MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

That I know but being how everything is changing and we don’t know what’s going on I wouldn’t be surprised if they did give bus company part of the 108 order to send back the buses they have to mta. 

Before anyone chews my head off. 

Sir. This is above all of our pay grades. The best thing to do is WAIT and read instructions from the moderators. Speculations will not do anything and will cause more confusion. 

Just know one thing for the XD60 order  

NYCT (MTA) 108 

(MTA) bus 53. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/26/2019 at 10:26 PM, Melbx15 said:

Why is the MTA sending XD60’s to Casey Stengel instead of just unwrapping them and then send them to Tuskegee Airmen where they eventually gonna go ijs 🤷🏽‍♂️

Mileage purposes it makes sense... and being that it’s looks as if all outer Boroughs outside of the Bronx will be strictly XD60s moving forward as far as Artics are concerned 

Tuskegee could end up with the 1200s from MCH when MCH’s XD60s come in... keep that in mind those 1200s will be coming off M15SBS and into Local Pool 

9 hours ago, East New York said:

What buses are you talking about specially? The ones I have been on have had operable screens. 

And please note for future reference, Fleet discussion belongs in this thread. The one you commented in is for moves and transfers only.

Sorry i'm new to this forum, all the buses at jamaica depot the new xd40's and the Lfs that were retrofitted with them.

28 minutes ago, JFK Depot said:

Mileage purposes it makes sense... and being that it’s looks as if all outer Boroughs outside of the Bronx will be strictly XD60s moving forward as far as Artics are concerned 

Tuskegee could end up with the 1200s from MCH when MCH’s XD60s come in... keep that in mind those 1200s will be coming off M15SBS and into Local Pool 

Also remember there is a possibility that the (MTA) loaned buses could slowly make their way back to Manhattan- TU/100th. I don’t know too much with the effect of having the 1200’s at TU/100th. So far TU/100th has taken in some Flatbush LFSA’s and there’s a possibility that they can take in more along with a Bronx Division depot (West Farms or Kingsbridge). 

33 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Also remember there is a possibility that the (MTA) loaned buses could slowly make their way back to Manhattan- TU/100th. I don’t know too much with the effect of having the 1200’s at TU/100th. So far TU/100th has taken in some Flatbush LFSA’s and there’s a possibility that they can take in more along with a Bronx Division depot (West Farms or Kingsbridge). 

That’s why I asked what earlier. Bus co buses aren’t supposed to be coming until late this year so how would them giving back their loaned buses even out? So that made me wonder if the mta was thinking of giving them a piece of the 108 order until their buses come in. When ENY said that he was informed the loan buses were going back to TU unwrapped I thought okay maybe that’s why FB buses were cut down from 57 to 36. 

But we don’t know at this point. 

Whoa, the XDE40s are at Jamaica!?!?! (Check the moves and transfers thread) Since it seems like they are doing a tour of the system pleassseee let them make a stop at UP.... Glad 0016 finally got transferred to Quill, for the sake of diversity I hope Proterra wins the EB order, that and the Proterra is more fun to ride than the XE40 IMO. 

9 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Still nothing on those 251 LFS?

As of right now they are delayed a bit because of a failed audit inspection. MYA is not pleased with the recovery delivery schedule Nova has provided, so I’m not sure how this will affect things. As of now there are about 30 buses built. I hear they are trying to work things out and delivery will convene momentarily. 

8 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

Is it possible that the mta is going to give this new 108 order to bus company? 

8 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

That I know but being how everything is changing and we don’t know what’s going on I wouldn’t be surprised if they did give bus company part of the 108 order to send back the buses they have to mta. 

Before anyone chews my head off. 

No that’s not how things work. NYCT and MTAB are 2 separate legal entities. This means that only buses that are owned by TA can be loaned to BC. The extended loans are under lease agreement and have terms. 

Mall bus orders are either separate or grouped together for funding purposes, but MTA cannot just give buses from one devision to the other unless they are old buses that can be transferred anywhere. 

