MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would 7616 & 7617 head to Flatbush since they are ready and wrapped for SBS service? Will the allotments change for Bush and East New York change as a result of the SBS82 being postponed? 

Noticed that 9503 is still at the facility and hasn't been delivered over to Grand Avenue. I'm only guessing that GA is making room thus getting rid of some 40xx buses and presumably some RTS to make room for the XDE's? Correct? 

Edited by Future ENY OP
Spelling correction

5 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Would 7616 & 7617 head to Flatbush since they are ready and wrapped for SBS service? Will the allotments change for Bush and East New York change as a result of the SBS82 being postponed? 

Noticed that 9503 is still at the facility and hasn't been delivered over to Grand Avenue. I'm only guessing that GA is making room thus getting rid of some 40xx buses and presumably some RTS to make room for the XDE's? Correct? 

The B82 SBS is not postponed. That’s just a rumor going around , The MTA nor the DOT did not confirm the B82 is  being postponed 

7 hours ago, The Real said:

Update of new NYMTA Bus Deliveries:

92 Nova BUS LFS Artics (5439-5530😞
Projected 58 buses in service by the end of April 2018
Actual 62 buses in service by the end of April, placing this order ahead of schedule

10 New Flyer Xcelsior Hybrid (XDE40) (9500-9509😞
Projected 5 buses in service by the end of April 2018
Actual 0 buses in service, placing this order behind schedule

110 New Flyer Xcelsior CNG Articulated (XN60) (1000-1109):
Projected deliveries to start in May 2018 with 3 buses, and major deliveries to push starting in June 2018. Actual 0 buses delivered at press time.

367 New Flyer Xcelsior (XD40) (7484-7850😞
Projected deliveries to start in May 2018 with 22 buses. Actual 2 new buses delivered at press time, 7616 and 7617.

NYMTA_NFI_7617.jpg

Are there any depot assignments for these buses 

LFS - where are they going ?

XN60 - West farms and Jackie Gleason only?

XD40 - what other depots besides Flatbush and Eny are these units?

Edited by Kingjunior34

16 minutes ago, Kingjunior34 said:

Are there any depot assignments for these buses 

LFS - where are they going ?

XN60 - West farms and Jackie Gleason only?

XD40 - what other depots besides Flatbush and Eny are these units?

see pg1 

8 hours ago, The Real said:

Update of new NYMTA Bus Deliveries:

92 Nova BUS LFS Artics (5439-5530):
Projected 58 buses in service by the end of April 2018
Actual 62 buses in service by the end of April, placing this order ahead of schedule

10 New Flyer Xcelsior Hybrid (XDE40) (9500-9509):
Projected 5 buses in service by the end of April 2018
Actual 0 buses in service, placing this order behind schedule

110 New Flyer Xcelsior CNG Articulated (XN60) (1000-1109):
Projected deliveries to start in May 2018 with 3 buses, and major deliveries to push starting in June 2018. Actual 0 buses delivered at press time.

367 New Flyer Xcelsior (XD40) (7484-7850):
Projected deliveries to start in May 2018 with 22 buses. Actual 2 new buses delivered at press time, 7616 and 7617.

NYMTA_NFI_7617.jpg

any updates on the nova option is it still directly after.

Edited by limitednyc

38 minutes ago, Kingjunior34 said:

The B82 SBS is not postponed. That’s just a rumor going around , The MTA nor the DOT did not confirm the B82 is  being postponed 

Sure about that?  No active construction on the SBS Machines along the route unless I'm totally wrong. Will that 7/6/18 deadline go thru? Also, there's no construction on Penn Avenue in regards to bus lanes and Canarsie is a total mess right now with the East 108th Street construction. 

32 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Sure about that?  No active construction on the SBS Machines along the route unless I'm totally wrong. Will that 7/6/18 deadline go thru? Also, there's no construction on Penn Avenue in regards to bus lanes and Canarsie is a total mess right now with the East 108th Street construction. 

The machine stands are up along the route from Penn ave to east 80th street but the machine themselves aren't even up and this was before they postponed it. Construction around canarise has been on going since the new year and most likely not sbs related. On Penn ave they scratched up the street markings so the updated street designs is on its way at some point. They're redoing the pedestrian islands on Kings hwy and flatbush avenue so thats really about it when it comes down to actual construction for the B82 sbs unless they still have crospey avenue with a hole dug up. But even with the pace they're working I highly doubt they would have meet a July deadline even if it wasn't postponed. But yeah the MTA even said it themselves they postponed it since I emailed them. They're working with the community so at this point we don't know anything besides the ones who call the shots. But whatever happens, happens. 

10 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Honestly if B82 was going to start SBS in July, it would have been in the last round of proposed changes along with the M4 cut.

I think the B82 sbs was going to be delayed anyway. The construction they’re even doing is taking way too long. Even for the stops along the B46 sbs that they’re redoing is taking them a month to do. 

