MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly the MTA still has the chance to change their minds and upgrade the 2015 LFS/XD40 for their 4 year overhaul into the blue and yellow scheme and add USB ports...

That'll shut up the entire cities politics about not having new WiFi buses since those buses are EVERYWHERE. And they're quite young too might as well. 

2 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

4676 is back at Jamaica...with logos and all. It is currently on the Q17...Flushing bound.

Also, 8053-8056 and 8058-8059 are at Jamaica.

So. Let me get this straight. JA sends NG to QV. QV sends NG back to sender. (Somethings up with the Department of Buses) QV could use more NG’s in the meantime since they are giving up some LFS to Jamaica. So sending back 4676 to JA doesn’t make sense. This is above my pay grade so I won’t even question it. 

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

So. Let me get this straight. JA sends NG to QV. QV sends NG back to sender. (Somethings up with the Department of Buses) QV could use more NG’s in the meantime since they are giving up some LFS to Jamaica. So sending back 4676 to JA doesn’t make sense. This is above my pay grade so I won’t even question it. 

Maybe it was a quick turn around and now they're probably gonna hold onto some 2004 Orion VIIs to quickly retire the RTS. Sheesh the 63xx-64xx can last another year if needed. 

52 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Maybe it was a quick turn around and now they're probably gonna hold onto some 2004 Orion VIIs to quickly retire the RTS. Sheesh the 63xx-64xx can last another year if needed. 

I don’t know about all of that. Queens Village is supposed to get a decent amount of LFS to retire some of the 64xx buses. Although those buses are the workhouses of Queens and Manhattan. It’s time for those buses to retire. The TA doesn’t want another exposé from the Daily News in regards to these buses and finding to do another rush job. 

If there’s anything to learn is that don’t have buses running more than 12+ years or 500K Miles and have a tabloid try to ruin plans for expansion. If congestion pricing can bring a load of $$$ to the TA we could possibly see new buses every couple of years while replacing existing fleet and or adding to the current fleet of XD40/60’s XDE40’s and maybe XDE60’s plus the electric ️ fleet. 

58 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I don’t know about all of that. Queens Village is supposed to get a decent amount of LFS to retire some of the 64xx buses. Although those buses are the workhouses of Queens and Manhattan. It’s time for those buses to retire. The TA doesn’t want another exposé from the Daily News in regards to these buses and finding to do another rush job. 

If there’s anything to learn is that don’t have buses running more than 12+ years or 500K Miles and have a tabloid try to ruin plans for expansion. If congestion pricing can bring a load of $$$ to the TA we could possibly see new buses every couple of years while replacing existing fleet and or adding to the current fleet of XD40/60’s XDE40’s and maybe XDE60’s plus the electric ️ fleet. 

There's nothing to expose about the green sign hybrids, their hybrids so most outsiders think they are good for the environment. 

19 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

At least we know that. Maybe the average person outside of what we do may not. 

However, copy that. 

These buses state that they are "Clean Air Hybrid Electric Buses" ether on or below the battery. Unless you are someone that dosen't pay attention (and yeah it does happen) ot ads are in place it's pretty hard to miss.

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

7578 has a front ad 

56158094_585262745309483_555759945810077

I was talking with my art teacher this morning(whilst I was making cuomo livery bus in pics). She isn't a transit fan and she was asking me if these Xcelsiors don't receive front ads, I said "no". Now I have to show her this and thanks for being the lucky catch for this rare bus ad post. I hate the ad on the front of this Xcelsior's face.

22 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Pretty interesting update on the XD40 order, they're getting 30 more buses, the last bus is now 7905.

16 minutes ago, East New York said:

On the details now, with updates coming to the first page. 

So I wasn't making things up when I saw 7905 on the TTMG roster.

8 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

According to the TTMG Roster 1021-1109 have an L9N Engine while 1016-1020 have an ISL G NZ. Can anyone confirm if the L9N is the actual Engine on those units, or if its a mistake.

It's probably right as you can tell the engine difference between 1016-1020 and the others by looking at the roof exhaust.