MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

2 minutes ago, limitednyc said:

when is west farms going to  send the xd40's  back to up, ja and mjq,.?Are they going to get a order of xd40 of their own?

Too much gap here. The question isn’t When is WF getting their own XDs where that depot is CNG. The question should be “Is WF getting more XNs?” The order of 138 40’ buses was not enough but given that 4 of their routes have gone Artic, forced them to take buses from both MQ & FB. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Too much gap here. The question isn’t When is WF getting their own XDs where that depot is CNG. The question should be “Is WF getting more XNs?” The order of 138 40’ buses was not enough but given that 4 of their routes have gone Artic, forced them to take buses from both MQ & FB. 

That 138 XN40 order was definitely not enough. Not only that West Farms sent back buses to Gleason. At this point we are at the mercy of the Department of buses to see if and when buses will return back to Ulmer Park. 

Right now Grand Avenue is on the board for more XD40’s. If Fresh Pond wants to complete 65 buses allotment. They need to take from Grand Avenue. There gaps of numbers between Fresh Pond and Grand. 

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

That 138 XN40 order was definitely not enough. Not only that West Farms sent back buses to Gleason. At this point we are at the mercy of the Department of buses to see if and when buses will return back to Ulmer Park. 

Right now Grand Avenue is on the board for more XD40’s. If Fresh Pond wants to complete 65 buses allotment. They need to take from Grand Avenue. There gaps of numbers between Fresh Pond and Grand. 

The DOB is the enemy and the enemy shows no mercy. So what they say goes! 

56 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

It is at Ulmer Park but probably not for long.

Last we all checked Ulmer Park does not want anything to do with those NG’s. DOB figured hey let’s give Ulmer Park a few NG’s to play around with until more XD40’s come in from West Farms. 

PS: 4572 on the B64 right now. Whoever in Bay Ridge check and see if there’s an actual UP decal on that bus. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

47 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Last we all checked Ulmer Park does not want anything to do with those NG’s. DOB figured hey let’s give Ulmer Park a few NG’s to play around with until more XD40’s come in from West Farms. 

PS: 4572 on the B64 right now. Whoever in Bay Ridge check and see if there’s an actual UP decal on that bus. 

Caught the bus and it has Grand on the driver's side

60463792_682009528899184_750267861045346

51 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Just to remind others (and myself) of future assignments for the 2019 NYCT XD60 order:

Flatbush: 29 buses assigned

Quill: 31 buses assigned

Hale: 48 buses assigned

Is this correct as of today?

Isn’t the 31 for Quill a temporary thing until he XE60s come in or is that permanent (the 10 additional buses stay)?

Edited by JeremiahC99

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Caught the bus and it has Grand on the driver's side

60463792_682009528899184_750267861045346

Than the bus is a short term loan. 4532 is reportedly at Ulmer Park too. Looks like Fresh Pond decals is on that bus. If someone is in Canarsie get a visual on that bus. Last checked bus is in Canarsie heading to Bensonhurst. 

I really hope hybrids are finally assigned to Ulmer Park, would be nice to see weather its OG or NG or a mix of both, as if they are assigned there I would imagine they would give more than 2 buses lol. Perhaps more are there that are inside the depot and have yet to hit service. That would make JG the only BK depot to never have hybrids.

I hope 4532 and 4572 are running on UP routes tomorrow. I got to ride the NG Q35 today and that was so much fun, I JUST missed 4532 today when it was at Rock Parkway station heading to New Lots but I was tired and didn't feel like chasing it.

Those buses from the 4245-78 batch being transferred to Manhattan Division...I would hope they undergo a thorough product overhaul and repaint before being inducted into Manhattan Division service. Except for 4246/63/78, they are among the last unrepainted NGs in the system.

As for the Q70, that badly needs to go to articulated service, based on the crowds alone.

Edited by aemoreira81

16 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

I would hope they undergo a thorough product overhaul and repaint before being inducted into Manhattan Division service.

amen. they'd better give those units some much deserved TLC... give em the works.

speaking of unrepainted NG's... LaGuardia has a few 449x's that have slipped thru the cracks

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

33 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

amen. they'd better give those units some much deserved TLC... give em the works.

speaking of unrepainted NG's... LaGuardia has a few 449x's that have slipped thru the cracks

And also JFK has a few unrepainted buses. Hell one drove by me on the q60 a few days ago

11 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

10 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

And also JFK has a few unrepainted buses. Hell one drove by me on the q60 a few days ago

Believe those buses are actually the strange repaints done a few years back where they preserved the black fronts and angled stripes at the back. You can tell by the doors and numbering that the it's a repaint though. The only unrepainted NGs I know of are the ex-SI buses. There might be one or two Flatbush buses still running around in a partial repaint. 

14 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Those buses from the 4245-78 batch being transferred to Manhattan Division...I would hope they undergo a thorough product overhaul and repaint before being inducted into Manhattan Division service. Except for 4246/63/78, they are among the last unrepainted NGs in the system.

As for the Q70, that badly needs to go to articulated service, based on the crowds alone.

Since the 6234 is in LGA, let’s test one on the Q70, unless the DOB has something to say

On 5/15/2019 at 7:44 PM, trainfan22 said:

I really hope hybrids are finally assigned to Ulmer Park, would be nice to see weather its OG or NG or a mix of both, as if they are assigned there I would imagine they would give more than 2 buses lol. Perhaps more are there that are inside the depot and have yet to hit service. That would make JG the only BK depot to never have hybrids.

I hope 4532 and 4572 are running on UP routes tomorrow. I got to ride the NG Q35 today and that was so much fun, I JUST missed 4532 today when it was at Rock Parkway station heading to New Lots but I was tired and didn't feel like chasing it.

You won’t be seeing them at UP anymore

48 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

They are currently slated to get 40 of the new XD40s coming in, and are also in line for the next order of 275 diesel-electric hybrid buses.

At first, I thought UP was not getting XDE40s because they have never got hybrids in a long time. Until 2 days ago, the NG HEVs came for them from FP and now they seem ready for the XDE40s. Oh and the OG HEVs from ENY, I almost forgot