MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

amen to that Flatbush SBS Deuce ,East New York  is always giving all of us valuable info and always look forward to his next updates glad you decided to not leave here ,I know I don't post much ,but always have a great respect of your knowledge and thanks for all you do . 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, East New York said:

I want to thank all of you for the overwhelming support from here and throughout social media. In light of that, and by popular demand I have decided to come out of my ever so brief retirement. I didn’t realize how many people actually still wanted me around.

That being said, I have a MAJOR post coming soon that’s going to knock all your socks off!!!!! 

Stay Tuned! East New York is about to light it like I once did! Y’all are NOT gonna be ready for this one!!! 😁🔥

Tried to hit your inbox but says I can't leave messages for you, point is it's a blessing to have you here and hope you to have you around as long as possible boss.

49 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Hmmm so tell me if FP getting more new X equipment.... how will this work out for FP if they push out there 7200s to Ulmer and then you got them still pushing it buses at that I'm sure they would have to get something else out if this besides more new X equipment.... I'm pretty sure that they would be really short but idk how this will work out for that depo but hey it is what is lol. Anyone feel free to give ya comments on my Stupid statement ya can even correct me on it.

I’m going to take this convo here. 

Same thing when East New York gets equipment the others get passed down to other depots that need buses and right now Ulmer Park needs buses. So if Ulmer gets buses from East New York or Fresh Pond. Those depots will be able to make service. 

Doesnt matter if ENY or Fresh Pond gets rid of their current fleet to UP. All it matters is that the (MTA) wants all the RTS retired by 5/10/19. 

9 hours ago, East New York said:

I want to thank all of you for the overwhelming support from here and throughout social media. In light of that, and by popular demand I have decided to come out of my ever so brief retirement. I didn’t realize how many people actually still wanted me around.

That being said, I have a MAJOR post coming soon that’s going to knock all your socks off!!!!! 

Stay Tuned! East New York is about to light it like I once did! Y’all are NOT gonna be ready for this one!!! 😁🔥

Always a pleasure to have you here boss!

11 minutes ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

How come the Bronx gets new buses while Brooklyn gets their hand me downs?

With that said I’m not going to even answer this. However, why would you say Brooklyn getting hand me down buses. 

If you haven’t been paying attention to the deliveries as of late for Brooklyn. I don’t know what else to tell you. 

6 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

With that said I’m not going to even answer this. However, why would you say Brooklyn getting hand me down buses. 

If you haven’t been paying attention to the deliveries as of late for Brooklyn. I don’t know what else to tell you. 

The only depot that's getting hand me down buses is Manhattanville. Nothing new

Edited by MHV184
Added something else

49 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Flatbush also..... The only newer buses so far we are receiving as trade in are the LFSA for XD60. Local service buses hand me down are the NG's to push out the RTS's 

For the standards, after 7365, that was it.. They stop making new pages in a book. 

Those SBS routes ruined the balance at depots like FLA and GH (The artic routes at GH), at those depots the SBS routes get the newest buses with Wi Fi, USB chargers, etc, while the local routes are stuck with older buses.

If the TA still considers fleet age balance when making assignments then that explains why FLA ain't get any new buses for their local routes as the fleet age would be too young.

50 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Flatbush also..... The only newer buses so far we are receiving as trade in are the LFSA for XD60. Local service buses hand me down are the NG's to push out the RTS's 

23 minutes ago, Calvin said:

For the standards, after 7365, that was it.. They stop making new pages in a book. 