As mentioned, MTAB has their own order in production now. The pilot is just about complete and once buses begin to arrive, the loaned TA buses will then begin to go back. 

5 hours ago, garyQ3 said:

Sorry i'm new to this forum, all the buses at jamaica depot the new xd40's and the Lfs that were retrofitted with them.

Not a problem at all. It looks like the Depot Location System for JA is it was down. Each Depot has a computer system that powers the info screens on their buses, and shows the location of all the buses within the depots assignment. If it’s down, none of the screens will work properly as they don’t have GPS or WiFi updates. 

6 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Sir. This is above all of our pay grades. The best thing to do is WAIT and read instructions from the moderators. Speculations will not do anything and will cause more confusion. 

Just know one thing for the XD60 order  

NYCT (MTA) 108 

(MTA) bus 53. 

That’s right at my pay grade lol. But it didn’t have to be for most t know this one. It’s not possible unless the buses are leased to MTAB and that for one doesn’t make any sense when they have buses on the way, and already have some on lease. The schedule is still the same, and the order is as you mentioned. 

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Whoa, the XDE40s are at Jamaica!?!?! (Check the moves and transfers thread) Since it seems like they are doing a tour of the system pleassseee let them make a stop at UP.... Glad 0016 finally got transferred to Quill, for the sake of diversity I hope Proterra wins the EB order, that and the Proterra is more fun to ride than the XE40 IMO. 

Yep! Most of you all may not remember, but I did mention the future fleet changes for the hybrids and electrics. 

The electric swap between GA and MQ was supposed to occur long ago. However, because the Proterra lot failed the Decel Testing, things changed up a bit. Proterra now has about 6 months to get it corrected or the entire award will go to New Flyer. Allegedly there is a “0021” that is addressing said issues. Everything else with the buses has successfully passed BTE, so as soon as they get past the Decel part, they will be Qualified. 

As far as the hybrids, I already mentioned all the depots they are going to, as I was able to confirm the preliminary assignments about a month ago. 

As they are all “Special Pilot” buses we are liable to see them at any depot other than the ones in Staten Island. This includes West Farms which has the largest bus requirements of any depot in the city. West Farms is not currently in these delivery plans, but we know how this go. Ulmer Park is however and this will be the first hybrids for them. 

Remember to keep up with the first page of this thread. I’m going to make some updates today as well so look out for those. 

Edited by East New York

5 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

That’s possible... but I get the feeling with all the order changing going on... they might let LGA keep those and take back the small bunch at JFK... and when MTAB order comes in just send that to 100st 

1 hour ago, JFK Depot said:

That’s possible... but I get the feeling with all the order changing going on... they might let LGA keep those and take back the small bunch at JFK... and when MTAB order comes in just send that to 100st 

I explained this in my last post. There is no order changing going on. The loaned buses will start going back as new ones come in. No one is keeping anything. They all belong to TA/OA. When they get ready to go back they will go to Manhattan and or anywhere else they may be needed. They could end up in Brooklyn. 

It’s already been said that some, of not all of them couple be unwrapped as some are for 100 St anyway. 

Please ladies an gentlemen, don’t skim through the comments. Read them all and let’s not get too far off topic or into speculation. Let’s stick as much to the facts or what we know them to be at the time of posting, and base our comments off that. Anything else should be reserved for the random thoughts thread. 

38 minutes ago, East New York said:

I explained this in my last post. There is no order changing going on. The loaned buses will start going back as new ones come in. No one is keeping anything. They all belong to TA/OA. When they get ready to go back they will go to Manhattan and or anywhere else they may be needed. They could end up in Brooklyn. 

It’s already been said that some, of not all of them couple be unwrapped as some are for 100 St anyway. 

Please ladies an gentlemen, don’t skim through the comments. Read them all and let’s not get too far off topic or into speculation. Let’s stick as much to the facts or what we know them to be at the time of posting, and base our comments off that. Anything else should be reserved for the random thoughts thread. 

My apologies I just actually went back and saw what you said... ENY is ready for Artics ? From what I’m understanding whats loaned out was for ENY and 100st...  or am I wrong ?

