as an Depot for the L shuttle bus services. That's one of the reason we have another System pick taking place again before April 2019. 

Copy Copy.

I believe the abandoned yard is within the proximity of where Grand Avenue Depot is.

Winter pick in progress right now for Brooklyn Division? Also, are there swaps to your knowledge between Fresh Pond, Grand Avenue and Gleason associated with the general pick? (Just hope there are no route swaps forementioned with the depots)

April pick is for shuttle and general?

Edited by Future ENY OP
Additional Info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Copy Copy.

I believe the abandoned yard is within the proximity of where Grand Avenue Depot is.

Winter pick in progress right now for Brooklyn Division? Also, are there swaps to your knowledge between Fresh Pond, Grand Avenue and Gleason associated with the general pick? (Just hope there are no route swaps forementioned with the depots)

April pick is for shuttle and general?

Right now, the only bonafide depot for the shuttle is Quill, since they're actually getting buses for the M14 SBS. We will know for sure when the April system pick is finalized in the coming months. In January, the M35 is going to be split between Quill and Hale.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Right now, the only bonafide depot for the shuttle is Quill, since they're actually getting buses for the M14 SBS. We will know for sure when the April system pick is finalized in the coming months. In January, the M35 is going to be split between Quill and Hale.

Now that's shocker.. M35 split with MJQ and MCH.. (I wonder how that's going to work)

I guess for right now the Brooklyn Division rumors have died down a bit. Don't need the 38 and 43 going to GA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Now that's shocker.. M35 split with MJQ and MCH.. (I wonder how that's going to work)

I guess for right now the Brooklyn Division rumors have died down a bit. Don't need the 38 and 43 going to GA.

The 43 is staying but FP is giving up their half of the 38 for the 57 & 60. The system pick(ing) is over, so any of the BK/BX/M ops can tell you what's going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

A few dispatchers stated that the MTA is planning to purchase an abandoned yard located in Bushwick Brooklyn as an Depot for the L shuttle bus services. Thats one of the reason we have another System pick taking place again before April 2019. 

I posted a screenshot of the doc for it signed. Someone posted it on the subway forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

The 43 is staying but FP is giving up their half of the 38 for the 57 & 60. The system pick(ing) is over, so any of the BK/BX/M ops can tell you what's going on.

The Q58 move is still on the table too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

The Q58 move is still on the table too?

That went to Grand too.

So B38 and Q58 to Grand

B48, 57, 60 to Fresh Pond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.