MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

18 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Yukon only has one new LFS (that's not even in service yet), why are they giving away buses so quickly? Wouldn't this cause a shortage?

Buses are on the way from upstate. Right now it all depends on the delivery schedule. I could be wrong but I think it’s 3-4 buses being brought in daily. (Clarification needed please mods or other personnel). 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Calvin said:

A random thought: waiting to see if 3992, 3998 will move to FB 

Yukon, Gun Hill to FB???

Last I checked those 2 buses were operating on Gun Hill and Yukon lines today. Unless they got the call from console that they had to return back to depot. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

1 hour ago, Coney Island Av said:

If the XD40 order for WF is already complete, then what's gonna replace the last five remaining Orion VII CNGs there? 

Quill still has 5285-5298, 5300-5301, 5977, 5980 and maybe a few more unwrapped 2012 LFSA that can be moved up to Farms as thy get displaced by the 2019 XD60s being delivered. And if they'd rather just move those 2016-2017 XD60s to flatbush instead, then there are 19 2012-2013 LFSA at flatbush waiting to be moved up to West farms. Furthermore Hale will be unwrapping 2010-2012 LFSA shortly whenever they start getting XD60s (and whenever they put 6128 in service..) so west farms can get LFSA through that avenue too

1 hour ago, Orion6025 said:

Quill still has 5285-5298, 5300-5301, 5977, 5980 and maybe a few more unwrapped 2012 LFSA that can be moved up to Farms as thy get displaced by the 2019 XD60s being delivered. And if they'd rather just move those 2016-2017 XD60s to flatbush instead, then there are 19 2012-2013 LFSA at flatbush waiting to be moved up to West farms. Furthermore Hale will be unwrapping 2010-2012 LFSA shortly whenever they start getting XD60s (and whenever they put 6128 in service..) so west farms can get LFSA through that avenue too

6128 has been in service already. Was spotted today on the M15 SBS

7326 out of FLA has Wi Fi and I assume the other blue and white XD40s has Wi Fi as well. Ignoring LBSS, paint schemes and all that other stuff the other XD40s have the same comforts the ones on the SBS 46 do minus the USB ports... Which I would imagine these buses would eventually get refitted with.

Much older express buses got refitted with USB ports.

Edited by trainfan22

48 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

7326 out of FLA has Wi Fi and I assume the other blue and white XD40s has Wi Fi as well. Ignoring LBSS, paint schemes and all that other stuff the other XD40s have the same comforts the ones on the SBS 46 do minus the USB ports... Which I would imagine these buses would eventually get refitted with.

Much older express buses got refitted with USB ports.

That's what I'm saying....those buses were literally in the process of being delivered when the new scheme came out. They should get upgraded for their 4 year overhauls. 

7090-7483 and 8090-8503 definitely should get the new scheme and USB ports...MTA needs to stop wasting time. 

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

That's what I'm saying....those buses were literally in the process of being delivered when the new scheme came out. They should get upgraded for their 4 year overhauls. 

7090-7483 and 8090-8503 definitely should get the new scheme and USB ports...MTA needs to stop wasting time. 

that would be an unnecessary waste of money. They need to stop retrofitting older buses with newer amentities. The new ones being delivered, however, should feature the newest technology.

11 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Wouldn't it be easier to send some of the delivered 7800s to Flatbush Depot? (Just wondering this, as LFS units are coming in slowly, the XD-40s are quick)

This whole order is already accounted for. Barring any major changes. FB is not on this order to receive any more. 

11 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Reminder that 6234 is currently assigned for local service. It has yet to be seen if 6234 will be unwrapped or see service on a different route other than the Q53.

Yeah mean sbs service because the Q53 is only an sbs route. 

48 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Reminder that 6234 is currently assigned for local service. It has yet to be seen if 6234 will be unwrapped or see service on a different route other than the Q53.

I heard that the SBS scheme is under the lower level of the outside, like peeling off double tack

Word is that Flatbush's batch has been temporarily cut by 7 more buses to 29 because they need extra buses for the M14 SBS. Once the 15 XE60s show up, those buses will end up back at Flatbush. This largely sounds like a temporary assignment.

I have a theory that Flatbush might get JFK's 6100s if they start the deliveries of the MTA Bus batch.

Edited by Cait Sith