MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

5 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

2002 definitely messed up everything between TA Brooklyn Division and MaBSTOA. 

i wouldn't go THAT far... it has it's benefits with seniority depending on what side the coin you work on or from... but all in all it definitely doesn't make things any easier when it comes to said seniority issues & the system pick. the kinks should've been worked out by now, but there are alot of union chairs & union offices mucking up the works so to speak, so human error is definitely not uncommon. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

To me honestly. MCH should of only gotten the M15 and M35. 100th has no business working the 15 local and the 14A&D. 

15 should be full-time local and SBS for MCH. This is why the division to me is so crowded. However, I have to remember that the DOB runs this operation and they are the experts to what routes are suited for the division. 

Im just the kid that sees things differently and gotta understand that politics play a role in these decisions. 

Deadheading to south ferry from 147th street is a pain in the ass trip to start from tho thats worst then the deadhead trip from Quill to 125th for the M35. I think the DOP would want the depot to be somewhere in the middle of the line atleast but Tuskegee and Quill can't handle all of the M15 Local and select alone. MCH shouldve been built to handle more buses.

1 minute ago, FiveSix OneSeven said:

Deadheading to south ferry from 147th street is a pain in the ass trip to start from tho thats worst then the deadhead trip from Quill to 125th for the M35. I think the DOP would want the depot to be somewhere in the middle of the line atleast but Tuskegee and Quill can't handle all of the M15 Local and select alone. MCH shouldve been built to handle more buses.

Most trips start in Harlem and Hale can fit (slightly) more buses.

2 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

MTA isn't even allowed to use Mother Hale Depot to its full capacity because of a community concession (complaints of "environmental racism" and all that).

I though that issue was taken care of since have around 72 Orion VII Clean Air Hybrids over there and are not only getting new clean-diesel artics for the M15 SBS, they are also in line for the next hybrid order. That’s the cleanest and most environmentally-friendly their fleet of 123-128 buses can get. What else are they asking for?

7 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

There may have been a change in the XD60 deployment. Word is that Hale is getting their number of artics reduced so that Flatbush can get their shortage filled.

Again? Is this temporary or permanent?

2 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I though that issue was taken care of since have around 72 Orion VII Clean Air Hybrids over there and are not only getting new clean-diesel artics for the M15 SBS, they are also in line for the next hybrid order. That’s the cleanest and most environmentally-friendly their fleet of 123-128 buses can get. What else are they asking for?

I question why they can't convert Manhattanville to an artic depot to help out routes like the M35 or M60 or even the M15

26 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

It's permanent. They simply don't want bus garages in minority neighborhoods. (Never mind that the garages were there before the minorities moved in.)

1 hour ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

It's permanent. They simply don't want bus garages in minority neighborhoods. (Never mind that the garages were there before the minorities moved in.)

I’m talking about the quantities of the XD60 bus order. I was hoping the assignments could go somewhat like this:

51 Mother Clara Hale

21 Mike Quill

36 Flatbush

1 hour ago, MHV184 said:

I question why they can't convert Manhattanville to an artic depot to help out routes like the M35 or M60 or even the M15

For such a conversion, it costs an arm and a leg to do so.

2 hours ago, MHV184 said:

for depots like Fresh Pond & Manhattanville, it wouldn't make logistical sense from a monetary standpoint to convert either to hold artics. firstly, using Manhattanville as is to hold artics would force many runs out of that building to other depots, and Manhattan Division (specifically MCH & 100 street... and to a lesser extent Quill) can't accommodate such a series of moves. Fresh Pond can't work, due to surrounding infrastructure being drastically & adversely affected by such a conversion (the el pillars & train yard specifically) I'll put it this way, GA being built, Charleston being built, the rebuilding of MCH, converting JG, FB & ENY for artics couldn't happen if funding to convert FP or MHV were to have actually happened. it's truly not a simple process by any stretch. 

3 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

for depots like Fresh Pond & Manhattanville, it wouldn't make logistical sense from a monetary standpoint to convert either to hold artics. firstly, using Manhattanville as is to hold artics would force many runs out of that building to other depots, and Manhattan Division (specifically MCH & 100 street... and to a lesser extent Quill) can't accommodate such a series of moves. Fresh Pond can't work, due to surrounding infrastructure being drastically & adversely affected by such a conversion (the el pillars & train yard specifically) I'll put it this way, GA being built, Charleston being built, the rebuilding of MCH, converting JG, FB & ENY for artics couldn't happen if funding to convert FP or MHV were to have actually happened. it's truly not a simple process by any stretch. 

