MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

1 minute ago, NBTA said:

My dude, you just wanna be the first one out there when it becomes artic right? Wait until Winter, and maybe it’ll become artic, and like FlatbushLarry said, even that’s not guaranteed, so just wait within the year of 2020, for now, we are only confirmed for 3 routes, so do me a favor, and WAIT.

Anyways, i just deleted my reply.

Edited by King Transit

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NBTA said:

My dude, you just wanna be the first one out there when it becomes artic right? Wait until Winter, and maybe it’ll become artic, and like FlatbushLarry said, even that’s not guaranteed, so just wait within the year of 2020, for now, we are only confirmed for 3 routes, so do me a favor, and WAIT.

thank you sir. B/O's in TAS (and to an obvious extent MaBSTOA division 2, where i work) are still "waiting" for official word regarding this situation, so please, for the love of all things holy, explain to me how KiNg TrAnSiT (uggh) knows more than TWU Local 100

7 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

thank you sir. B/O's in TAS (and to an obvious extent MaBSTOA division 2, where i work) are still "waiting" for official word regarding this situation, so please, for the love of all things holy, explain to me how KiNg TrAnSiT (uggh) knows more than TWU Local 100

Honesty he doesn't even understand half of what's going on. The only thing he can be described as is a foamer. Claims to be a Quill worker and now East New York worker like let the kid dream. We are all adults we know what's up we just gotta ignore his nonsense

20 hours ago, King Transit said:

The B46, proposed since a year ago

First of all, the B46 was a partial conversion and there would still be standards on the route under that plan. Second, that plan is up in the air because the buses that were intended for the B46 are currently at Quill for the increased M14A SBS service under the L Project plan and the XE60s would not be enough to fully displace them. Not to mention some of those buses would then be needed to displace 1200s off of the M15 SBS in time for the "showcase" route.

23 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I rather not trust a apprentice from Quill at this time and just wait for a more reliable source.

You sir win the day :lol:

10 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Honesty he doesn't even understand half of what's going on. The only thing he can be described as is a foamer. Claims to be a Quill worker and now East New York worker like let the kid dream. We are all adults we know what's up we just gotta ignore his nonsense

trust me, i understand and respect your viewpoint. however, i. come from a culture that doesn't tolerate horseshit such as this (spare the rod, spoil the child) 

3 hours ago, King Transit said:

Speaking of "this fall", it should be either late August or September(especially when MJQ gets their XE60s to give back FB's XD60s). The B46 +SBS stops seemed to finish their rebuilts within 97% along the Utica to Malcolm X Blvd corridor. And we had #6103 tested along the B46 +SBS(depicted by Metro Railfan on YT), the day after B82 +SBS had #6138 clearance tested along that route. And speaking of "XE60", there was a NFI worker(Matt N) who commented on my XE60 demo vid saying that they are currently finishing up the process of building the XE60 lead unit for us in NYC.

I don’t trust Dispatcher Apprentices. 

Cut it out with the bulls*it. Have a pleasant day. 

46 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

Correct me if have this wrong: 

MaBSOTA Division 1: Quill, TU

MaBSOTA Division 2: KB, GH

1 hour ago, King Transit said:

"Umm...@WestFarms36 was saying it and others before too. But the 46 +SBS articulation may start before fall, and may still use the amount of XD60s they have because of the LFSAs coming back by MCH."

^ There I put it back for you.

I never stated the B46 SBS Articulation would start before the fall. Now if you mind to re-read correctly this time without jumping and whirling like a Disney Princess on crack-cocaine, in post #4140 and you can scroll up and re-read that. I stated, "Yeah, I'll believe it when I see a document where Byford signs off on it. As of now, I didn't see anything but the Bx35, Q12, and B38 in the Documents signed off. So B46 SBS Articulation this Fall seems like a clear No." Nothing in there said that this Articulation would happen before the Fall. Also there is another thing called Labor Picks. The (MTA) doesn't shrivel up and spit plans out of nowhere. Articulation requires schedule changes, and it has to happen during a Labor Pick. Now as for the B46 SBS, IT IS NOT BEING ARTICULATED THIS FALL. Super Glue that into your Brain. There are no Board Meetings in August sir, and until there isn't a document signed by NYCT President Andrew Byford, it is not official, and it is just all talk for now. Another thing is that 16 LFSA's, and 19 XD60's is NOT ENOUGH to Articulate both routes, so I don't know in which dimension of the Lego Movie you lost yourself in, but stop trying to say things that are not true, nor backed up by vetted information, another thing is to STOP PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLES' MOUTHS. Also do us a favor while at it, "WAIT AND SEE!"

