MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

4950-4964, the XE60 fleet is officially in the system. Now, it's a matter of when they'll show up.

8 buses remain in the LFS order, 8504-8507, 8747, 8749, 8750 and 8754.

Excellent. I look forward to them hitting the streets (especially those XE60s).

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Calvin said:

The XD-40s that West Farms have may decrease as soon as the Bx35 hits its artic debut on September 1st. 

For real? I thought they were going to stick around for the Bronx Redesign. Did they figure out the fleet and Depot assignments for both the Bx35 articulation and the Bronx Redesign?

Also, with that September 1st artic launch date, did they test the artic buses to see if they will be able to handle not only 167th Street, but also Jennings Street and Bryant Avenue (since the route may go over there depending on how the redesign goes).

16 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

It appears that Jamaica has taken some. There’s a possibility that some may go Ulmer Park bound. (not 100% on that yet). 

I was told that 13 of them are going to Jamaica and Jamaica is going to push out some 2015 LFS buses to Yukon. Let’s see what happens.

6 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

I was told that 13 of them are going to Jamaica and Jamaica is going to push out some 2015 LFS buses to Yukon. Let’s see what happens.

Hm, I thought that it would be East New York since the 05 Hybrids are to be off the list. Probably wait till Labor Day occurs. 

15 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Hm, I thought that it would be East New York since the 05 Hybrids are to be off the list. Probably wait till Labor Day occurs. 

Looking like that may not be the possibility on this one. ENY may end up getting NG’s from Grand along with Fresh Pond the way things are looking. Let’s see throughout this week what will happen. 

This was an artic on the Bx35 today in the morning it did 2 trips. But anyways on that I just wanna say that it was been noted that WFs wasn't gonna keep those XD40s for too long only for short period of time and it makes sense for them to get pushed out now due to the Bx35 articulation so I'm glad things are going back on track with this. 

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Looking like that may not be the possibility on this one. ENY may end up getting NG’s from Grand along with Fresh Pond the way things are looking. Let’s see throughout this week what will happen. 

I can definitely  see FP getting more this week from Grand while those 2005 old gens get retired it makes full since same thing for ENY although I could possibly  see CS pushing them out to ENY even tho some is going to QV but I'm trying to make logical sense of this even tho it makes no sense but I'm just saying I said CS with giving ENY next gens because in my mind I dont think that would be enough for eny sense Next gens are going out the door from Grand and with them having 68 those are just aren't enough to hold down on pond or eny thata why I'm saying CS to help fill in on eny with the depart of OGs but who knows but it was a stupid thing of me to think of so idk but I will have to wait next week to see what transfer will happen next.

16 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

This was an artic on the Bx35 today in the morning it did 2 trips. But anyways on that I just wanna say that it was been noted that WFs wasn't gonna keep those XD40s for too long only for short period of time and it makes sense for them to get pushed out now due to the Bx35 articulation so I'm glad things are going back on track with this. 

Its great that the XD40 order is almost back on track with this, but I though that that the XD40s were going to stay a while to rush the retirement of older buses at the time? Why would the XD40s be pushed out of the depot for the Bx35 articulation. Wouldn't it make sense to push out some of the C40LFs there to Jackie Gleason to allow them to increase service on routes in Brooklyn?

16 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Its great that the XD40 order is almost back on track with this, but I though that that the XD40s were going to stay a while to rush the retirement of older buses at the time? Why would the XD40s be pushed out of the depot for the Bx35 articulation. Wouldn't it make sense to push out some of the C40LFs there to Jackie Gleason to allow them to increase service on routes in Brooklyn?

That would make sense but WFs sent some XN60s to The B35 for the increase on that route for the summer so I'm pretty sure JG is good for now but who knows they could end up doing that. And I cant say much for the process on the XD40s at Farms as of now they are leaving the bronx (finally) and is going to anywhere at this point.

Just now, Ultimategamer12c said:

That would make sense but WFs sent some XN60s to The B35 for the increase on that route for the summer so I'm pretty sure JG is good for now but who knows they could end up doing that. And I cant say much for the process on the XD40s at Farms as of now they are leaving the bronx (finally) and is going to anywhere at this point.

Well they should send some buses over to Brooklyn to expand the fleet and increase service, although honestly, THIS was the fleet expansion I was hoping for:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_B8Hu1hRaZ4hjToejxvy-FDPlBGSxEn3k_sW1-Vfc64/edit?usp=sharing

Also, did they/will they figure how the articulated buses are going to handle Jennings Street, Bryant Avenue, and West Farms Road for the Bx35 (eventually)?

20 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

The same way standard buses do, but with a tighter turning radius.

Okay. However, I do feel that this will cause some parking losses on Jennings Street, West Farms Road, and Bryant Avenue (the current Bx11 does not even serve Bryant Avenue). How many parking spots they may lose for the new section.

Also, why are they having the route go artic now? Can’t they just wait until the redesign ones into effect to have all the changes occur at once? 

22 minutes ago, limitednyc said:

Because they have the Artis available and need to retire the hybrids.

Exactly. I don’t get what people are finding hard to understand.

We need more 40 foot buses to replace older fleet, we have extra articulated buses, the Bx35 works best for having articulated buses. Therefore the Bx35 won’t use any more 40 foot buses and West Farms could lose a few to a depots that could use them more.

It’s a win, win, win. 🏆

28 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

We need more 40 foot buses to replace older fleet, we have extra articulated buses, the Bx35 works best for having articulated buses. Therefore the Bx35 won’t use any more 40 foot buses and West Farms could lose a few to a depots that could use them more.

It’s a win, win, win. 🏆

same thing goes for the q12

34 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

It’s a win, win, win. 🏆

Unless it's winter with a snow warning

8 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Unless it's winter with a snow warning

True, but my point was that Bx35 will only use articulated buses on a normal basis.

Normally, the Bronx doesn’t use 2015 XD40’s, but last year they got a few loaned from Ulmer Park due to a snow warning (as you said).

Edited by Snorunts

4 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Well they should send some buses over to Brooklyn to expand the fleet and increase service, although honestly, THIS was the fleet expansion I was hoping for:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_B8Hu1hRaZ4hjToejxvy-FDPlBGSxEn3k_sW1-Vfc64/edit?usp=sharing

Also, did they/will they figure how the articulated buses are going to handle Jennings Street, Bryant Avenue, and West Farms Road for the Bx35 (eventually)?

That link you gave is pretty interesting  I took a look it all though some depo's need fixing but other then that nice assumption. For the Bx35 thing yes they all ready figured it out to make artics run on the Route  plus they removed some stops as well not to mention that 3 attics was on the Bx35 again today this time in the afternoon  so WFs could be putting artics on that route all the way until the official  date if I'm correct on this I'd wish the same for the B38 and Q12 but for the Q12 an artic  was actually  testing along flushing from what Ik so there getting ready same thing with Grand I've seen a XD60 test along tillary.

11 hours ago, Snorunts said:

It’s a win, win, win. 🏆

Actually....

Articulation of routes usually mean service cuts, so there will be less buses running on the line

WF losing 40 footers means bad news during the winter season, which means they're gonna have to borrow more buses around that time

So its more like a lose-lose scenario