18 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

If the allotments were to change, that would mean the bus numbers the other depots would get would also be changed. Right now, East NY is still going to get 7588 - 7626 and FB will get 7667-7714. There has been no change in the allotments yet. I will assume that they will enter service soon and spend at least 4 months on the other East NY local routes local routes (assuming the B82 SBS is postponed to September).

25 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

If the allotments were to change, that would mean the bus numbers the other depots would get would also be changed. Right now, East NY is still going to get 7588 - 7626 and FB will get 7667-7714. There has been no change in the allotments yet. I will assume that they will enter service soon and spend at least 4 months on the other East NY local routes local routes (assuming the B82 SBS is postponed to September).

You can just swap the allotments of ENY and Flatbush. Its no big deal...

If they were to change it:

(48) Flatbush 7588-7635

(20) Fresh Pond 7636-7655

(20) Grand Av 7656-7675

(39) ENY 7676-7714

57 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

You can just swap the allotments of ENY and Flatbush. Its no big deal...

If they were to change it:

(48) Flatbush 7588-7635

(20) Fresh Pond 7636-7655

(20) Grand Av 7656-7675

(39) ENY 7676-7714

You’re right. I do feel that they can make the SBS buses spend 4 months in local service before they launch it. Besides, how many months do buses wrapped for SBS spend running on local routes before the actual SBS service begins?

Things I've noticed at Castleton Depot (New York City Transit)

Buses 7056 & 7067 have the "(MTA) Bus" logo on them.

Bus 7055 just has the "(MTA)" logo on it, like on the Cuomo scheme buses.

Bus 7030 has no logos at all and just a blue stripe. 

Edited by Lil 57

On 5/8/2018 at 2:34 PM, Future ENY OP said:

Saw 9503 at grand on friday

2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Things I've noticed at Castleton Depot (New York City Transit)

Buses 7056 & 7067 have the "(MTA) Bus" logo on them.

Bus 7055 just has the "(MTA)" logo on it, like on the Cuomo scheme buses.

Bus 7030 has no logos at all and just a blue stripe. 

Who in the f*ck is incharge of overseeing these buses when repainted? It's like if they had kids repainting some of these buses. If a simple white Bus with a Blue Stripe isn't properly painted, I would Imagine the Cuomo scheme buses once their time would come..

3 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

Who in the f*ck is incharge of overseeing these buses when repainted? It's like if they had kids repainting some of these buses. If a simple white Bus with a Blue Stripe isn't properly painted, I would Imagine the Cuomo scheme buses once their time would come..

Sometimes the logos peel off or are peeled off. I do believe they also repainted the 3Gs at College Point and Zerega hence why some buses have MTA Bus logos (though maybe they just didnt have enough of the NYC Bus stickers)...

20 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

Sometimes the logos peel off or are peeled off. I do believe they also repainted the 3Gs at College Point and Zerega hence why some buses have MTA Bus logos (though maybe they just didnt have enough of the NYC Bus stickers)...

3G'S were never given to MTA bus.

22 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

is college point the main repaint center for NYCT and MTA Bus?

Definitely not true. College Point and any other depot with a paint booth will paint sections or panels on buses as after an accident repair. Scheduled overhaul painting is done exclusively at Zerega and Grand Ave CMF (mostly at grand ave cmf). Even buses overhauled at ENY go to grand for paint.

1 hour ago, Blitz said:

Definitely not true. College Point and any other depot with a paint booth will paint sections or panels on buses as after an accident repair. Scheduled overhaul painting is done exclusively at Zerega and Grand Ave CMF (mostly at grand ave cmf). Even buses overhauled at ENY go to grand for paint.

I was thinking about the wrong depot then. Don't know why. Atleast this clarifies. 

20 hours ago, Blitz said:

Now, I'm sure that's totally true for NYCT - but I've also noticed JK and LG buses (Usually RTS' and the Old Gens) get their scheduled overhaul painting done in ENY, usually in the summer, the last 3 summers I've noticed it.
So does MTA bus have two different depots doing their overhaul paintings? And that overhaul painting isn't just painting for some buses right?

51 minutes ago, Rick44 said:

Now, I'm sure that's totally true for NYCT - but I've also noticed JK and LG buses (Usually RTS' and the Old Gens) get their scheduled overhaul painting done in ENY, usually in the summer, the last 3 summers I've noticed it.
So does MTA bus have two different depots doing their overhaul paintings? And that overhaul painting isn't just painting for some buses right?

ENY CMF doesn't have a paint booth, the body prep gets done but its sent out to the CMF like Grand...

More New Flyer Xcelsior News...

Preliminary Assignments for the 2019 New Flyer Xcelsior Articulated (XD60) fleet (#6126-6233) is Mother Clara Hale Depot (OF) for 51 buses to replace the current M15 +Select fleet which will push the 1200-Series & any 5000-Series Novas into local service and Flatbush (FB) for 57 buses to replace the current B44 +Select fleet and to convert the B46 +Select to articulated buses which will push the 5300-Series Novas into local service. First bus scheduled to arrive in January of 2019.

That is all the information available as of now, so any subsequent questions can not be answered as there is no more info at press time.

Edited by The Real