2 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

What the hell is going on in this thread....

You may want to scroll up and read from page 166. Not only is "Mr. Man" putting words in our mouths' but insistently keeps foaming over the B46 SBS Articulation.

Edited by WestFarms36

4 hours ago, King Transit said:

Speaking of "this fall", it should be either late August or September(especially when MJQ gets their XE60s to give back FB's XD60s). The B46 +SBS stops seemed to finish their rebuilts within 97% along the Utica to Malcolm X Blvd corridor. And we had #6103 tested along the B46 +SBS(depicted by Metro Railfan on YT), the day after B82 +SBS had #6138 clearance tested along that route. And speaking of "XE60", there was a NFI worker(Matt N) who commented on my XE60 demo vid saying that they are currently finishing up the process of building the XE60 lead unit for us in NYC.

Quill's only getting one XE60 in the fall for testing....the production buses are coming in around November/December.

39 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I knew i was missing the other 2. However, what I mentioned is correct? 

yeah everything else is solid. i think hale isn't mentioned, and i didn't mention it because I've heard conflicting issues regarding if it is in fact a TA or OA depot. but, in the interest of not derailing this thread (although earlier attempts have been made) I'll leave it at that

19 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

simply put: twisting others posts to further pontificate on a subject, this time the 46sbs artic situation, as if he is stating vetted facts. 

Oh Christ Almighty give me strength. I cannot believe this is the 2nd time I have to deal with this. It's so bad enough I didn't even have plans of logging into the forums today, but when I received a message from someone here, I had to forcefully come in and clear this mess. @East New York Must be sitting back and relaxing somewhere by now. Cannot believe that Ignorance is a 1st world problem.

28 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

Oh Christ Almighty give me strength. I cannot believe this is the 2nd time I have to deal with this. It's so bad enough I didn't even have plans of logging into the forums today, but when I received a message from someone here, I had to forcefully come in and clear this mess. @East New York Must be sitting back and relaxing somewhere by now. Cannot believe that Ignorance is a 1st world problem.

it's funny you say that... i had no plans of logging on as well, but was notified to the goings on by a co-worker (who works in a certain depot's union office btw) who frequents here. suffice to say that they were appalled by what they read.

3 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

yeah everything else is solid. i think hale isn't mentioned, and i didn't mention it because I've heard conflicting issues regarding if it is in fact a TA or OA depot. but, in the interest of not derailing this thread (although earlier attempts have been made) I'll leave it at that

Makes sense and you are correct on this. 

On 8/3/2011 at 10:03 PM, East New York said:

(MTA) Bus Operations is the surface transit division of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York), created in 2008 to consolidate all bus operations operated by the MTA. Originally known as (MTA) Regional Bus Operations after the 2008 consolidation, the branding was later changed to reflect the contract termination with Long Island Bus, now operating as NICE. The  fleet consists of more than 5,900 buses of various types and models for fixed-route service, providing service in New York City, the western edge of Nassau County and the city of Yonkers. Bus Operations is not currently publicly used as a brand. 

The NYC Transit Forums Fleet & Depots home page is updated on a regular basis, and serves and the main information page for Department of Buses operations.  

(MTA) Bus Operations is currently in the process of merging it's branding, operations, radio and farebox systems. The combined branding has been introduced, and will continue moving forward with all new buses which will share a common unified MTA New York City Transit & Bus brand, that no longer sports NYC Bus or MTA Bus titles.

The current public brands are (MTA) New York City Bus, and (MTA) Bus. The merged ops branding has been revised and will now be known as (MTA) New York City Bus for all public purposes, across all divisions. 

MTA Bus Company headquarters, command, and operations will also be merged with that of NYC Department of Buses and relocated from College Point Depot to the all new state-of-the-art Bus Command Center at East New York Depot, which serves MTA Surface Transit Headquarters. (See more details at the bottom of this title post)

Official (MTA) website

The TTMG Insiders Guide (Fleet and Depot Roster) is a comprehensive depot-by-depot fleet guide that is the maintained by MTA personnel, and is accurate at the date and time posted (save any typos or human error). Public updates are released regularly. Please remember that buses are transferred, loaned, and borrowed on an as needed basis. Reference the MTA Bus Moves & Transfers Thread for daily updates, and interim fleet information.

Official MTA Fleet roster at TTMG

Last Fleet & Depots Update 3/17/19

Local & Express Bus Fleets

Current Procurement 2018-2010, for bus deliveries through 2022

*********************************************************************************************************

The following information comes from "East New York", "The Real", and “SevenEleven” via MTA Bus Operations.

