MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Be VERY CAREFUL in that area. There’s a strict no peeping thru the facility. That’s good news that the XD60 option delivery is about to commence.  

You remind me of last summer about me willing to sneek peak at the facility, which i didn't know it was illegal. Especially that I am an MTA worker, but that may cause the termination of my job. Even one of my YT subs, would report me to the MTA in order for me not to leak the surprise buses. Thanks for the advice though😉.

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Be VERY CAREFUL in that area. There’s a strict no peeping thru the facility. That’s good news that the XD60 option delivery is about to commence.  

I believe he's a bus operator. If he had to drop a bus off there for vendor work, he's allowed to look at stuff.

Edited by Cait Sith

Today I was trained on 6119 for equipment qualification since I never operated the xd60’s. I Like the reverse future on them when backing up the brakes automatically locks in if you exceed over 3 mph

The Supt instructor said the sbs46 will be active with the xd60 very very soon. Right now they’re in the process modifying the route just to use the XD60

Edited by Flatbush SBS Duece

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Nova buses are delivered in NJ somewhere and IIRC MTA drivers do take them from the service center to the depots.

Oh okay. I remember seeing videos of someone taking of when we got our C40lf in Illinois. They were driving them from there I assume. So I wondered if the MTA just sent their workers out there to drive buses back to NYC or do the manufactures do that in vise verse? 

25 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Oh okay. I remember seeing videos of someone taking of when we got our C40lf in Illinois. They were driving them from there I assume. So I wondered if the MTA just sent their workers out there to drive buses back to NYC or do the manufactures do that in vise verse? 

MTA drivers don't drive them from the factory to the service center, somebody else does that, TA drivers only drive them from the service center to the depots.

5 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I don't know if you're at liberty to answer this @East New York, but has the 251 Novabus LFS order been delayed in any way by the implementation of the new fare payment pilot in Staten Island? 

Just a question I had now that the MTA officially announced it.

I have a headache...... There’s too much going on. MTA is not happy with Nova’s new delivery schedule, and now we have issues there. Apparently something happened with the audit inspection, but I have been so busy trying to keep up with everything from railroads to subways that I’m a bit overwhelmed. 

Idk what happened.... this literally just got me out of left field, but MTA wants changes made and don’t like the new delivery timeline. 

Note: Scratch the LFS delivery schedule. I’m awaiting updates now. Stand by. 

3 hours ago, East New York said:

I have a headache...... There’s too much going on. MTA is not happy with Nova’s new delivery schedule, and now we have issues there. Apparently something happened with the audit inspection, but I have been so busy trying to keep up with everything from railroads to subways that I’m a bit overwhelmed. 

Idk what happened.... this literally just got me out of left field, but MTA wants changes made and don’t like the new delivery timeline. 

Note: Scratch the LFS delivery schedule. I’m awaiting updates now. Stand by. 

It’s better they caught the issue in production than in the streets... Nova will probably issue extra buses for this tho 

3 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

5570 and 5576 have entered service out of Quill on the M79 & M86 SBS.

That answers the question as to whether they'd be local or SBS units.

Pretty sure these will boot the XD60s out of Quill, and probably down to Brooklyn.

EN has not finished modifications to house artic buses, which the B82 SBS will use. This means that some of the XD60s would be staying at Quill for the while being. However, with the XD60 option order, the XE60, and other orders happening, there's going to be loads of moves happening in 2019. Right now that LFSAs are being delivered for SBS duty, and the XD60 order for MTA Bus and NYC will commence. This will allow for the MTA Bus leased XD60s to move back to NYCT and buses 6030-6092 (even) and 6094 from Stengel will move to Tuskegee (100th Street) depot. After the LFSAs finish delivery, buses 6096-6108 would also move to OH depot. Buses 6110-6124 (even) would move to Quill, giving the depot 17 XD60s, which will move to EN for the B82 SBS. More specifically:

6030-6092 (even) (32) MTA Bus --> Tuskegee (100th Street)

6031 (1) Quill --> Tuskegee (100th Street)

6094 (1) Casey Stengel --> Tuskegee (100th Street)

6083-6093 (odd), 6095-6108 (20) Quill -->  Tuskegee (100th Street)

6110-6124 (even) (8) MTA Bus --> Quill SBS --> EN for B82 SBS (after Summer 2020)

6115, 6121 (odd) (2) Quill Local --> Quill SBS --> EN for B82 SBS (after Summer 2020)

Fleet Roster for XD60s:

5987-6029 (43) Casey Stengel for Q44 SBS

6030-6108 (79) Tuskegee (100th Street) for M15, M101. M102, M103

6109-6125 (17) Quill for Crosstown SBS

For Quill, the artic fleet for SBS after 2020 would be as follows:

2011-13 NovaBus LFSA (40)

2017-18 NovaBus LFSA (77)

2018-19 NovaNus LFSA (36)

2019-20 New Flyer XE60 (15)

Total: 168 Artics; 113 for SBS, 55 for Local.