Well the way I was thinking is having Manhattanville keep the routes that it has and with the conversion to artics it can have a split run with the M60 and M35 since it makes sense with Manhattanville Depot being closer. Also I would like to point out that there are plans to make M96 into Select Bus Service which would also make sense to do so. 

39 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Well the way I was thinking is having Manhattanville keep the routes that it has and with the conversion to artics it can have a split run with the M60 and M35 since it makes sense with Manhattanville Depot being closer. Also I would like to point out that there are plans to make M96 into Select Bus Service which would also make sense to do so. 

uh huh... but that's not how it works. in order to house artics, 40 footers would still have to leave, and runs/RDO's along with it. it's never been as simple as that 

Can the LFS order possibly go like this?

8504-8542 [39] (QV)

8543-8572 [30] (KB)

8573-8615 [43] (YU)

8616-8640 [25] (GH)

8641-8665 [25] (QV)

8666-8695 [30] (KB)

8696-8720 [25] (GH)

8721-8754 [34] SBS (YU) 

my other option is if they give GH their 50 straight instead of a split they'll receive

8616-8665 [50] (GH)

8666-8690 [25] (QV)

8691-8720 [30] (KB)

8721-8754 [34] SBS (YU) 

10 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

which would go to Quill by the way, as MaBSTOA Division 1 is set up that way. and there will be subsequent shuffling to accommodate such a move

If that implementation coincides with the delivery of the next hybrid order, wouldn’t it be more logical to have the M96 still be out of Manhattanville Depot and use those new hybrids they will get?

Looks like the original SBS scheme will survive a little longer now that hale has (temporarily?) lost some of its XD60s. Unless of course the LaGuardia and JFK units get temporarily transferred to hale as those two depots receive 6200s

Edited by Orion6025
Clarification

10 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

which would go to Quill by the way, as MaBSTOA Division 1 is set up that way. and there will be subsequent shuffling to accommodate such a move

That’s a bit of a deadhead  

Quill and Gun Hill having these SBS routes. Glad this practice hasn’t hit down to Flatbush but again we are dealing with the DOB. 

It would make sense for MHV to have the 96SBS and doesn’t need to have artics like the 46SBS at FB. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

That’s a bit of a deadhead  

Quill and Gun Hill having these SBS routes. Glad this practice hasn’t hit down to Flatbush but again we are dealing with the DOB. 

It would make sense for MHV to have the 96SBS and doesn’t need to have artics like the 46SBS at FB. 

The B46 sbs needs artics and ASAP. The only reason why it never got artics was because they couldn’t layover around deklab Avenue. Someone from FB depot was saying they were going to extend the 46 up a bit on Broadway. 

FB was supposed to get those new XD60S to replace the B44 artics and implement the b46 sbs with artics for rush hour trips. 

The B82 sbs was supposed to have artics but theirs  are around the entire city. 

10 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

The B46 sbs needs artics and ASAP. The only reason why it never got artics was because they couldn’t layover around deklab Avenue. Someone from FB depot was saying they were going to extend the 46 up a bit on Broadway. 

FB was supposed to get those new XD60S to replace the B44 artics and implement the b46 sbs with artics for rush hour trips. 

The B82 sbs was supposed to have artics but theirs  are around the entire city. 

Here’s the deal. All of this (they) supposed to get this and that is not flying at all. DOB determines the allotments and for what uses. Right now everything is a mess and as of last night there are more changes to the XD60 order. It gets crazier by the week. It’s going to be a bumpy ride this summer into September. 

6 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Here’s the deal. All of this (they) supposed to get this and that is not flying at all. DOB determines the allotments and for what uses. Right now everything is a mess and as of last night there are more changes to the XD60 order. It gets crazier by the week. It’s going to be a bumpy ride this summer into September. 

Of course and I understand. DOB in my opinion does BK like garbage all the time. I complain about the routes within the area I live cause I live in the flatlands area and the bus routes there suffer the most due to overcrowding.

Word around the street the Q12 is going artic and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Q58 and or the B38 will have to wait longer for their artic implementation.  

2 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Of course and I understand. DOB in my opinion does BK like garbage all the time. I complain about the routes within the area I live cause I live in the flatlands area and the bus routes there suffer the most due to overcrowding.

Word around the street the Q12 is going artic and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Q58 and or the B38 will have to wait longer for their artic implementation.  

I wouldn’t believe that rumor yet unless there’s true confirmation. The 38/58 conversion is supposed to happen.. However, this Q12 thing is something different. Let’s see what comes down the pike on this one.