MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting  I couldnt see Brooklyn getting more next gens as they are in the phase of pushing out old fleet and getting more and the GA and FP thing I wouldn't count on remember  GA is pushing buses out by the time more XDs come through and as they get artics so I couldnt see them getting more next gens as they have 85 plus units which is enough for them... And FP as well which they do need more buses I know for sure the old gens will get pushed out soon and maybe some next gens and for rtses I did heard 5207-5208 could go to FP as a GA driver said those rtses are definitely  leaving So yeah the only thing that would make sinse is MHV getting more Next gens to push out some green old gens. And the Ulmer park thing could be possible  to with ulmer getting some too but I'mnot sure how the operators will feel about them driving them and having then around the depot sinse there use to the rtses and XDs.

3 hours ago, The Real said:

2018-19 Nova LFS (40-Foot) Preliminary Assignments:

Castleton - 15 Buses

Charleston - 15 Buses

Gun Hill - 50 Buses

Kingsbridge - 60 Buses

Yukon - 47 Buses

Queens Village - 64 Buses

Buses are expected to be delivered in this order: Queens Village, Yukon, Castleton, Gun Hill, Kingsbridge

As with everything MTA, this information is subject to change

YEP! Looks like they are replacing those NGs on the S79 SBS. About time!

So no Manhattanville, COULD mean that the Novas will bump NGs at Gun Hill and Kingsbridge to Manhattanville.

Edited by The TransitMan

8 minutes ago, The TransitMan said:

YEP! Looks like they are replacing those NGs on the S79 SBS. About time!

So no Manhattanville, COULD mean that the Novas will bump NGs at Gun Hill and Kingsbridge to Manhattanville.

.... and I would add Brooklyn to the mix. However, stranger things have happen. We can all say most of the NG’s go to Manhattanville than next thing DOB puts a bait and switch. 

8 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

.... and I would add Brooklyn to the mix. However, stranger things have happen. We can all say most of the NG’s go to Manhattanville than next thing DOB puts a bait and switch. 

A scenario I can see happening is Manhattanville retire the Gen I and getting more Gen II's from Fresh Pond and Fresh Pond getting the NG's from Bronx and Staten Island.

50 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Interesting  I couldnt see Brooklyn getting more next gens as they are in the phase of pushing out old fleet and getting more and the GA and FP thing I wouldn't count on remember  GA is pushing buses out by the time more XDs come through and as they get artics so I couldnt see them getting more next gens as they have 85 plus units which is enough for them... And FP as well which they do need more buses I know for sure the old gens will get pushed out soon and maybe some next gens and for rtses I did heard 5207-5208 could go to FP as a GA driver said those rtses are definitely  leaving So yeah the only thing that would make sinse is MHV getting more Next gens to push out some green old gens. And the Ulmer park thing could be possible  to with ulmer getting some too but I'mnot sure how the operators will feel about them driving them and having then around the depot sinse there use to the rtses and XDs.

Ulmer Park and East New York are the only 2 depots in the Brooklyn Division that don’t want any NG’s in their depot. Looks like that’s gonna change at least for Ulmer Park. When they always run short of buses Flatbush and Fresh Pond are lending their NG’s to Ulmer Park. 

It’s about time that Ulmer Park get on board with the NG’s. 

4 hours ago, King Transit said:

I don't live in Staten Island , but my concern with Castleton is that they drive their buses to the ground like the MTA ordered toy buses. I was suggesting to not give them these cuomofied LFS'(40fts)

Blame it on the roads that there is no avoiding instead of the the drivers.

17 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

NovaBus 8504-8572 Assignments:

Queens Vill (64) to replace the 2004 hybrids
Yukon (47) to replace the 79 fleet
Castleton (15)
Gun Hill (50)
Kingsbridge (60)
Charleston (15)

First bus due in February.

Can someone remind me why Charleston and Charleston is getting this order, even though they already have a new fleet? I was hoping the assignments go like this:

Yukon: 67

Castleton: 10

Queens Village: 64 (for the retirement of the 2003-04 Orion VII OG Hybrids, the first MTA hybrids)

Gun Hill: 50

Kingsbridge: 60

Also, the numbers are supposed to be 8504-8754, for 251 buses.

8 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Made no sense for these buses to go to Manhattanville and I'm glad that changed ASAP. Looks like they plan on keeping the 7000s at Castleton. Also Yukon has like 74 NGs and Staten Island is getting 77 Novas total. I see a lot of swapping about to happen. 

Charleston would lose 8170-8183, 8259 (-15) while gaining (+15) 2019 models. Result: lost 15 older, gained 15 new. 

CAS would receive 8170-8183 (+14) and lose 8228-8256 (-29) to Yukon. Then they'll receive (+15) 2019 models. Result: lost 29 older, gained 14 older( to uniform fleet) and 15 new. 

Yukon would receive 8228-8256, 8259 (+30), as well as +47 2019 models for a total of 77. They'll lose all their 2009 Orion VIIs (-74), with +3 service boost for S79. Result : lost 74 NGs, gained 30 older, 47 new. 

CH: 8120-8125, 8127-8169 (49) +15 = 64

CAS: 8170-8227 (58) +15 = 73

YUK: 8228-8317. (90) +47 = 137

Interesting. Looks like with this plan Yukon will be getting back the buses they were giving way to Castleton, with a few extras. This should provide more reliable service o the Yukon routes.