*********************************************************************************************************

New confirmed, and projected fleet numbers, delivery schedules, depot assignments, and additional fleet details. (Includes test and demo buses)

The New 45 foot Express Bus Test & Evaluation Program. MTA has had time to evaluate the data collected during the demo testing phases for the 2 express coach models listed below. MTA is now in the selection process for the next express order. RFP's have been issues, and the first order is due By April 2019. It is expected that MTA may now award both NYCT and MTAB orders together at the same time.

2018 AD Double Decker #0022 (30-day Testing & Evaluation Complete)

2018 MCI D45 CRT LE #0023 ( 90-day Testing & Evaluation Complete)

The Standard 40 foot electric bus alternative energy Test & Evaluation pilot. 0011-0020 (NYCT) At this time,  New Flyer has completed the necessary testing to validate the bus for NYCT operations. Effective February 2019, MTA began the spec design phase for the new buses. Proterra has until October/November to qualify its bus for procurement consideration. At that time MTA will have made a decision moving forward with production immediately in December 2019.

• Lease Group A.) New Flyer XE40 "Xcelsior CHARGE" Standard Electric Low Floor 

0011-0015 (05) Mike Quill 

• Lease Group B.) Proterra BE40 "Catalyst" Standard Electric Low Floor  

0016-0020 (05) Grand Avenue 

New Flyer XD60 "Xcelsior" Low Floor Articulated (Most of the base order assignments are temporary, pending delivery of option buses for both NYCT, and MTABC, as well as the subsequent return of loaned buses to NYCT) 

5987-6286 (NYCT) & (MTA) 

5987-5994, 6044-6092 even (33) LaGuardia 

5995-6029, 6083-6093 odd, 6094, 6095, 6097 (44) Casey Stengel

6030-6042 even, 6110-6124 even (15) John F. Kennedy

6031, 6096, 6098-6109, 6111, 6113, 6115 (18) Mike Quill

6033-6081 odd (25) Tuskegee (100th St)

6117, 6119, 6123, 6125 (04) Flatbush for training, pending implementation and fleet conversion from Nova LFSA to  New Flyer XD60

**options for TA(108) and BC(53) 

6126-6233 (108) 51 for Clara Hale M15+, 57 for Flatbush B44+ &  B46+

6234-6286 (53) 43 for Q52+/Q53+ @ LaGuardia, JFK, and Far Rockaway Depots. 10 for service expansion.

NovaBus TL-62102A Low Floor Articulated (Base order delivery complete. Option order pending. All buses being delivered in SBS scheme with the exception of 5567-5602. These buses will have a base wrap over SBS paint.)

5439-5530 (NYCT)

5439-5467 (29) Mike Quill

5468-5482 (15) Gun Hill

5483-5530 (48) Mike Quill

options 

5531-5566 (36) Gun Hill

5567-5602 (36) Mike Quill 

New Flyer XN60 "Xcelsior" Low Floor CNG Articulated (Delivery in progress, assignments revised)

1000-1109 (NYCT) 

1000-1030, 1032-1072 (72) West Farms

1031, 1073-1109 (38) Jackie Gleason

New Flyer XD40 "Xcelsior" Low Floor (Options Awarded - Delivery underway for NYCT and to begin 2019 for MTA Bus.) Please note the assignments have been modified post L-Train, and are now effective as of February 1, 2019. (Fleet numbers to be revised)

7484-7875 (NYCT) & (MTA) 

(61) Jamaica  7484, 7487-7508, 7572   

(43) Mike Quill  7573-7594 

(65) Fresh Pond  7508-7519 

(48) Flatbush  7615-7662 

(54) East New York  7663-7684 

(35) Grand Avenue  7520-7530

(21) West Farms  7544-7551 

(40) Ulmer Park 7531-7535, 7537, 7539-7543, 7552, 7553

***This is part of the 618 Standard 40 Foot option order (See above for details)***

7851-7875 (pending 25) MTA Bus

NovaBus TL-40102A Low Floor (Delivery to begin February 2017)

8504-8754 (NYCT) 

(64) Queens Village  

(77) Yukon  

(50) Gun Hill 

(60) Kingsbridge 

Buses are expected to be delivered in the order above, but does not mean full allotments in order. Just delivery starting order.

