MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

YouTube comments and YouTube videos are just as reliable as Wikipedia; anyone can say anything to throw people off.

I have made an XE60 news video that recommended his. I never put the change of fleet numbers in my video. This is the topic of ..."To be determined".

Edited by King Transit

From the MTA Board meeting, transit/bus committee (page 53):

Finally Earth Day is on April 22nd. We are committed to environmental sustainability, whether it is a bus route that allows more people to leave their cars at home and take public transportation or state-of-the-art facilities and new buses that minimize our energy footprint. As part of Fast Forward, we are committed to transitioning to a zero-emissions fleet. We currently have 10 all-electric buses in service, with another 15 planned for delivery by the end of the year, and 45 more funded in the current Capital Program. All of this will set the stage for the purchase of up to 500 all-electric buses in the next five years as called for in Fast Forward. We know that making this transition will be extremely challenging, but we are proud to be doing the right thing for our community and our planet.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Question: When SI receives there new LFS buses (not anytime soon at this rate), will some NG's stay on SI after all of the LFS's have been delivered? There are 82 NG's at Yukon, while the LFS delivery calls for 77 new buses, meaning that Yukon would have 5 fewer buses if all of the NG's were to go.

35 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Question: When SI receives there new LFS buses (not anytime soon at this rate), will some NG's stay on SI after all of the LFS's have been delivered? There are 82 NG's at Yukon, while the LFS delivery calls for 77 new buses, meaning that Yukon would have 5 fewer buses if all of the NG's were to go.

None of the NGs are staying as the incoming LFS’ will be a bus-for-bus replacement. TA wants all the hybrids off the island. YU should be fine with five less buses since the summer pick is only just over two months away.

46 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

If anything queens village, kingsbridge, or gun hill can probably dump a few LFS over at yukon to lessen any shortage

50 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

From what's mentioned above, they'll swap the LFS with the NGs by single digits

2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

I was thinking the same thing about kingsbridge & gun hill. KB has 90 NGs and GH has 65 The LFS ordered calls for kingsbridge to get 60 buses while gun hill gets 50 so I’m guessing not all the NGs are coming out the Bronx 

11 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

I was thinking the same thing about kingsbridge & gun hill. KB has 90 NGs and GH has 65 The LFS ordered calls for kingsbridge to get 60 buses while gun hill gets 50 so I’m guessing not all the NGs are coming out the Bronx 

The Bronx can handle NGs better since the routes are mostly stop-and-go that don't have long suburban stretches that allow buses to travel constantly at high speeds. SI, however, has a lot of routes that run at high speeds for a section of the route, which diesel buses are more suited for, causing the NGs on SI to have higher breakdown rates than the rest of the city. Also, the NGs go very slow over bridges like the Verazzano and the Bayonne. That's one of the reasons why you don't see NGs on the S89 as often. The S79 SBS only uses NGs because that's what buses they have that are SBS wrapped.

18 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

For GH and KB, I have a gut feeling that the remaining NGs not displaced by the LFS will be displaced by the next hybrids that are due in the future, since they are potentially in line for the next hybrid order.

27 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

For GH and KB, I have a gut feeling that the remaining NGs not displaced by the LFS will be displaced by the next hybrids that are due in the future, since they are potentially in line for the next hybrid order.

I'm assuming since the NGs from the bronx are going to Brooklyn then the SI NGs might go to Manhattan

Good afternoon fellas! After a long hard decision, I have decided to retire from NYCTF for multiple reasons. I’ve been extremely busy lately, and have a business to tend to. I will try to comment here and there and help out with information when and if I can. It’s been a great 11 years, and I want to thank everyone who helped and contributed to making this place what it is today. 

I did say long ago that I would retire when the RTS did. I guess that time has finally come! 

45 minutes ago, East New York said:

Good afternoon fellas! After a long hard decision, I have decided to retire from NYCTF for multiple reasons. I’ve been extremely busy lately, and have a business to tend to. I will try to comment here and there and help out with information when and if I can. It’s been a great 11 years, and I want to thank everyone who helped and contributed to making this place what it is today. 

I did say long ago that I would retire when the RTS did. I guess that time has finally come! 

Well, it's been good having you around. Thanks for your hard work working around the forums here.

1 hour ago, East New York said:

I hate to see you go fella, but you did what you did just to get here. Enjoy yourself and I’ll see you down the road. 

5 hours ago, East New York said:

Wish you nothing but the best of luck, and hopefully you succeed in your future endeavors.

thank you for always giving us joy and teaching us about the ins and outs of transit industry and valuable information we were all so privileged to receive from you, I will miss all the great posts ,always enjoying and learning from everything you shared ,best of luck ,East New York. God bless    

8 hours ago, East New York said:

Thanks a lot for your contributions, and valuable information for the past decade or so.

You had a good time here on the forums. Goodbye for now.

23 hours ago, East New York said:

Wishing you and your business nothing but the best...Thanks for everything

On 4/17/2019 at 11:47 AM, East New York said:

thanks for all the insight and info over  the the years . i hope you enjoy your retirement.  will someone else take over posting  this info.

I want to thank all of you for the overwhelming support from here and throughout social media. In light of that, and by popular demand I have decided to come out of my ever so brief retirement. I didn’t realize how many people actually still wanted me around.

That being said, I have a MAJOR post coming soon that’s going to knock all your socks off!!!!! 

Stay Tuned! East New York is about to light it like I once did! Y’all are NOT gonna be ready for this one!!! 😁🔥

Wonderful news East New York!!!  Always look forward to your posts.  Hopefully you're gonna "Light it Up" and tell us Millenium is going produce a new version RTS and New Flyer going to produce the D40LF and D60LF or HF's powered by Detroits or Cummins clean diesels. LFS, LFSA's, and Excelsiors gotta go!!  Wishful Thinking I know. Glad you're back!!!

3 hours ago, East New York said:

I want to thank all of you for the overwhelming support from here and throughout social media. In light of that, and by popular demand I have decided to come out of my ever so brief retirement. I didn’t realize how many people actually still wanted me around.

That being said, I have a MAJOR post coming soon that’s going to knock all your socks off!!!!! 

Stay Tuned! East New York is about to light it like I once did! Y’all are NOT gonna be ready for this one!!! 😁🔥

Thank you East New York!.... Without you we would be clueless with whats going on behind these buses transfers and etc..... BTW check your Inbox sent you a few pictures of  RTS buses spotted on Linden Blvd in Bklyn.