Also, I believe back when the 2015 LFS order was delivered, Castleton was to have 68 LFS (8184-8251). Were there any scenarios that caused it go get more buses from Yukon, such as service increases or maintenance problems on the 3G's? In just asking.

17 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Manhattanville (0)

:)

Bummer. I was hoping they can get some for driver and maintenance training. Did someone on the West Harlem Environmental Action (now WE-ACT for Environmental Justice) organization get a hold of the plans to send Diesel LFS buses to Manhattanville and forced the MTA to withdraw their plans and eventually had them bow down to their demands?

13 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I was hoping they can get some for driver and maintenance training. Did someone on the West Harlem Environmental Action (now WE-ACT for Environmental Justice) organization get a hold of the plans to send Diesel LFS buses to Manhattanville and forced the MTA to withdraw their plans and eventually had them bow down to their demands?

You do know the LFS (diesel) were never intended to be at MHV permanently right? The plan was to use the LFS there for maintenance and in case the 275 Hybrid order was split between Nova and new flyer, which seems unlikely now.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Just now, MysteriousBtrain said:

You do know the LFS were never intended to be at MHV permanently right? The plan was to use the LFS there for maintenance and in case the 275 Hybrid order was split between Nova and new flyer, which seems unlikely now.

I was aware of that, but this could've been the opportunity to train them on how to drive and maintain an LFS. Guess they will have to wait.

10 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Can someone remind me why Charleston  is getting this order, even though they already have a new fleet? I was hoping the assignments go like this:

Yukon: 67

Castleton: 10

Queens Village: 64 (for the retirement of the 2003-04 Orion VII OG Hybrids, the first MTA hybrids)

Gun Hill: 50

Kingsbridge: 60

Also, the numbers are supposed to be 8504-8754, for 251 buses.

I just want to remind you something. There are certain depots throughout the city that have a say which equipment enters their garage.

- All 3 depots in the Staten Island Division have a say. So, I'm not surprised that this order was going to be a Staten Island, Queens, Bronx order.

- Ulmer Park and East New York (Brooklyn)

- MJQ (Manhattan)

- Queens Village and Casey Stengal (Queens)

- Gun Hill (Bronx)

Also, MHV more than likely is expected to get the XDE40 order. Along with some depots in Brooklyn.

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Ulmer Park and East New York are the only 2 depots in the Brooklyn Division that don’t want any NG’s in their depot. Looks like that’s gonna change at least for Ulmer Park. When they always run short of buses Flatbush and Fresh Pond are lending their NG’s to Ulmer Park. 

It’s about time that Ulmer Park get on board with the NG’s. 

True true so Ulmer could get them for good soon

9 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

True true so Ulmer could get them for good soon

You better hope and pray DOB put the bait and switch and have Ulmer Park take in some NG’s. If not, these transfers are for Manhattanville and Fresh Pond. I would possibly say Flatbush. However, they want more XD’s for the local. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

14 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

You better hope and pray DOB put the bait and switch and have Ulmer Park take in some NG’s. If not, these transfers are for Manhattanville and Fresh Pond. I would possibly say Flatbush. However, they want more XD’s for the local. 

And speaking of Which sinse more XDE40s will come for next next year I heard FP will get the orders of XDE40s  which should push out all old gens and maybe next gens too and FLat Bush on the other is getting XD60s so the lfses should be gone I dont know if they would want more Next gens but I will have to see

4 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

All 3 depots in the Staten Island Division have a say. So, I'm not surprised that this order was going to be a Staten Island, Queens, Bronx order.

Yeah, but i wasn’t aware that all of the Staten Island Local depots were now apart of the order. I thought Yukon was the only Staten Island division depot getting this order.

What I said it should have been in the first place! lol Minus only Jamaica Depot.

No point in sending diesels when there are plenty of NG's free, and new Hybrids will be coming in next year. In addition, MV will get electric buses at some point in the near future anyway.  

More OG's will also go Bus Company until they retire. I'm going to start updating the first page soon, and now we are just waiting on the new XD assignments which are just fly-by-wire right now.

15 hours ago, East New York said:

What I said it should have been in the first place! lol Minus only Jamaica Depot.

No point in sending diesels when there are plenty of NG's free, and new Hybrids will be coming in next year. In addition, MV will get electric buses at some point in the near future anyway.  

More OG's will also go Bus Company until they retire. I'm going to start updating the first page soon, and now we are just waiting on the new XD assignments which are just fly-by-wire right now.

So ENY maybe getting NGs ???? As well at Ulmer Park ???

Just want to remind a few folks: Many moons ago Ulmer Park had the 70xx series NG's. So Ulmer Park is capable of having NG's in their garage.

Like I indicated yesterday in a previous post Ulmer Park in the Brooklyn Division has a say to which buses enter their garage. 

The Department of Buses (DOB) has the overall say and may put a bait and switch and have Ulmer Park receive NG's from the Bronx and or Staten Island. The other issue I have is through observations that when Ulmer Park runs short of buses they get Flatbush NG's and Fresh Pond NG's and a bus from Gleason to make service.

2 hours ago, R179 8258 said:

So ENY maybe getting NGs ???? As well at Ulmer Park ???

I say Ulmer Park before East New York. The last time I saw East New York utlize a NG was 4596 and 4598 went to ENY for a brief stint back in the day.