MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's 1000, 1016-1020? 

I'm guessing 1000 is the blueprint bus? So right now the oddballs for WF SBS is 5326-5327 and 1072. I'm assuming 1000 is gonna replace 1072 when it gets to WF, while 1072 goes to JG. Also, 1016-1017 are gonna join SBS service at WF while 1018-1020 are gonna be for local service? 

29 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Where's 1000, 1016-1020? 

I'm guessing 1000 is the blueprint bus? So right now the oddballs for WF SBS is 5326-5327 and 1072. I'm assuming 1000 is gonna replace 1072 when it gets to WF, while 1072 goes to JG. Also, 1016-1017 are gonna join SBS service at WF while 1018-1020 are gonna be for local service? 

You should know by now that all of the pilot buses always come in last.

On 12/3/2018 at 5:17 AM, Melbx15 said:

I think articulation for the bx6 is gonna happen sooner than we think because right now there are D60s and XN60s running on the bx6 local 

Don’t forget the 2 LFSA’s from MCH. Once WF gets the rest of their allotment of XN60’s  those 2 LFSAs can go to local service at WF or GH. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Don’t forget the 2 LFSA’s from MCH. Once WF gets the rest of their allotment of XN60’s  those 2 LFSAs can go to local service at WF or GH. 

I think 5328 from MCH and the rest of the LFSA’s from FB should go to WF to push out those D60’s to me that makes sense 

6 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

I think 5328 from MCH and the rest of the LFSA’s from FB should go to WF to push out those D60’s to me that makes sense 

That is most likely what is going to happen. Last checked on the rumor mill that FB's LFSA are West Farms bound.. However, that's going to wait at the earliest November/December 2019 or later since (MTA) has decided to take FB's 47 XD60's for the (L) shuttle set to begin in April 2019.

3 minutes ago, KingNas said:

Maybe I missed it, but any idea where the L shuttle will be mainly be coming out of?

Garages?

No official announcement yet. Let's wait for the right info from @East New York, @The Real and @SevenEleven

However, I would say this unofficially: All of Brooklyn Division, Quill, and West Farms so far. Refer to the first page under the fleets section for the shuttle.

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

No official announcement yet. Let's wait for the right info from @East New York, @The Real and @SevenEleven

However, I would say this unofficially: All of Brooklyn Division, Quill, and West Farms so far. Refer to the first page under the fleets section for the shuttle.

A few dispatchers stated that the MTA is planning to purchase an abandoned yard located in Bushwick Brooklyn as an Depot for the L shuttle bus services. Thats one of the reason we have another System pick taking place again before April 2019. 

10 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

A few dispatchers stated that the MTA is planning to purchase an abandoned yard located in Bushwick Brooklyn as an Depot for the L shuttle bus services. That's one of the reason we have another System pick taking place again before April 2019. 

Copy Copy.

I believe the abandoned yard is within the proximity of where Grand Avenue Depot is.

Winter pick in progress right now for Brooklyn Division? Also, are there swaps to your knowledge between Fresh Pond, Grand Avenue and Gleason associated with the general pick? (Just hope there are no route swaps forementioned with the depots)

April pick is for shuttle and general?

Edited by Future ENY OP
Additional Info

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Copy Copy.

I believe the abandoned yard is within the proximity of where Grand Avenue Depot is.

Winter pick in progress right now for Brooklyn Division? Also, are there swaps to your knowledge between Fresh Pond, Grand Avenue and Gleason associated with the general pick? (Just hope there are no route swaps forementioned with the depots)

April pick is for shuttle and general?

Right now, the only bonafide depot for the shuttle is Quill, since they're actually getting buses for the M14 SBS. We will know for sure when the April system pick is finalized in the coming months. In January, the M35 is going to be split between Quill and Hale.

2 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Right now, the only bonafide depot for the shuttle is Quill, since they're actually getting buses for the M14 SBS. We will know for sure when the April system pick is finalized in the coming months. In January, the M35 is going to be split between Quill and Hale.

Now that's shocker.. M35 split with MJQ and MCH.. (I wonder how that's going to work)

I guess for right now the Brooklyn Division rumors have died down a bit. Don't need the 38 and 43 going to GA.

17 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Now that's shocker.. M35 split with MJQ and MCH.. (I wonder how that's going to work)

I guess for right now the Brooklyn Division rumors have died down a bit. Don't need the 38 and 43 going to GA.

The 43 is staying but FP is giving up their half of the 38 for the 57 & 60. The system pick(ing) is over, so any of the BK/BX/M ops can tell you what's going on.

44 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

A few dispatchers stated that the MTA is planning to purchase an abandoned yard located in Bushwick Brooklyn as an Depot for the L shuttle bus services. Thats one of the reason we have another System pick taking place again before April 2019. 

I posted a screenshot of the doc for it signed. Someone posted it on the subway forum.