MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

4 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

That bus had more life than those made after it. 

That’s nice. However they should hurry up and retire that bus (along with the other O7 CNGs) because 2019 is happening tomorrow. Last thing we need is a bunch of buses that will become useless with no replacements.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

That’s nice. However they should hurry up and retire that bus (along with the other O7 CNGs) because 2019 is happening tomorrow. Last thing we need is a bunch of buses that will become useless with no replacements.

7685 probably came in last after the rest of the order did, so it's probably gonna last until the Spring (that's when all the remaining Orion VIIs are supposed to be retired by)

12 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Tbh, they should've sent the best RTS's to WF. Then they could've retired the O7's by the first day of 2019 like they wanted to...

28 minutes ago, TheTransitKing said:

Tbh, they should've sent the best RTS's to WF. Then they could've retired the O7's by the first day of 2019 like they wanted to...

They're not being retired yet. At most, these buses will run into Spring. Once enough buses are brought in for the Bx36 artic conversion, then there will not be a need for the Orions anymore.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

3 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

where will those buses assigned for the (L) shutdown go now?

To whatever depot assigned to replace any bus that is EOL (end of life).

RTS and D60HF will be gone by mid year, all of the 2004-05 Orion VII's retire as well much sooner than 2020. A good portion of XD40's were for the (L) shutdown. Now that's not happening, any bus that's slated for retirement will retire much faster now.

34 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Well now with this whole (L) shuttle cancelation, I hope all these buses can now finally go to their respective depots in uniform fleet numbers. 

True. If I was willing to make YT review on these recent buses within a year or 3(currently I make bus reviews), I don't want to be confused and look stupid to be thinking of what I want to say first with or without the fleet number for those assignments.

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Well now with this whole (L) shuttle cancelation, I hope all these buses can now finally go to their respective depots in uniform fleet numbers. 

We don't necessarily know if they're still going to use a shuttle or not. They probably are going to use some form of a shuttle in my opinion. It probably won’t be in the same capacity as they planned it to be. But what can be likely to happen will be most of these newer buses will in fact go to the depots to help retire fleets that need to be retired. So far west farms has taken a chunk of the newer XD40s because they need to retire their old CNG buses and Jamaica just got a new slew of XD40s so it’s most likely going help retire their RTS. Also let’s not forget the newer artics that will help retire the rest of the old artics. So I believe buses will be sent to where older buses should be retired. 

22 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

Can someone fill me in on which routes got new homes ? 

1. I know the Q38 & Q58 went to grand ave Depot 

2 . The B60 went to fresh pond 

3. The M35 is being split with quill 

are there any others ?

B60 Should've Went Back To ENY In My Opinon 🙄🤷🏾‍♂️

1 hour ago, Armani said:

B60 Should've Went Back To ENY In My Opinon 🙄🤷🏾‍♂️

agreed. from a personal perspective, the 60 should've been back at ENY ages ago and the 47 should've went back to Flatbush as well, however those depots cannot support the 30 plus runs on each line at this time, so sadly, dreams will not become reality just yet. also, there shouldn't be a Fresh Pond B7 either, but i digress

16 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

agreed. from a personal perspective, the 60 should've been back at ENY ages ago and the 47 should've went back to Flatbush as well, however those depots cannot support the 30 plus runs on each line at this time, so sadly, dreams will not become reality just yet. also, there shouldn't be a Fresh Pond B7 either, but i digress

Exactly, The B60 Should've Stayed At ENY instead of going to Grand Avenue And Now Fresh Pond 

1 hour ago, Armani said:

Exactly, The B60 Should've Stayed At ENY instead of going to Grand Avenue And Now Fresh Pond 

Personally we all would of liked the B60 to return home to East New York and the 47 back to Flatbush. However, the way things are set right now in this crazy Brooklyn Division that will never happen AND plus what @EastFlatbushLarry Indicated makes sense. Only way the 60 goes back to ENY. ENY would have to give Fresh Pond Q24 to regain back the 60. 

What kinda makes sense with the 60 going to Fresh Pond is a direct interline with the Q54 at Williamsburg Bridge. Other that, I agree the 60 belongs home at ENY. 

18 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

There needs to be a serious re-alignment with the Brooklyn Division. 

If I were a suitor doing this. I’d do the following: 

Flatbush: B2, B4, B7, B41, B44, B46, B47, B49.

East New York: B12, B14, B15, B17, B25, B42, B45, B60, B82, B83, B84, Q56 

Fresh Pond: B13, B20, B26, B48, B52, B54, B57, Q24, Q54, Q55

Grand Avenue: B32, B38 B39, B62, Q58, Q59

Ulmer: B1, B3, B6, B8, B16, B36, B64, 

Gleason: B9, B35, B43, B61, B63, B65, B67, B68, B69, B70

However, in my honest of truths. Brooklyn needs another depot and CMF facility along with Grand Avenue and East New York (current) and I’d put Spring Creek back in the Brooklyn Division. They have no business in the Queens Division with no Queens routes at all. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

23 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Personally we all would of liked the B60 to return home to East New York and the 47 back to Flatbush. However, the way things are set right now in this crazy Brooklyn Division that will never happen AND plus what @EastFlatbushLarry Indicated makes sense. Only way the 60 goes back to ENY. ENY would have to give Fresh Pond Q24 to regain back the 60. 

What kinda makes sense with the 60 going to Fresh Pond is a direct interline with the Q54 at Williamsburg Bridge. Other that, I agree the 60 belongs home at ENY. 

the only way(s) the 47 & 60 return to FB & EN respectively is if other lines in those depots cut runs by running artics on certain lines to accommodate the 30-someodd runs per line. aside from that, believe me, Brooklyn Division is indeed a zoo. i agree, the direct interline between the Q54 & B60 is interesting for Fresh Pond, however the Q54 lateness will adversely affect the B60 if those paddles are in fact terminal interlined. i don't like that possibility at all. 

2 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

the only way(s) the 47 & 60 return to FB & EN respectively is if other lines in those depots cut runs by running artics on certain lines to accommodate the 30-someodd runs per line. aside from that, believe me, Brooklyn Division is indeed a zoo. i agree, the direct interline between the Q54 & B60 is interesting for Fresh Pond, however the Q54 lateness will adversely affect the B60 if those paddles are in fact terminal interlined. i don't like that possibility at all. 

The Q54 and B60 is an interesting interline to me. In a way I kinda wish Fresh Pond had the 60 years ago to really test out that interline. To your knowledge when you was in ENY what interlines did the 60 have? 

The Division is a zoo in its self. 

For FB’s chance back at the 47. Few things have to happen. 41, 44, and 46 all have to be artic routes. (No exceptions to that) Local and SBS. FLEET is another story. 

For ENY chance back at the 60. The 15 and 82 definitely need to be artic lines. I’d throw in the 25 for a part time basis to have the 60 back home in ENY.