***This is part of the 618 Standard 40 Foot option order

New Flyer XDE40 "Xcelsior" Low Floor Diesel-Electric Hybrid (Awarded Delivery almost complete- 5 Allison units, 5 BAE units)  Note Grand Avenue depot was selected for initial test and evaluation as that depot now serves as Bus Operations Engineering Headquarters. These buses will serve as Test & Evaluation pilot models that will be used to decide the configuration for the confirmed future order of 275 hybrid buses. Please Note this could be a split award between New Flyer and Nova. Evaluation is scheduled to wrap up at the end of 2019, with production buses to begin construction in December 2019. Pilot testing is in the final phase, which is spec design of the production buses. At this time, the buses will now begin evaluation at other depots.

9500, 9503, 9505, 9507 (04) Grand Avenue 

9501, 9502, 9508, 9509 (04) Mike Quill

9504 - Allison Audit Bus, 9506 - BAE Audit Bus (02) NFI

9500-9504 feature the new Allison H 40 EP Hybrid system.

9505-9509 feature the new BAE Systems HDS200 Series-E HybriDrive, which is the successor to the hybrid we currently have on the Orion VII hybrids.

Projected follow up order fleet numbers:

9510-9784 (275) (NYCT) 

New Flyer XE60 "Xcelsior CHARGE” Low Floor Articulated AEB  (This is the MTA’s first production order for AEB’s or All-Electric Buses. Starting July 2019, Installation of MTA Purchased depot chargers will begin, and replace the current chargers leased from NFI. This order will not have a pilot bus or pilot buses, as 0011 serves at such for all technical purposes. This order will have a “Lead Bus” which is scheduled to arrive in September of 2019. The rest of the buses are planned to commence delivery beginning in November 2019, with the balance on TA property in January 2020. Please not that MTA has been offered an incentive to speed up the delivery. Sources say NFI will plan on having all the buses delivered by years end. This would mean NFI will have the lead bus ready for audit inspection in as little as 6 months.) 

4950-4964 (15) Mike Quill for M14+

Please note 1-3 of theses buses will be eventually used for duty cycle testing throughout all 5 boroughs on various routes out of multiple depots, to evaluated both electric operations and articulated electric operations in other areas. This will help MTA gather data to help with deployment and analysis for the pending order of 45 standard AEB’s.

Notice: Dates of award, delivery schedule, depot assignments, fleet numbers and all technical details subject to change without notice. All information will be updated accordingly.

Preliminary Upcoming Transfers, Purchases & Retirements through FY2022...

MTA Bus

-Transfer Thirty-Three (33) 2006 DaimlerChrysler Orion 07.501 Gen-II+ Hybrids by 2020 from NYCB.

-Order 25 New 40-foot Buses for 2021 delivery.

-53 New 60-foot Buses for 2019-2020 delivery.

-Order 257 New 45-foot Commuter Buses for 2021 delivery, with the first 174 arriving in 2020.

-Retire all 2002 MCI D4500 Commuter Coaches by the end of 2020

-Retire all 2004 MCI D4500CL Commuter Coaches by the end of 2020.

-Retire Two Hundred-Thirty Seven (237) 2005 MCI D4500CL Commuter Coaches by the end of 2020, with 154-units going by the end of 2019.

NYC Bus

-Order 275 New 40-Foot Hybrid Buses for 2021 delivery, with the first 77 arriving in 2020.

-Order 45 New 40-Foot Electric Buses for 2021 delivery, with the first 6 arriving in 2020.

-Order 50 New 45-foot Commuter Buses for 2020 delivery.

-15 New 60-Foot Articulated XE60 AEB for 2019-2020 delivery.

-Retire all 1998-99 Nova Bus Model T80206 RTS by the end of 2019.

-Retire all 2002-04 DaimlerChrysler Orion 07.501 Gen-I Hybrids by the end of 2019.

-Retire all 2003-04 DaimlerChrysler Orion 07.501 Gen-II CNGs by early 2019.

-Retire all 2005 DaimlerChrysler Orion 07.501 Gen-II Hybrids by 2020, with the first 158 retired by the end of 2019.

-Retire all 2006 DaimlerChrysler Orion 07.501 Gen-II+ Hybrids by 2020.

-Retire all 2007 DaimlerChrysler Orion 07.501 Gen-II+ Hybrids by 2021, with the first 75 retired by the end of 2020.

-Retire all 2008 Daimler Orion 07.501 Next Generation/Gen-III Hybrids by the end of 2022, with the first 158 retired by the end of 2021.

-Retire all 2002-03 New Flyer Galaxy Articulated (D60HF) by mid-2019.

