Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

53B84F71-E701-40CE-865B-F82330F65FDB.jpeg

D8644343-1A27-4BFF-9625-A327FB71B452.jpeg

Message added by East New York

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lex said:

With any luck, Flatbush will receive some for the B41, while the rest go to GA for the B38 and Q58.

Of course, I'm pretty sure that won't happen without substantial talks of conversion, but the MTA has a tendency to throw curveballs.

There are 90 2012-13 XD60s (4710-4799) in the entire fleet. Are we expecting all 90 of them to be transferred over from their current assignments at Gun Hill and Kingsbridge to various depots in Brooklyn, and that's assuming there will be enough for everyone?

Edited by JeremiahC99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

There are 90 2012-13 XD60s (4710-4799) in the entire fleet. Are we expecting all 90 of them to be transferred over from their current assignments at Gun Hill and Kingsbridge to various depots in Brooklyn, and that's assuming there will be enough for everyone?

You do realize that only three Brooklyn Division depots are currently capable of handling artics, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lex said:

You do realize that only three Brooklyn Division depots are currently capable of handling artics, right?

Flatbush, Grand Avenue, and Gleason can handle artics. However, East NY will also be able to handle artics. Gleason's artic batch is taken care of, so this leave FLatbush and Grand for now. Do you think that Flatbush and Grand Avenue will be the only ones considered for the 47xxs, while EN will have to wait longer beyond when the modifications are complete, since they will need artics for the B82 SBS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lex said:

You do realize that only three Brooklyn Division depots are currently capable of handling artics, right?

Isn’t ENY almost Artic ready as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well for one the depots that do have the 2011-2013 XD60s would need to get the LFSAs in return to make up for the buses if they were all transferred to BK. Right now we have 90 lfsa in other depots such as Quill, FB, and Mother Clara. So I would believe once this new XD60 order is near completion the XD60s from the Bronx should be in bk all together if not all of them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Flatbush, Grand Avenue, and Gleason can handle artics. However, East NY will also be able to handle artics. Gleason's artic batch is taken care of, so this leave FLatbush and Grand for now. Do you think that Flatbush and Grand Avenue will be the only ones considered for the 47xxs, while EN will have to wait longer beyond when the modifications are complete, since they will need artics for the B82 SBS?

 

29 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Well for one the depots that do have the 2011-2013 XD60s would need to get the LFSAs in return to make up for the buses if they were all transferred to BK. Right now we have 90 lfsa in other depots such as Quill, FB, and Mother Clara. So I would believe once this new XD60 order is near completion the XD60s from the Bronx should be in bk all together if not all of them. 

 

I don’t mean to play devils advocate. BUT and i mean this in a serious way. IT IS WAY TOO EARLY to decide which Bronx XD60’s will be in Flatbush, Grand Avenue and East New York. 

Unless i’m correct the 41, 46 and 82 have NOT been officially converted into artic ops as of yet. So, I say this in a nice way. THIS IS A WAIT AND SEE PROCESS. Also, I strongly suggest that you ask @East New York or @The Real or even @Cait Sith any rumblings about the most recent news. Fleet changes EVERYDAY. Who knows tomorrow the (MTA) may decide that LFSAs may stay in Brooklyn just a bit longer. (Just throwing this as example when we are too quick not to ask the right questions)  However, we know about the LFSA fiasco. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BDNQ2345 said:

I heard there's a XE60 in Brooklyn 

The XE60 hasn't even been delivered yet, unless you mean an XD60...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BDNQ2345 said:

I heard there's a XE60 in Brooklyn 

 

17 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

The XE60 hasn't even been delivered yet, unless you mean an XD60...

A demo bus was spotted in Brooklyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

 

A demo bus was spotted in Brooklyn.

Yup it was a XE60 New Flyer Demo.. It was parked in the employee parking lot.. I got a few pics before it was parked there..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if FLA rather than Quill ends up getting those XE60s considering that article about certain BK neighborhoods having "dirty" buses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

oi4xeh.png

 

 I posted that in the transfer section too. I almost died on this bed, seeing this on discord first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if FLA rather than Quill ends up getting those XE60s considering that article about certain BK neighborhoods having "dirty" buses.

Low key Quill been getting everything as of late. I agree with you if FLA does get some rolling stock of these buses first than Quill.  I believe the trial period calls for 15 buses. But again we wait and see. I also believe that the XE60 is supposed to be traveling citywide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Low key Quill been getting everything as of late. I agree with you if FLA does get some rolling stock of these buses first than Quill.  I believe the trial period calls for 15 buses. But again we wait and see. I also believe that the XE60 is supposed to be traveling citywide. 

2 buses are traveling citywide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

There are 90 2012-13 XD60s (4710-4799) in the entire fleet. Are we expecting all 90 of them to be transferred over from their current assignments at Gun Hill and Kingsbridge to various depots in Brooklyn, and that's assuming there will be enough for everyone?

Who said?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

Who said?

One unit is already at Grand Avenue (4754), and the 47xx buses were always planned to go to Brooklyn. Anything can happen at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, R179 8258 said:

Isn’t ENY almost Artic ready as well 

Not until next year.

6 hours ago, Lex said:

You do realize that only three Brooklyn Division depots are currently capable of handling artics, right?

Correct. EN will eventually come into the fold as well with the B15 and B82+. The 4700’s have been slated for Brooklyn for quite some time now. This again is in accordance to fleet uniformity. There’s no reason Grand should gets LFSA’s since we are supposed to be sticking to the current plan.

6 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Flatbush, Grand Avenue, and Gleason can handle artics. However, East NY will also be able to handle artics. Gleason's artic batch is taken care of, so this leave FLatbush and Grand for now. Do you think that Flatbush and Grand Avenue will be the only ones considered for the 47xxs, while EN will have to wait longer beyond when the modifications are complete, since they will need artics for the B82 SBS?

Why do they have to wait? ENY already has an allotment that’s been planned for quite sometime. EN was the first planned depot ever for the 4700’s in Brooklyn after leaving the Bronx.

41 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if FLA rather than Quill ends up getting those XE60s considering that article about certain BK neighborhoods having "dirty" buses.

Thats not going to happen unless the contract is modified. The infrastructure is at Quill and we aren’t getting any addition in-route chargers until the leased ones are returned. At that point they could theoretically go anywhere as long as MTA orders some for another location. 

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Low key Quill been getting everything as of late. I agree with you if FLA does get some rolling stock of these buses first than Quill.  I believe the trial period calls for 15 buses. But again we wait and see. I also believe that the XE60 is supposed to be traveling citywide. 

Trial period? Not sure what you are talking about. These are production buses that are going to Quill. 1 or 2 of them will travel throughout all 5 boroughs completing cycle and route testing. Every depot with an artic or pending artic ops will get a visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

6234 delivered to JFK facility in local wraps 

 

(Don't say anything yet it may be given the SBS scheme later on)

It may and likely will remain in local scheme. Not all of these are for SBS.

 

3 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Is 7690 delivered or still at New Flyer? Just wondering. 

Still at NFI

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny part is when I was saying the 4700s to Bklyn a while ago every was shooting that idea down... now look lol 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JFK Depot said:

Funny part is when I was saying the 4700s to Bklyn a while ago every was shooting that idea down... now look lol 

Same here. I said the XD60s Quill has will go to FB and people were like “that doesn’t make any sense!” And now look.  

I feel like one thing is said here, one person recites it, someone bash what was said, and eventually what was said ends up happening.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.