No wonder I have the belief that there is something against Flatbush. All the other depots have started to take all the good fleets from us. First when the new 76xx XD40 buses came in, they take 1/3rd of our 73xx XD40 buses from us when in reality, they could’ve just retired the RTS direct or moved the ones in best shape to another depot to replace deteriorating RTS buses there (like to EN and UP), then Quill cuts in to our XD60 order for the upcoming M14 SBS when they should’ve just waited for 61xx buses to come back from bus company and kept 6109-6125 for the service, and now we are not getting anymore new XD40s for the local routes which will result in the the SBS routes getting to enjoy new buses while the other local routes will be stuck with hand-me-down hybrids? And UP is also stealing the 2014-14 XD40s from everyone else in Brooklyn as we speak? Hello!!! There are routes people utilize called the B2, B31, B41, B44 Local, B46 Local, and B49, and they exist for people to use them. Those routes riders (as well as myself since I take the B41) pay taxes as well, and as taxpayers who use this system, deserve new buses as much as everyone else in this city. 

Just now, trainfan22 said:

Those SBS routes ruined the balance at depots like FLA and GH (The artic routes at GH), at those depots the SBS routes get the newest buses with Wi Fi, USB chargers, etc, while the local routes are stuck with older buses.

If the TA still considers fleet age balance when making assignments then that explains why FLA ain't get any new buses for their local routes as the fleet age would be too young.

I know, right? The people who take the Flatbush local routes pay the same taxes as everyone else in the whole city, so they deserve new buses as much as everyone else here.

9 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

No wonder I have the belief that there is something against Flatbush. All the other depots have started to take all the good fleets from us. First when the new 76xx XD40 buses came in, they take 1/3rd of our 73xx XD40 buses from us when in reality, they could’ve just retired the RTS direct or moved the ones in best shape to another depot to replace deteriorating RTS buses there (like to EN and UP), then Quill cuts in to our XD60 order for the upcoming M14 SBS when they should’ve just waited for 61xx buses to come back from bus company and kept 6109-6125 for the service, and now we are not getting anymore new XD40s for the local routes which will result in the the SBS routes getting to enjoy new buses while the other local routes will be stuck with hand-me-down hybrids? And UP is also stealing the 2014-14 XD40s from everyone else in Brooklyn as we speak? Hello!!! There are routes people utilize called the B2, B31, B41, B44 Local, B46 Local, and B49, and they exist for people to use them. Those routes riders (as well as myself since I take the B41) pay taxes as well, and as taxpayers who use this system, deserve new buses as much as everyone else in this city. 

7 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I know, right? The people who take the Flatbush local routes pay the same taxes as everyone else in the whole city, so they deserve new buses as much as everyone else here.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the operators  out of Flatbush depot feels the same way and believe management has something against the depot. Countless time SLD has mention that management is always after the operators of Flatbush depot for the high usages of personals being used at the lines. But of course that can be discuss at another topic.....

P.S. For the spring pick I ended up going to the SBS44 just so I can operate the new XD60s 

25 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the operators  out of Flatbush depot feels the same way and believe management has something against the depot. Countless time SLD has mention that management is always after the operators of Flatbush depot for the high usages of personals being used at the lines. But of course that can be discuss at another topic.....

P.S. For the spring pick I ended up going to the SBS44 just so I can operate the new XD60s 

how many runs  were cut from the 44+ ?

=

=

= and lck

Manhattanville has the longest drought out of all the NYCT depots in terms of getting new buses, I believe the last buses they got factory fresh was the OLD GEN hybrids... that was in the mid 2000s. I believe they got some of the Designline buses factory fresh but that was an experimental fleet which didn't work so those don't count...

I don't think FLA riders will have an issue with more hybrids appearing on there routes as long as the buses are clean and the HAVC works, cool in the summer and toasty in the winter. Plus they still look modern and say Hybrid on the roof so riders might think they are fairly new buses lol

8 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Manhattanville has the longest drought out of all the NYCT depots in terms of getting new buses, I believe the last buses they got factory fresh was the OLD GEN hybrids... that was in the mid 2000s. I believe they got some of the Designline buses factory fresh but that was an experimental fleet which didn't work so those don't count...

