MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

Preliminary Prevost Assignments that I still have to confirm.

Yukon 2490-2574 (85)

Ulmer 2575-2617 (42)

Charleston 2617-2674 (58)

Castleton 2675-2729 (55)

Charleston 2730-2789 (60)

Even with those coming in....and with the way they do things out at Yukon....they'll STILL be short on buses!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with those coming in....and with the way they do things out at Yukon....they'll STILL be short on buses!

Yukon will always be short until the MTA decides to be more serious with Staten Island. Why did MTA bus get some of Yukons Orion VII NG's especially JFK who in my opinion doesn't take care of them at all. That is the one bus LGA actually seems to care about.

Yukon will always be short until the MTA decides to be more serious with Staten Island. Why did MTA bus get some of Yukons Orion VII NG's especially JFK who in my opinion doesn't take care of them at all. That is the one bus LGA actually seems to care about.

That whole statement there is completely irrelevant.

JFK got the buses because they have the older batch of RTSs that don't do well in the summer time. Why from Yukon? I don't know. But they're both one and the same when it comes to maintenance.

As for the MTA being more serious about Staten Island, why do you think they're set to get an entirely new fleet of local and express buses? :P

It's not necessarily that JFK doesn't take care of them, rather that the MTA shouldn't have ever put any in most Queens depots. Queens routes are not optimized for hybrid buses. Therefor they break down or need preventive maintenance much more frequently than other parts of the city. Once the fleet is converted to diesel, I am 100% sure we will see the MDBF numbers increase.

-2491 is now at Ulmer Park Depot

-Xcelsiors have now been confirmed for Jamaica, and Quill Depots. Ulmer Park and Mother Clara Hare are pending, and not yet confirmed. The updated assignment will be posted on Monday. East New York's batch may go up to 60 buses now from 50. That is still pending confirmation as well.

Xcelsior assignments will be confirmed and posted on Monday. The TTMG bus roster, which is linked in the first post of this thread will be updated this evening.

I will also try to confirm the assignments, as well as request the delivery schedule for the Prevosts, as the pilot testing phase is coming to an end. The Configuration Audit pilot (2491) is now being prepared for service.

-2491 is now at Ulmer Park Depot

-Xcelsiors have now been confirmed for Jamaica, and Quill Depots. Ulmer Park and Mother Clara Hare are pending, and not yet confirmed. The updated assignment will be posted on Monday. East New York's batch may go up to 60 buses now from 50. That is still pending confirmation as well.

I'm surprised with JA I would have thought QV since they tested them. But JA and ENY have all them old 1996's bus to replace. Edited by NewFlyer 230

So did I...I wonder what QV is going to get

Nova's

Hey ENY,will the pilots at Ulmer 2490-2491 go back to Yukon or are they staying at up till their order comes?

I won't be able to confirm the actual assignments until next week. They may even go in batches like they are said to be going to Charleston. Lets wait till next week before we etch that in stone.

I'm surprised with JA I would have thought QV since they tested them. But JA and ENY have all them old 1996's bus to replace.

I'm not really surprised since there was talk of it from the beginning anyway. That's when I was surprised! lol. I didn't expect JA to loose their Nova's though.

So why no rear window on the XD40s? The A/C is roof-mounted as with the Novas, right?

Our units were not spec'd like that. The only thing I wonder is if those buses can handle the very hot summer heat because there is that vent on the top and it doesn't look like there is much ventilation. 4899 had a different rest but the layout of it looked weird.