MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a question after what happened this month. I know this is too early, but will the LFS-A assignment for MQ, 5567-5602, either replace the XD60s for SBS duties, or will it stick to the plan, and be used for the (L) train shuttle?

Edited by RSMG106
Meant to say shuttle.

1 hour ago, RSMG106 said:

I got a question after what happened this month. I know this is too early, but will the LFS-A assignment for MQ, 5567-5602, either replace the XD60s for SBS duties, or will it stick to the plan, and be used for the (L) train shuttle?

Way too early to even assume. With Cumos shake up and other things we don’t even know if there will be an L train shuttle. 

Edited by Brillant93
Typo

13 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

12 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

Way too early to even assume. With Cumos shake up and other things we don’t even know if there will be an L train shuttle. 

Well before the shutdown was cancelled, the delivery was changed so that Quill would be getting additional XD60s and the LFSAs would be going elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Well before the shutdown was cancelled, the delivery was changed so that Quill would be getting additional XD60s and the LFSAs would be going elsewhere. 

Seems weird, but since that more than 80 XD60s are in SBS duties, it will make sense that the LFS-A should push the XD60s from MQ to OH. However, this is just my opinion.

Edited by RSMG106

11 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Well based off the first page of this thread I believe both XD60S and LFSAs were supposed to go to quill. But we still don’t know what is what yet. I know the MTA still want to provide bus service for the new plan being how a train every 20 minutes is too much for people. So it could be the shuttle(if there is one) won’t be as extensive as it was for a full shutdown. So they might not even need all those buses to cover a shuttle. What I think is a guarantee is that the M14 sbs will become a thing. 

4 minutes ago, limitednyc said:

how many artics does Quill currently  need to make service + spears?

If you talking about SBS they have M23, M34/A, M60, M79 & M86 and if the M14sbs will be starting then add that to the list so Quill would need about 100 or so buses to make service/Spears  

local service M14A/D & split route M35 about 46 buses 

16 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

I think we going to have a wait and see but i think is true that the LFSA (5567-5602) if not needed for the L shuttle are supposed to push out the XD60s to Tuskegee but wait when the 2019 xd60s (6126-6286) come they will push out the older xd60s back to local service as well  (6030-6125) 95 buses and not all of them are for Tuskegee so there maybe other Depots getting  xd60s 

17 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

I think we going to have a wait and see but i think is true that the LFSA (5567-5602) if not needed for the L shuttle are supposed to push out the XD60s to Tuskegee but wait when the 2019 xd60s (6126-6286) come they will push out the older xd60s back to local service as well  (6030-6125) 95 buses and not all of them are for Tuskegee so there maybe other Depots getting  xd60s 

I think a lot of you guys aren’t understanding what those artics are for. There were supposed to be used for the L train shuttle. We don’t know what’s going to happen with the L train shutdown such as bus service. We can be almost certain the plan they had is going to be altered but we don’t know if they’re going to need all those buses now. The newer artics initially after the shuttle was supposed to push older artics into local service. The XD60s from 2017 aren’t quills. Right after the M train shuttle they were sent to quill and those buses helped retire their old new flyer artics. On top of that the 2017 XD60s are loaned all over the city so they aren’t where they are supposed to be at the moment. The 2019 XD60s were supposed to go for the B44, 46, and M15 sbs to push the older artics into local service. But the artics meant for Flatbush Depot were going to be used for the L train shuttle. Again we don’t know what the new plan for this shutdown is going to entail. 

Read the first page of this thread. If any major updates were made it will be on there. 

11 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I think a lot of you guys aren’t understanding what those artics are for. There were supposed to be used for the L train shuttle. We don’t know what’s going to happen with the L train shutdown such as bus service. We can be almost certain the plan they had is going to be altered but we don’t know if they’re going to need all those buses now. The newer artics initially after the shuttle was supposed to push older artics into local service. The XD60s from 2017 aren’t quills. Right after the M train shuttle they were sent to quill and those buses helped retire their old new flyer artics. On top of that the 2017 XD60s are loaned all over the city so they aren’t where they are supposed to be at the moment. The 2019 XD60s were supposed to go for the B44, 46, and M15 sbs to push the older artics into local service. But the artics meant for Flatbush Depot were going to be used for the L train shuttle. Again we don’t know what the new plan for this shutdown is going to entail. 

Read the first page of this thread. If any major updates were made it will be on there. 

This is kind of what I was getting at.  We are going to have to wait and see, everything isn’t always 100% with the MTA 

34 minutes ago, King Transit said:

Oh wait, that was the B46 SBS unit. FB should also get the LCL units.

Bringing this over here to avoid side discussions on the transfer thread. 

But I believe some of those 46 XD60s are going to put into local service when FB get thier new artics. 

8 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Guessing they want the S89 to be all MCI?

Most likely, although the MCIs out of Yukon still run on the SIMs (like the SIM5, SIM6, SIM9, etc. ) 

Another reason could be so that all the 2002 buses are housed at one depot (Yukon) instead of splitting them between the latter and Castleton.

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

6119 is out in service on the b44 right now. These two units are likely here for training for when they get their batch.

Yes 6119 is on the 44 right now. After it got fueled up and washed I was trying to see if anything new was changed compared to the new xd40s.

Edited by DueceDrives

27 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

Yes 6119 is on the 44 right now. After it got fueled up and washed I was trying to see if anything new was changed compared to the new xd40s.

The XD40s are 2018 buses with 6119 being 2017.  It might be the other way around lol