I don't think FLA riders will have an issue with more hybrids appearing on there routes as long as the buses are clean and the HAVC works, cool in the summer and toasty in the winter. Plus they still look modern and say Hybrid on the roof so riders might think they are fairly new buses lol

MV has gotten some of the NXGs as of late. But they’re not alone. There are depots like you said are not just getting HMDs but newbies as well

46 minutes ago, T J Trainman said:

FLA is getting brand new XD60s!!!! What else do you want??? Smh. 

I believe they’re also getting new xde40s next year but they hasn’t been confirmed yet. 

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

I’m just sitting here and reading about this and that. Any new buses since 7801 arrived at ENY?

ENY is supposed to get 54 new xd40s that’s including the 22 they got last year. So they have 30 buses now plus the 22 they got for the B82 sbs do their order is almost complete. 

7 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

As I said on top they most likely are going to get newer XDE40s next year or so and since the MTA wants all RTS retired they have to send the NGs to Brooklyn especially FB. They got 48 buses for the B46 sbs but 15 of those would go into local service in future when the B46 sbs goes artic part time. Keep in mind the 2017 XD60S aren’t where they’re supposed to be so what Quill has or is even getting isn’t theirs. On top of that as well the XE60S are going to Quill so that may push the newer XD60S somewhere else or not. So FB will most likely end up having a young fleet age within a year or two. 

7 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Some depots have a young fleet age and this may happen to FB eventually. 

8 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

NGs are still somewhat new. I remember when FB was completely RTS and they ended up going with the NGs. Just be patient because to me FB has one of the most clean buses in Brooklyn. 

7 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

What other do you expect  them to Get.... come on now as people said hundreds of time... FB Rtses are Retiring the process is for Brooklyn to get more Next Gens from Bronx and for that FB is one of them the more Next gens the more rtses can get pushed out from the depo leaving them to have less of a stortage.... and FB on the other hand dosent need any more XD40s as they are done in the orders the easiest way for them to push them to local scheme for there routes is for the B46 to use the XD60s that they have which should happen soon but just not right now... and not to mention again they are done in the XD60 list the easiest way to look at this is MJQ will have to push the rest of XD60s to FB for them to push the rest of the nova bus lfsas look at it that way .Besides the Mta ain't  letting FB touch any other fleet in the system so I'm sure you should know that by now.... So with that said your just gonna have to deal with them getting more next gens because it does make total sense.

Bro what are you talking about? Flatbush Local riders deserve new buses as much as everybody else in this city and the fact that this depot was passed up for new local buses is just totally unfair. Why do more affluent neighborhoods and Depots get new local buses while the less rich and affluent Flatbush Depot doesn’t? It’s total discrimination.

What bus lines do you live by and/or take on a daily basis, and what Depots are they dispatched out of? If they’re not from Flatbush, then it’s easy for you to tell FB folks to cool down. Until FB has a newer fleet of new scheme XD40s and XDE40s for local service, the I will still believe that there is something against FB.

15 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

NGs are still somewhat new. I remember when FB was completely RTS and they ended up going with the NGs. Just be patient because to me FB has one of the most clean buses in Brooklyn. 

The NG Hybrids were so 2009. It’s 2019. The technology has changed since then. What year are you living in?

15 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

As I said on top they most likely are going to get newer XDE40s next year or so and since the MTA wants all RTS retired they have to send the NGs to Brooklyn especially FB. They got 48 buses for the B46 sbs but 15 of those would go into local service in future when the B46 sbs goes artic part time. Keep in mind the 2017 XD60S aren’t where they’re supposed to be so what Quill has or is even getting isn’t theirs. On top of that as well the XE60S are going to Quill so that may push the newer XD60S somewhere else or not. So FB will most likely end up having a young fleet age within a year or two. 

True, but FB will still be mostly outdated NGs until the new XDE40s. What I am wishing for is at least 21 of the current 2018-19 XD40s to be for FB local service to give tax-paying riders on the non-SBS routes new buses. Hopefully with an extra 30 buses added to the order, there should be some fairness for FB by giving them 21 local XD40s.

