MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Is this accurate sir? Only reason I say that is because the XD40 keeps changing. 

I mentioned "I don't know" (meaning numbers to be there).. but the newer ones are moving out the older SBS units AFAIK

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Isn’t that the same case with the incoming XD40 buses (currently on the B46 SBS)?

Pretty much. It's kinda obvious that the XN60s would have screens implemented as they were supposed to have them beginning with 1016.

Just wanted to point out the minor detail.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

2 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Pretty much. It's kinda obvious that the XN60s would have screens implemented as they were supposed to have them beginning with 1016.

Just wanted to point out the minor detail.

Do you think that they’ll have the same screens as the new XD40 buses (that don’t announce ANY Transfers)?

12 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Do you think that they’ll have the same screens as the new XD40 buses (that don’t announce ANY Transfers)?

They are the same screens as the XD40s, however I don't thing the lack of transfers is permanent... I think once more buses have the screens, they'll fix that.

20 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

They are the same screens as the XD40s, however I don't thing the lack of transfers is permanent... I think once more buses have the screens, they'll fix that.

I hope they add them soon, especially to the 43 XD40 buses that will be going to Michael J Quill (MQ) in tourist-heavy Midtown Manhattan, otherwise the tourists won’t be happy. Actually, all the Manhattan buses should have those screens that announce transfers, especially the MQ buses, for the tourists.

4 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I hope they add them soon, especially to the 43 XD40 buses that will be going to Michael J Quill (MQ) in tourist-heavy Midtown Manhattan, otherwise the tourists won’t be happy. Actually, all the Manhattan buses should have those screens that announce transfers, especially the MQ buses, for the tourists.

If they roll out all the features that they had during the test period on the Q44 that would be great. 

Transfers, BusTime arrival info for connecting buses, maybe even intergrate Subway Time data...

Just now, Around the Horn said:

If they roll out all the features that they had during the test period on the Q44 that would be great. 

Transfers, BusTime arrival info for connecting buses, maybe even intergrate Subway Time data...

It would be helpful in tourist-heavy locations so that it would be easier riding the bus. The MTA knows that not all bus riders are familiar with the system.

8 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

If the buses now dont have screens at all I dont think lack of transfers will matter....

4 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I heard that the proterra demos are getting their rear doors changed from push to plugs due to #18 having a major breakdown recently

That appears to be correct... Supposedly Grand Av has the parts for the other 4 already.

Speaking of Grand Av, what in the world is going on with the Allison XDE40s?

On 6/9/2018 at 1:20 PM, Calvin said:

I don't know if this was answered or known yet but the XD-40 order for the B46 SBS  to be exact is 7619-7668

No, this was never the assignment. Lol. Its been 7616-

6 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I heard that the proterra demos are getting their rear doors changed from push to plugs due to #18 having a major breakdown recently

The doors have had issues and it's nit isolated to 0018.

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

That appears to be correct... Supposedly Grand Av has the parts for the other 4 already.

Speaking of Grand Av, what in the world is going on with the Allison XDE40s?

They haven’t passed audit yet. The first BAE’s should be in by now as well.

One Question: Why does the (MTA) run broken buses on bus routes. Today I was on the S57 (LFS #8293) and that bus had a messed up destination sign and a broken fare box. The B/O had to play a recording of himself saying "57 to Hlyan and Ebbitts" due to that fact that the destination sign was frozen on "Not In Service", Plus the MTA was losing money on all the fares lost on that bus. It also wasn't on BusTime. 

57 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

One Question: Why does the (MTA) run broken buses on bus routes. Today I was on the S57 (LFS #8293) and that bus had a messed up destination sign and a broken fare box. The B/O had to play a recording of himself saying "57 to Hlyan and Ebbitts" due to that fact that the destination sign was frozen on "Not In Service", Plus the MTA was losing money on all the fares lost on that bus. It also wasn't on BusTime. 

To make service, rather a broken bus run to complete a run than not run at all. I been buses on two separate occasions where the transmission was messed up couldn't shift out of first gear.. 

Just now, trainfan22 said:

To make service, rather a broken bus run to complete a run than not run at all. I been buses on two separate occasions where the transmission was messed up couldn't shift out of first gear.. 

but don't they have other buses, each depot has spare buses for a reason.

23 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Can someone explain why the S89 LTD never uses NGs?

Where have you been? When the NGs first came to YU in 2008-2009, it used nothing but those with Orion Vs that popped up occasionally.  

To answer your question, I assume it’s due to the fact that the Nova LFSes handle the roads and the bridge better, but I could be wrong. Though, it is still possible to catch an NG on the S89. 

Edited by S78 via Hylan