Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

53B84F71-E701-40CE-865B-F82330F65FDB.jpeg

D8644343-1A27-4BFF-9625-A327FB71B452.jpeg

Message added by East New York

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, limitednyc said:

when is west farms going to  send the xd40's  back to up, ja and mjq,.?Are they going to get a order of xd40 of their own?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Too much gap here. The question isn’t When is WF getting their own XDs where that depot is CNG. The question should be “Is WF getting more XNs?” The order of 138 40’ buses was not enough but given that 4 of their routes have gone Artic, forced them to take buses from both MQ & FB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Too much gap here. The question isn’t When is WF getting their own XDs where that depot is CNG. The question should be “Is WF getting more XNs?” The order of 138 40’ buses was not enough but given that 4 of their routes have gone Artic, forced them to take buses from both MQ & FB. 

That 138 XN40 order was definitely not enough. Not only that West Farms sent back buses to Gleason. At this point we are at the mercy of the Department of buses to see if and when buses will return back to Ulmer Park. 

Right now Grand Avenue is on the board for more XD40’s. If Fresh Pond wants to complete 65 buses allotment. They need to take from Grand Avenue. There gaps of numbers between Fresh Pond and Grand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

That 138 XN40 order was definitely not enough. Not only that West Farms sent back buses to Gleason. At this point we are at the mercy of the Department of buses to see if and when buses will return back to Ulmer Park. 

Right now Grand Avenue is on the board for more XD40’s. If Fresh Pond wants to complete 65 buses allotment. They need to take from Grand Avenue. There gaps of numbers between Fresh Pond and Grand. 

The DOB is the enemy and the enemy shows no mercy. So what they say goes! 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Bus # 4572 was spotted a few minutes ago on the B6 on Glenwood heading towards ENY

That is a loan from Grand Avenue. That ain’t staying at Ulmer Park. Hopefully it doesn’t have Ulmer Park decals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

That is a loan from Grand Avenue. That ain’t staying at Ulmer Park. Hopefully it doesn’t have Ulmer Park decals. 

I believe it did have the UP sticker on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

It is at Ulmer Park but probably not for long.

Last we all checked Ulmer Park does not want anything to do with those NG’s. DOB figured hey let’s give Ulmer Park a few NG’s to play around with until more XD40’s come in from West Farms. 

PS: 4572 on the B64 right now. Whoever in Bay Ridge check and see if there’s an actual UP decal on that bus. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Last we all checked Ulmer Park does not want anything to do with those NG’s. DOB figured hey let’s give Ulmer Park a few NG’s to play around with until more XD40’s come in from West Farms. 

PS: 4572 on the B64 right now. Whoever in Bay Ridge check and see if there’s an actual UP decal on that bus. 

Caught the bus and it has Grand on the driver's side

60463792_682009528899184_750267861045346

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to remind others (and myself) of future assignments for the 2019 NYCT XD60 order:

 

Flatbush: 29 buses assigned

Quill: 31 buses assigned

Hale: 48 buses assigned

 

Is this correct as of today?

Edited by MysteriousBtrain
As of today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Just to remind others (and myself) of future assignments for the 2019 NYCT XD60 order:

 

Flatbush: 29 buses assigned

Quill: 31 buses assigned

Hale: 48 buses assigned

 

Is this correct as of today?

Isn’t the 31 for Quill a temporary thing until he XE60s come in or is that permanent (the 10 additional buses stay)?

Edited by JeremiahC99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Caught the bus and it has Grand on the driver's side

60463792_682009528899184_750267861045346

Than the bus is a short term loan. 4532 is reportedly at Ulmer Park too. Looks like Fresh Pond decals is on that bus. If someone is in Canarsie get a visual on that bus. Last checked bus is in Canarsie heading to Bensonhurst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope hybrids are finally assigned to Ulmer Park, would be nice to see weather its OG or NG or a mix of both, as if they are assigned there I would imagine they would give more than 2 buses lol. Perhaps more are there that are inside the depot and have yet to hit service. That would make JG the only BK depot to never have hybrids.

 

I hope 4532 and 4572 are running on UP routes tomorrow. I got to ride the NG Q35 today and that was so much fun, I JUST missed 4532 today when it was at Rock Parkway station heading to New Lots but I was tired and didn't feel like chasing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Does anyone know when Grand is supposed to start getting the 4700 XD60s from the Bronx? 

Maybe 2020. They were said to be there for the B38 and Q58 for training. Also, ENY too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those buses from the 4245-78 batch being transferred to Manhattan Division...I would hope they undergo a thorough product overhaul and repaint before being inducted into Manhattan Division service. Except for 4246/63/78, they are among the last unrepainted NGs in the system.

As for the Q70, that badly needs to go to articulated service, based on the crowds alone.

Edited by aemoreira81
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

I would hope they undergo a thorough product overhaul and repaint before being inducted into Manhattan Division service.

amen. they'd better give those units some much deserved TLC... give em the works.

speaking of unrepainted NG's... LaGuardia has a few 449x's that have slipped thru the cracks

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

Does anyone know when Grand is supposed to start getting the 4700 XD60s from the Bronx? 

Probably later this year as more XD60s come in, more specifically the ones displaced at MTA bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

amen. they'd better give those units some much deserved TLC... give em the works.

speaking of unrepainted NG's... LaGuardia has a few 449x's that have slipped thru the cracks

And also JFK has a few unrepainted buses. Hell one drove by me on the q60 a few days ago

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

amen. they'd better give those units some much deserved TLC... give em the works.

speaking of unrepainted NG's... LaGuardia has a few 449x's that have slipped thru the cracks

 

10 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

And also JFK has a few unrepainted buses. Hell one drove by me on the q60 a few days ago

Believe those buses are actually the strange repaints done a few years back where they preserved the black fronts and angled stripes at the back. You can tell by the doors and numbering that the it's a repaint though. The only unrepainted NGs I know of are the ex-SI buses. There might be one or two Flatbush buses still running around in a partial repaint. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

Is UP getting any new buses?

They are currently slated to get 40 of the new XD40s coming in, and are also in line for the next order of 275 diesel-electric hybrid buses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Those buses from the 4245-78 batch being transferred to Manhattan Division...I would hope they undergo a thorough product overhaul and repaint before being inducted into Manhattan Division service. Except for 4246/63/78, they are among the last unrepainted NGs in the system.

As for the Q70, that badly needs to go to articulated service, based on the crowds alone.

Since the 6234 is in LGA, let’s test one on the Q70, unless the DOB has something to say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 7:44 PM, trainfan22 said:

I really hope hybrids are finally assigned to Ulmer Park, would be nice to see weather its OG or NG or a mix of both, as if they are assigned there I would imagine they would give more than 2 buses lol. Perhaps more are there that are inside the depot and have yet to hit service. That would make JG the only BK depot to never have hybrids.

 

I hope 4532 and 4572 are running on UP routes tomorrow. I got to ride the NG Q35 today and that was so much fun, I JUST missed 4532 today when it was at Rock Parkway station heading to New Lots but I was tired and didn't feel like chasing it.

You won’t be seeing them at UP anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

48 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

They are currently slated to get 40 of the new XD40s coming in, and are also in line for the next order of 275 diesel-electric hybrid buses.

At first, I thought UP was not getting XDE40s because they have never got hybrids in a long time. Until 2 days ago, the NG HEVs came for them from FP and now they seem ready for the XDE40s. Oh and the OG HEVs from ENY, I almost forgot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.