MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

31 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I wouldn’t believe that rumor yet unless there’s true confirmation. The 38/58 conversion is supposed to happen.. However, this Q12 thing is something different. Let’s see what comes down the pike on this one. 

2 hours ago, nuyorican said:

Looks like the Q12 out of Casey Stengal will go Artic was talking to a bus operator and they will be getting new non SBS artics said it will start in the Fall pick. 

Which is why I’m confused.  

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

As of now there are no plans for more artics at CS. Matter of fact, CS is supposed to be closed and/or relocated soon so no new buses are being sent to CS.

The top statement is a lot more accurate. 

1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

Which is why I’m confused.  

Nothing to be confused about. If the Moderator(s) or any high level personnel on the board did not mention about this than DO NOT RUN WITH IT. It only leads to confusion. Although bus drivers are the core of the agency. There are just things you cannot take to fruition. 

Let everything work itself out! 

27 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

As of now there are no plans for more artics at CS. Matter of fact, CS is supposed to be closed and/or relocated soon so no new buses are being sent to CS.

Which reminds me are there any sort of renderings for the new depot? I recall seeing a project listing for it. 

50 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

There used to be plans for more artics for partial Q12 conversion, but that was dropped.

7 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Don't forget about 4514-4515.

Yes, that’s correct. Also former Fresh Pond-Grand Avenue buses. I would expect those to make the trip soon back home including some 44xx buses. 

Remember, The Bronx wouldn’t be losing so much of their NG’s vs Staten Island. Most of Staten Island (Yukon) is supposed to be Manhattan and Brooklyn bound when YUK gets its next set of buses. 

PS: I’m going to move this convo to the fleets and depots section. Let’s reserve the moves and deliveries section only for moves and deliveries. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

20 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

flatbush  bus 7650 unwrap and being prepared for local services

God, you nearly killed me to heaven and I nearly peed myself after you just posted this. Is it really going to be artics(46+SBS) ???? Since the beginning of last week and my birthday week(before last week), I am happy to seeing construction all over Utica Ave. Especially, Winthrop's select stop and LCL were shifted away from the repair shop to the storage area with new loitering stands(alternative to seats) which is giving me an exciting clue. I hope to see unwrapped #7650 on the B46 LCL so that I can shoot that.

11 minutes ago, King Transit said:

God, you nearly killed me to heaven and I nearly peed myself after you just posted this. Is it really going to be artics(46+SBS) ???? Since the beginning of last week and my birthday week(before last week), I am happy to seeing construction all over Utica Ave. Especially, Winthrop's select stop and LCL were shifted away from the repair shop to the storage area with new loitering stands(alternative to seats) which is giving me an exciting clue. I hope to see unwrapped #7650 on the B46 LCL so that I can shoot that.

Fam. Not so fast. No confirmation on that yet. There is a POSSIBILITY. However, let’s wait for confirmation first. 

9 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Fam. Not so fast. No confirmation on that yet. There is a POSSIBILITY. However, let’s wait for confirmation first. 

What I mean, is that they are taking their time gradually to make this happen. I should've said, "Let's see the close future confirmation".

13 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I think they're just phasing out SBS scheme (and that's why 6234 doesn't have it) but that's just me 

10 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

You may be correct on this one. 

I highly doubt that because the sbs scheme on the cuomo buses are new in design. They are phasing out the old scheme. If they were phasing it out the 2019 XD60s would have came in the current theme. On top of that passengers wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a local bus or a select bus if it were all just one scheme. 

6234 probably came in regular scheme because it’s a test bus not the actual production bus. 

4 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I highly doubt that because the sbs scheme on the cuomo buses are new in design. They are phasing out the old scheme. If they were phasing it out the 2019 XD60s would have came in the current theme. On top of that passengers wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a local bus or a select bus if it were all just one scheme. 

6234 probably came in regular scheme because it’s a test bus not the actual production bus. 

6126 was a demo/test bus but it never saw the local scheme.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

5 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

There will be no point in making the distinction once OMNY is fully rolled out in the next few years and POP is everywhere.

Yukon's LFS batch is also all local scheme even though they've already started displacing wrapped NGs elsewhere. 

Just now, Around the Horn said:

There will be no point in making the distinction once OMNY is fully rolled out in the next few years and POP is everywhere.

Yukon's LFS batch is also all local scheme even though they've already started displacing wrapped NGs elsewhere. 

Yes there will. Select bus service is specifically to pay before you board the bus. All door boarding is another thing and even with that it will take more time for people to pay individually all doors than people having a ticket before boarding. 

What will happen is that sbs won’t be implemented on routes that it may not need. So for instance if a route may be plagued with a bus being idle in a stop due to people paying it may not need sbs because an extra door will be available to pay. 

1 hour ago, King Transit said:

If you nearly pissed yourself after reading a post on the internet, you've got other problems, Mr. apprentice supervisor <_<

12 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Not with OMNY. Fare payment will be on the bus and the fare machines removed

Right...

SBS is a service type.... OMNY is a fare payment method.

Edited by B35 via Church

46 minutes ago, King Transit said:

What I mean, is that they are taking their time gradually to make this happen. I should've said, "Let's see the close future confirmation".

You always meaning something. Just be patient with the process. Everything will come in due time. 

13 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Not with OMNY. Fare payment will be on the bus and the fare machines removed

Not sure if I’m following correctly. Reason why is that sbs is a service that replaces the limited service. The sole reason for its existence is to have people pay before boarding. I’m not sure how OMNY would phase out sbs when OMNY is basically another way to pay to get on the bus? 

If you or anyone else can give me confirmation on this I would gladly appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

Not sure if I’m following correctly. Reason why is that sbs is a service that replaces the limited service. The sole reason for its existence is to have people pay before boarding. I’m not sure how OMNY would phase out sbs when OMNY is basically another way to pay to get on the bus? 

If you or anyone else can give me confirmation on this I would gladly appreciate it. 

SBS is not being phased out. The routes will remain as is. The separate SBS branding (livery and fare machines) is what would (possibly) be phased out and I've been hearing rumors about that for a while now.

Smartcard validators on board buses would replace the fare machines.

SBS fare payment to move on board

o Readers placed at all doors and open boarding allowed at all doors

o No cash (coins or bills) accepted

o No contactless paper transfer tickets

o Wayside equipment discontinued

o Random fare payment inspection conducted by Special Inspectors

o Bus operator will not confirm fare payment by any customers

Page 28, https://app.box.com/s/js84d12hkx74k3g4j328q0bplnu2iquy