5 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

9501, 9508 and 9509 at Jamaica.

0016 at MJQ.

Looks like the 9500's will be loaned out to various testing. Please note these are not permanent moves and these buses will go back to WSIDE. Now it looks like the same thing is going on with 0016-0020. These are still permanently assigned to GRAND and will stay that way until the lease is over.

25 minutes ago, TransitMan0251 said:

Looks like the 9500's will be loaned out to various testing. Please note these are not permanent moves and these buses will go back to WSIDE. Now it looks like the same thing is going on with 0016-0020. These are still permanently assigned to GRAND and will stay that way until the lease is over.

And how exactly do you know they will return to Quill? They could possibly go back to Grand Avenue too.

Also, as for 0016-0020, they were supposed to swap the electric buses halfway through their lease.

Edited by Cait Sith

14 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Mother Clara Hale has 6095, 6096 for upcoming XD-60 order  that's coming soon on the M15-SBS

Must be for driver training as well, especially since both Hale and FB never an XD60 before, so they need some units to teach the drivers how to operate them, as well as the maintenance workers on how to maintain the buses.

5 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Must be for driver training as well, especially since both Hale and FB never an XD60 before, so they need some units to teach the drivers how to operate them, as well as the maintenance workers on how to maintain the buses.

FB drivers dont need training on the XD60s, they're practically the same as the XD40s.

3 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

FB drivers dont need training on the XD60s, they're practically the same as the XD40s.

Not so much... They will need training on those buses... cosmetically yes but operationally no.. How I know this info I can reference a friend of mine who works in FB... 

2 hours ago, JFK Depot said:

Not so much... They will need training on those buses... cosmetically yes but operationally no.. How I know this info I can reference a friend of mine who works in FB... 

FB already has the XD40 which operates similar functions as the XD60. However, do drivers technically need the training (YES). Also,  maintenance definitely needs the training more b/c within the next 12-18 mos (estimate) XD60’s will be coming into FB and they are going to need to know the ins and outs of the bus in house. I believe extensive work will be done at Grand Avenue CMF. 

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

FB already has the XD40 which operates similar functions as the XD60. However, do drivers technically need the training (YES). Also,  maintenance definitely needs the training more b/c within the next 12-18 mos (estimate) XD60’s will be coming into FB and they are going to need to know the ins and outs of the bus in house. I believe extensive work will be done at Grand Avenue CMF. 

Yup... I recently was trained on it as its required by transit whenever theres a new equipment coming into a depot.

Edited by Flatbush SBS Duece

Just now, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Yup... I recently was trained on it as its required by transit whenever theres a new equipment coming on to a depot.

That’s a copy. How’s the handling of the bus? Haven’t seen the 4 buses in service as of late. The last I saw was 6119 working the 44 about 2 weeks ago. 

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

That’s a copy. How’s the handling of the bus? Haven’t seen the 4 buses in service as of late. The last I saw was 6119 working the 44 about 2 weeks ago. 

6117 was behind me this morning pulling in the depot approximately at 0950hrs. Last stop was Avenue U.

22 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

It actually doesn’t matter what bus it is. TA requires that employees be trained on every bus type and model no matter what type it is. 

Quill operators for example have to be qualified on 7 bus types. GA operators for instance had to train on early 7000’s, late 7000’s and 9500’s. Same with the Orion VII E10’s. Very operator I’m the city was trained on the Orion VII, but still had to train and qualify on the 7000’s

As of late MTA has gotten real strict with things. For example, and employee I know transferred from GH to GA durning M train ops. He was qualified on the 4700’s, but not the 6000’s. Dispatch went to give him a bus and said WAIT! You aren’t qualified for that. My friend said it’s the same damn bus. 

Thats not how TA looks at it. And to a greater extent, every transit agency in America with artics has to train their operators on both a 60 and 40 even if they are the same type. They do not maneuver the same. 

Mechanics don’t have to be retrained in this fashion when it comes to these things. They just need to be refreshed or notified of a part or spec change. 

Edited by East New York