MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

3 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Yes I was able to get on the bus since I recognize one of the supervisors. It was dispatchers, Superintendent (Road operations) and union officers on the bus doing a test run on the route by using the articulated bus without passengers. They even parked the bus parallel to the B38 bus stop on Tilary street and Cadman plaza. 

Excellent!!. Was the test a full B38 run from Downtown to Metro or Downtown to Ridgewood Term via Dekalb? Only issue I see is those Bushwick streets. Very horrible. Little to no repaving. However, Lafayette and Dekalb aren’t really problematic. 

Bus stop length may pose another issue. U know better than me on this part. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Excellent!!. Was the test a full B38 run from Downtown to Metro or Downtown to Ridgewood Term via Dekalb? Only issue I see is those Bushwick streets. Very horrible. Little to no repaving. However, Lafayette and Dekalb aren’t really problematic. 

Bus stop length may pose another issue. U know better than me on this part. 

Fulton Street in Downtown Brooklyn is also very narrow.

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Told yall CASTLETON was gonna get new LFS buses. 

About time....

Now I just wish it was 90 LMAOO. But something is better than nothing. 

Don’t celebrate so early... they won’t stay for that long. Remember, YU still has NGs that are being transferred out. Plus, it’s the summer, so school is out,  and Yukon doesn’t need all of them right now.

Castleton’s fleet is in good shape. Their oldest local buses are only 8 years old. Just because the new buses there now doesn’t mean they will stay...

Edited by S78 via Hylan

1 minute ago, S78 via Hylan said:

I don’t think they’ll stay for that long. Remember, YU still has NGs that are being transferred out. Plus, it’s the summer, so school is out and Yukon probably doesn’t need all of them right now.

Castleton’s fleet is in good shape. Their oldest local buses are only 8 years old.

Remember, if anything, some 2015 LFS buses can be transferred to Yukon from Castleton. I'll like to see the new buses on routes other than the Yukon routes on SI.

19 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Remember, if anything, some 2015 LFS buses can be transferred to Yukon from Castleton. I'll like to see the new buses on routes other than the Yukon routes on SI.

Perhaps, but again, they’re slated for YU and they will receive them. 

Also remember, YU has school runs on Castleton and Chareston routes so you will eventually spot them on other routes.

Neither Castleton nor Charleston have 10+ year old local buses that need to be transferred out or replaced.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

Though I am not a SI resident, but my concern with Castleton is really the roads for them as an excuse which had me thinking earlier of why I didn't want them to get the new LFS. But now, I feel like we could trust them.

*This explains(shift to 4:28)

Edited by King Transit

34 minutes ago, King Transit said:

Though I am not a SI resident, but my concern with Castleton is really the roads for them as an excuse which had me thinking earlier of why I didn't want them to get the new LFS. But now, I feel like we could trust them.

And if you think Hylan Blvd is any better for buses I have a bridge to sell you...

1 hour ago, King Transit said:

The same roads that Castleton's buses are getting beat up on are the same that Yukon's are so that's a moot point.

Fuel for thought maybe Staten island will get the rest of the LFS order lol, would love that,,Staten island streets are all beat up,maybe they will spread those 7000's to Yukon ,this is the Department of buses you the MTA everything is subject to change.

Food for thought: To everyone here that Yukon will inherit 7000’s ya’ll are sadly mistaken. Remember, this is summertime. Yukon doesn’t need all its buses now. This is prolly the best preview of buses Castleton will get until September. Unless there’s a change on the order those buses Castleton has are Yukon come September when school is back in session     

Also, the TA wants to rid all of the NG’s in Staten Island (maybe at a later date) and the way the DOB has been dragging themselves as of late with these moves you wonder if anything will happen. 

How do you know that will Actually happen? Never say Never ,plans change all the time with MTA yes NGS will leave Staten island but they could send some 7000's over to Yukon for Locals and S79 SBS still get there allotment its a wait and see.unless you have some sort of inside info,

32 minutes ago, Gleasonbus7560 said:

How do you know that will Actually happen? Never say Never ,plans change all the time with MTA yes NGS will leave Staten island but they could send some 7000's over to Yukon for Locals and S79 SBS still get there allotment its a wait and see.unless you have some sort of inside info,

Transit also wants all SBS routes using buses with USB ports and WiFi which the 7000s and most 2015-16 LFS do not have, so it makes no sense sending them to Yukon. 

Albeit slowly, Yukon is receiving all 77 of their LFS. As I said before, just because Castleton has a few, it doesn’t mean they will stay.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

2 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Albeit slowly, Yukon is receiving all 77 of their LFS. As I said before, just because Castleton has a few, it doesn’t mean they will stay.

Is this the same case with ENY when they have the LFS?

Edited by Calvin

4 hours ago, Calvin said:

Is this the same case with ENY when they have the LFS?

ENY's case was entirely different.

They had lost RTSs to West Farms and other depots, and got those buses as a placeholder.

I honestly wish those buses stayed at ENY, but it is what it is.

Edited by Cait Sith

10 hours ago, Gleasonbus7560 said:

Looks like you're one of those people. This is gonna be fun.......

hD34364A3

you really don't have to like me just because I have a different opinion than u do, Not here to be liked my friend ,I love this sight and the info here and have lived here on Staten island for along time and don't have a problem with being wrong my friend, so please relax with your comments 

2 hours ago, Gleasonbus7560 said:

you really don't have to like me just because I have a different opinion than u do, Not here to be liked my friend, I love this website and the info here and I've lived here on Staten island for a long time and don't have a problem with being wrong my friend, so please relax with your comments 

Sounds like a lot of contradictory here sir.........

Just a theory...maybe the LFS order changed to include Castleton. 

Don't quote me, I'm just trying to use some logic ahead of time. Yukon has 41 Novas...

They were due 36 more. 

Castleton is potentially receiving all of those 36 buses. I can see those buses being dedicated to the S53/S93 since that's roughly the allotment for the S53/S93. They'll swap out the bike racks and put them on the new buses. Castleton can send older LFS to Yukon to cover the difference.

Yukon can use its 41 buses for the S79/S89. That's about the right allotment for those two routes. 34/7. 

All the bridge routes may receive new WiFi/USB buses while the in island routes are all regular fleet. 

Makes sense...just a theory...but it's possible. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888
Bike racks