18 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Bro what are you talking about? Flatbush Local riders deserve new buses as much as everybody else in this city and the fact that this depot was passed up for new local buses is just totally unfair. Why do more affluent neighborhoods and Depots get new local buses while the less rich and affluent Flatbush Depot doesn’t? It’s total discrimination.

What bus lines do you live by and/or take on a daily basis, and what Depots are they dispatched out of? If they’re not from Flatbush, then it’s easy for you to tell FB folks to cool down. Until FB has a newer fleet of new scheme XD40s and XDE40s for local service, the I will still believe that there is something against FB.

Again as I stated.... Just because  your a FB Daily Rider or anything else to FB  means nuthing...  in this situation  rn with them needing buses and just because  you think FB riders need more buses then your wrong... you keep sayingthat you still dont understand  the process of what the mTA is doing as I keep saying and everyone else your not getting it how much buses you need them to get there not like WFs where they need a danm bus to fill in all the time it dosent work that way. The local riders have something to ride it's just local buses that dont have USB chargers or Wifi so what... when the time comes for them to push there XD40s from the B46 sbs to local routes then the local riders can enjoy them self until then that's how its gonna be... 

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

1 minute ago, JeremiahC99 said:

But that’s for SBS service on the B46 SBS. Meanwhile we ain’t getting jack shit for local routes in terms of new buses. That’s unfair.

How is that unfair?

Flatbush has a ton of local buses that are roughly 4 years old, just exactly how is that unfair? Is that too old for you?

16 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

How come the Bronx gets new buses while Brooklyn gets their hand me downs?

9 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Except for Flatbush.. We're getting hand me down NG's and no new buses except for the XD60's as trades for the LFSA

7 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

What other do you expect  them to Get.... come on now as people said hundreds of time... FB Rtses are Retiring the process is for Brooklyn to get more Next Gens from Bronx and for that FB is one of them the more Next gens the more rtses can get pushed out from the depo leaving them to have less of a stortage.... and FB on the other hand dosent need any more XD40s as they are done in the orders the easiest way for them to push them to local scheme for there routes is for the B46 to use the XD60s that they have which should happen soon but just not right now... and not to mention again they are done in the XD60 list the easiest way to look at this is MJQ will have to push the rest of XD60s to FB for them to push the rest of the nova bus lfsas look at it that way .Besides the Mta ain't  letting FB touch any other fleet in the system so I'm sure you should know that by now.... So with that said your just gonna have to deal with them getting more next gens because it does make total sense.

5 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Except for Flatbush, every Brooklyn Division garage has gotten new local buses recently (FB is getting just for SBS). Gleason got 107 new CNGs (69 rigids, 38 artics) while the rest of Brooklyn Division is getting new blue and yellow local XD40s.

1 hour ago, T J Trainman said:

FLA is getting brand new XD60s!!!! What else do you want??? Smh. 

45 minutes ago, Novabus 5000 said:

Flatbush got their share from the new XD40 order. They were entitled to 48 buses. 7615-7662 is 48. 

From reading all of this. I can make a simple assessment on this. I clearly see there is hate for Flatbush in the Brooklyn Division. 

The last I checked. Ulmer Park does not go thru the heart of Central Brooklyn like Flatbush, East New York, Fresh Pond, Gleason and Grand Avenue. We could all argue that Flatbush deserves new equipment but the way Department of Buses is set up and Flatbush Management may have something to do with this that Flatbush is getting a mere share of buses it needs. The current XD60 order went from 57 to a mere 36 or 39 for them. 

At the end of the day Flatbush should of gotten new XD40’s to replace its RTS fleet like the other depots that are receiving buses. However, when you are at the mercy of the Department of Buses it’s either you take what you are given or don’t expect new buses in the future. This appears to be the case of Flatbush.