MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

7 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

When did this happen? I could've sworn I saw 6135 at the depot today. I had 6130 all day

Apparently someone reported an afternoon move to MJQ. However, if this is true this would be the 3rd 61xx bus to move within the last 2 weeks. Also, when FB move buses to Manhattan and or the Bronx they travel down Flatbush Avenue. During my travels today I did not see one artic travel down Flatbush. IMO The move is suspect and you indicate it’s been at the depot most of the day without a move paper in front of the windshield. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Apparently someone reported an afternoon move to MJQ. However, if this is true this would be the 3rd 61xx bus to move within the last 2 weeks. Also, when FB move buses to Manhattan and or the Bronx they travel down Flatbush Avenue. During my travels today I did not see one artic travel down Flatbush. IMO The move is suspect and you indicate it’s been at the depot most of the day without a move paper in front of the windshield. 

Now if this is true, why the heck would they take Flatbush depot current fleet, what are we getting in return?... We are short in articulated buses during the weekday AM rush hour and sometimes we have to use the XD40s SBS.

Other depots has the XD60 why not grab their buses?......

2 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Now if this is true, why the heck would they take Flatbush depot current fleet, what are we getting in return?... We are short in articulated buses during the weekday AM rush hour and sometimes we have to use the XD40s SBS.

Other depots has the XD60 why not grab their buses?......

Per @SevenEleven. On this post on the bottom duece 

16 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

6135 was moved between last night and today. Also, latest deployment shows FB's XDs going to Quill until the XEs show up. 

16 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

6135 was moved between last night and today. Also, latest deployment shows FB's XDs going to Quill until the XEs show up. 

Oh my goodness.... Last night while I was shifting, I did see on the list of buses to hold at least four 6100's  to be place on hold by GS request.

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

There are slowly chipping away with the new fleet from Flatbush to send old MJQ XD60 fleet. (all this for the M14+) Only the Department of Buses could do this to Flatbush. Before you turn around all the new 61xx buses will be out of Brooklyn and into Manhattan + Quill getting their own 61xx buses. Surprised that DOB is not touching MCH XD60 order.

Honestly, (MTA) should of ordered more buses for the M14SBS but this is surely above my pay grade.

Honestly to me I don’t even feel the M14 even need all those buses and especially during the night and weekends when every other sbs route in Manhattan isn’t like during the day. To me this is just them trying to make sure they can cover themselves but I mean really MJQ has over 110 LFSAs you can’t tell me that isn’t enough buses. Now if this were an older plan like pre janurAry and they had all those new bus routes and shuttles I can see but the new plan has been reduced significantly so to me those buses aren’t needed in the same magnitude as the initial L train shutdown. 

16 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Oh my goodness.... Last night while I was shifting, I did see on the list of buses to hold at least four 6100's  to be place on hold by GS request.

Dammm.  Can these moves also have something to do with the 44 losing runs for this pick and for service for the M14+. 

20 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Dammm.  Can these moves also have something to do with the 44 losing runs for this pick and for service for the M14+. 

Maybe it’s just me, but the recent diversions to this order are leading me to believe that not only is there something against FB (which I still believe there is), but also MQ is trying to be a huge ass showoff by showing off the flashy new buses to all the rich tourists in the area, while shafting the poor and working class outer boroughs (most of whom spend considerate amount of time on the thing called the (MTA) subway and buses) with buses built before 2014 in most cases. I don’t know why, but that’s what I think, like who thr hell’s running the damn MQ depot, Bruno Mars?

10 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Maybe it’s just me, but the recent diversions to this order are leading me to believe that not only is there something against FB (which I still believe there is), but also MQ is trying to be a huge ass showoff by showing off the flashy new buses to all the rich tourists in the area, while shafting the poor and working class outer boroughs (most of whom spend considerate amount of time on the thing called the (MTA) subway and buses) with buses built before 2014 in most cases. I don’t know why, but that’s what I think, like who thr hell’s running the damn MQ depot, Bruno Mars?

I'm going to have to agree. MQ is getting all of these new buses which in reality they don't really need. But I guess when you are from MQ anything new goes

15 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Maybe it’s just me, but the recent diversions to this order are leading me to believe that not only is there something against FB (which I still believe there is), but also MQ is trying to be a huge ass showoff by showing off the flashy new buses to all the rich tourists in the area

Also because MTA and Cuomo wants SBS to be 100% Wi-Fi and USBs. That's a thing too.

@MHV184 look at this post as well. 

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

30 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond to this nonsense but:

Department of Buses calls the shots. I don't know where this idea that individual depots "steal" buses meant for other ones came from but its prevalent among the brats and its completely false.

And I might add, if you think rich tourists are riding the crosstown Select Buses boy are you wrong... They're just as working class as the B44.

9 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Jesus I wish there were still a downvote button on this site...

Amen

Edited by Around the Horn

16 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Also because MTA and Cuomo wants SBS to be 100% Wi-Fi and USBs. That's a thing too.

I am actually well aware of that, but honestly, it would be better for them to expedite that XD60 order so that they can send the 6110-6124 buses to MQ so they can have buses 6109-6125 for the M14 SBS by June 28th. Yes they would have to temporarily take from others until November, but by the time that’s done, FB can have all new 2019 buses instead of having Department of buses decide the MQ should get greedy and get the newest buses for no clear reason.

40 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I didn't realize Clayton Guse established himself on this site.

1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I am actually well aware of that, but honestly, it would be better for them to expedite that XD60 order so that they can send the 6110-6124 buses to MQ so they can have buses 6109-6125 for the M14 SBS by June 28th. Yes they would have to temporarily take from others until November, but by the time that’s done, FB can have all new 2019 buses instead of having Department of buses decide the MQ should get greedy and get the newest buses for no clear reason.

I don't see the big deal. Its not like Quiil is keeping them when the Electrics come. They only got the XD60s as placeholders to have all the current SBS routes be wiif/usb. Now that they added the M14 they need more buses. 

3 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

It's just to jumpstart the M14 SBS... Relax

54 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

4331 from Grand Ave to Flatbush.

Has any Kingsbridge buses make the move to Brooklyn. It appears 3 more LFS came in overnight. 4336, 4339 made the trip on Friday and saw service in Brooklyn on Saturday.  

4340, 4343 could be next to possibly leave. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

12 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Didn't they have like 23 RTS's I think the buses they have just received is enough to retire them.

18 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Why is Quill getting all these hand me downs from other depots? Don't they have enough to cover regular local service

RTS will not drop overnight. Give it a few days. 

As for the second quote, not even gonna directly reply to it as it's already been explained a handful of times on why hand me downs are in Manhattan.