-Retire all 2002 MCI D4500 Commuter Coaches by the end of 2020.

-Retire all 2007 MCI D4500CL Commuter Coaches by the end of 2022, with the first 28 retired by the end of 2020.

For more in-depth details about the current bus fleet, please reference the TTMG MTA Bus Fleet Summary.

Depots (Major Projects Only)

*East New York - MTA Surface Transit Headquarters- Currently in the final stages of exterior construction, the brand new state-of-the-art facility for the merged bus operations of NYCTA and MTABC. The new building will be located and constructed at the East New York Bus Depot site, which currently serves as MTA's Surface Transit Operations Headquarters. This facility will feature brand new bus dispatch capabilities which will be merged with MTABC, as all buses across the fleet will have their radios replaced for one common system. This will begin the much awaited official merger of New York City Transit's TA and OA divisions with that of MTA Bus Company. All buses will also have their fare-boxes replaced for units that will be common to both Transit and Bus Co.

In addition to the new command center being scheduled for full operations by Summer 2020 , ENY depot is currently being modified to house and maintain articulated buses. The depot is scheduled to be rehabbed, and artic ready by June 2020 as well.

MTA expects all NYCT and MTAB systems (Radios, Fareboxes, Command, Operations) to be merged completely by January 2021 when the new unified radio system is scheduled to go online. The radio pilot testing will begin in Spring 2019 in Staten Island

**See photos of the new command center below. Updated photos of the newly complete building coming soon.

*Jackie Gleason - In an ongoing effort to increase capacity along the heaviest used bus lines, Gleason underwent modification for articulated bus operations. The B35 line was converted to full-time artic operation in September 2018. The depot also began a complete upgrade of its CNG facility and components. This depot upgrade and rehab is scheduled to be complete by April 2019.

*Jamaica - Construction of the new Jamaica Depot is now in the final phase of planning. These discussions include the finalization of the design, the acquisition site preparation, and the overall logistics of the new depot. The official project completion date is now expected for 2020 even though it is currently behind schedule. The existing depot will be demolished, and a new expanded building will be replaced in the current location along with newly purchased property adjacent to lot in order to facilitate expansion, and articulated bus operations. Preliminary plans for for the closing of the depot to be "transitional," so service will not be interrupted in any type of major ways. Final depot design is slightly behind schedule and now expected to begin the completion process in Summer 2019.

*Manhattanville - Preliminary reports now show MTA will soon begin the planning for upgrades of the Manhattanville Depot in the West Harlem section of Manhattan also known as Manhattanville. These upgrades will make it the "greenest" depot in New York City. In short, the depot will be transformed into a state-of-the-are High Energy Efficient Facility. Additional details coming soon. The project is expected to be complete in the Spring of 2020. As MV was one of the first depots to feature an all-alternative-energy fleet, it will be one of the first to implement the next hybrids, as well as future electric bus models.

23065B49-5851-41BC-855B-409737801239.jpeg

New Command Center photos courtesy of ENY, ENY Depot, and MTA Bus Operations.

04AC6600-F7E2-47FB-985E-B3D665361D9E.jpeg

FAC60B6C-EA1B-473C-BD6E-19C7C75387E0.jpeg

9193A214-FFEB-4CD7-B997-B45997D49157.jpeg

B50EFF3F-D158-4758-B868-EEBFC021B77D.jpeg

F815F497-89CA-4118-B4F8-C40B7D52B1F3.jpeg

15F17039-6ECC-410B-BE96-002E5677A61D.jpeg

BD38624E-7E47-4DD4-8A93-96CBF36A31C1.jpeg

43BE8453-5EAB-4FCE-8249-8735F53E88FE.jpeg

89D6ED20-DCF4-43E5-86DF-230B50E6DA8D.jpeg

4E7ADD75-B3ED-49C8-A44A-3C682D233AD3.jpeg

285A2A5E-517C-45F4-8C6D-1CAD0AC608DC.jpeg

BA4EB21D-0DBD-4D72-9F23-CE8187692352.jpeg

04FA871D-9BA7-49FE-A542-76E4D74D83AC.jpeg

28AAD512-43C2-4E52-8A94-BFFD0B64462A.jpeg

I think this should be updated

4 minutes ago, djtoro7 said:

I saw a NG (4430) on the B25 yesterday on my way to work. Is that the only NG on the ENY roster?

East New York has 3997 also. 

4409 is on a long term loan from Flatbush. That’s also in East New York. They should be getting more from Grand Avenue soon and possibly The Bronx. 

Edited by Future ENY OP