That's what I see happening to the Quill fleet with all of these deliveries happening. 

7 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

EN has not finished modifications to house artic buses, which the B82 SBS will use. This means that some of the XD60s would be staying at Quill for the while being. However, with the XD60 option order, the XE60, and other orders happening, there's going to be loads of moves happening in 2019. Right now that LFSAs are being delivered for SBS duty, and the XD60 order for MTA Bus and NYC will commence. This will allow for the MTA Bus leased XD60s to move back to NYCT and buses 6030-6092 (even) and 6094 from Stengel will move to Tuskegee (100th Street) depot. After the LFSAs finish delivery, buses 6096-6108 would also move to OH depot. Buses 6110-6124 (even) would move to Quill, giving the depot 17 XD60s, which will move to EN for the B82 SBS. More specifically:

6030-6092 (even) (32) MTA Bus --> Tuskegee (100th Street)

6031 (1) Quill --> Tuskegee (100th Street)

6094 (1) Casey Stengel --> Tuskegee (100th Street)

6083-6093 (odd), 6095-6108 (20) Quill -->  Tuskegee (100th Street)

6110-6124 (even) (8) MTA Bus --> Quill SBS --> EN for B82 SBS (after Summer 2020)

6115, 6121 (odd) (2) Quill Local --> Quill SBS --> EN for B82 SBS (after Summer 2020)

Fleet Roster for XD60s:

5987-6029 (43) Casey Stengel for Q44 SBS

6030-6108 (79) Tuskegee (100th Street) for M15, M101. M102, M103

6109-6125 (17) Quill for Crosstown SBS

For Quill, the artic fleet for SBS after 2020 would be as follows:

2011-13 NovaBus LFSA (40)

2017-18 NovaBus LFSA (77)

2018-19 NovaNus LFSA (36)

2019-20 New Flyer XE60 (15)

Total: 168 Artics; 113 for SBS, 55 for Local.

That's what I see happening to the Quill fleet with all of these deliveries happening. 

I'd like to ask this one question....

When did I ever mention ENY!?

You do know that they could go to Flatbush too....right? Four are there at this moment...and they kicked out four LFSAs from Flatbush and sent them to Manhattan.

Do you see what I'm trying to get at here.....lol

And that's a rather bold post, seeing as you say this as all of that stuff will remain as you reported...you do understand that things can change in an instant, right? Much like the new XD60 order that reduced Flatbush's amount.....

Edited by Cait Sith

Just now, Cait Sith said:

I'd like to ask this one question....

When did I ever mention ENY!?

You do know that they could go to Flatbush too....right?

I know you didn't mention ENY specifically, but you did mention Brooklyn when you said that the XD60s would be booted out of Quill. This led me to think about the EN modifications (a Brooklyn Division Depot) and B82 SBS conversion and the assignments of the 2016-17 XD60s in the May 2018 update of the Fleet & Depots thread.

FB can get these buses as well, but truth to be told, I honestly don't see them getting those last 17 buses, as the B46 SBS is planned for a partial conversion once FB gets their own order of 57 XD60s. Other than that, ridership patterns on the B46 SBS doesn't really dictate that the route receive more than 20 artic buses, at least from what I see. Yeah some of the morning and evening rush trips are crowded as I rely on the route to go to/from college, but other times, such as after 11:00 AM and on most times on weekends, the buses are usually empty. Maybe its just me, since I take the bus at 6:45 in the morning or 9:00 PM, but prove me wrong.

12 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I know you didn't mention ENY specifically, but you did mention Brooklyn when you said that the XD60s would be booted out of Quill. This led me to think about the EN modifications (a Brooklyn Division Depot) and B82 SBS conversion and the assignments of the 2016-17 XD60s in the May 2018 update of the Fleet & Depots thread.

FB can get these buses as well, but truth to be told, I honestly don't see them getting those last 17 buses, as the B46 SBS is planned for a partial conversion once FB gets their own order of 57 XD60s. Other than that, ridership patterns on the B46 SBS doesn't really dictate that the route receive more than 20 artic buses, at least from what I see. Yeah some of the morning and evening rush trips are crowded as I rely on the route to go to/from college, but other times, such as after 11:00 AM and on most times on weekends, the buses are usually empty. Maybe its just me, since I take the bus at 6:45 in the morning or 9:00 PM, but prove me wrong.

You missed the part where I said that FB's order is getting reduced. Kinda added that in late in my post.

Word now is that they're no longer getting the full allotment of 57 buses, that number has been reduced to 34, Quill is supposedly getting 24 and Hale getting 48. The entire XD60 order allotment has potentially been changed.

With Quill getting 36 Nova LFSAs, that could potentially send more of those buses down to Flatbush, sending more LFSAs to Manhattan and elsewhere to retire the D60s.

Edited by Cait Sith