MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

It's 48 XD60s to Hale, 29 to Flatbush and 31 to Quill. Quill should lose about half their allotment to Flatbush, once the XE60s are delivered. 

What’s with the cut in the number of buses for Hale and Flatbush? I know the M14 SBS changed everything, but I thought 21 XD60s, plus 15 XE60s, and the 113 LFSAs would be enough for Quill and their goodie bag for SBS routes? Aren’t the LFSAs in rotation with every SBS route in their garage?

Why 29 for Flatbush and 48 for Hale? Did the requirements for the B44 SBS and M15 SBS go down? What ever happened to EXPANDING service?

B44 SBS - Regular Weekday Service Levels Restored (New Schedule Cover and Format)

Early AM service will operate more frequent.

AM Rush service will operate every 5-6 minutes instead of every 7-8 minutes.

Weekdays (9 AM-11:20 AM): Service will operate every 10 minutes instead of every 8-9 minutes.

AM Rush service south of Avenue U will operate every 9-16 minutes instead of every 6-8 minutes.

More frequent service will operate in the evening.

4 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

B44 SBS - Regular Weekday Service Levels Restored (New Schedule Cover and Format)

Early AM service will operate more frequent.

AM Rush service will operate every 5-6 minutes instead of every 7-8 minutes.

Weekdays (9 AM-11:20 AM): Service will operate every 10 minutes instead of every 8-9 minutes.

AM Rush service south of Avenue U will operate every 9-16 minutes instead of every 6-8 minutes.

More frequent service will operate in the evening.

summer to fall 39 runs to 43 runs, their were 50 in the winter.

On 8/31/2019 at 4:24 PM, Bill from Maspeth said:

"Consistently"?   I post here quite inconsistently.  There are guys who post at least 10 times a day here!

There is a difference between number blocks being saved and the actual registration with DMV.  The buses are registered with DMV when they arrive here.

Sorry I bruised your ego.  Man up!

Don’t have one I definitely touched yours tho 😭😭, get your clout on my friend. That the reason I only post 10 times I learned don’t talk common sense on here. 

My last post to you don’t wanna send the grown child into a frenzy this is off topic.

Edited by Nova Fly Guy

13 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Why 29 for Flatbush and 48 for Hale? Did the requirements for the B44 SBS and M15 SBS go down? What ever happened to EXPANDING service?

Read his post over again...

Quill should lose about half their allotment to Flatbush, once the XE60s are delivered. 

Once Quill receives XE60s, they'll be sending 16 XD60s (since they currently have 31) to Flatbush.

So the final allotment would be 48 Hale, 45 Flatbush, 15 Quill and Quill will end up with 15 XE60s, 15 XD60s and 113 LFSAs.

17 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Once Quill receives XE60s, they'll be sending 16 XD60s (since they currently have 31) to Flatbush.

So the final allotment would be 48 Hale, 45 Flatbush, 15 Quill and Quill will end up with 15 XE60s, 15 XD60s and 113 LFSAs.

To add on that, Flatbush may keep the current LFSAs when the XD-60 number hits 29 until the XE60s are at Quill

Edited by Calvin

14 minutes ago, NBTA said:

There’s some sort of Electric/Hybrid Xcelsior bus inside of the Zerega plant, passed by it twice in the past week and it hasn’t moved, can anyone confirm what it is?

Is it an XE60? Because those are supposed to be coming in during the last few months of this year. 

25 minutes ago, B53RICH said:

Where are the CS 4700's assigned to the Q12? None are running at this moment.

There at Stengel lot for now. Word on the road is that there were breakdown problems found on this specific batch (2012 XD-60s), so, it needs to be sorted out. 

Edited by Calvin

20 hours ago, Calvin said:

There at Stengel lot for now. Word on the road is that there were breakdown problems found on this specific batch (2012 XD-60s), so, it needs to be sorted out. 

Nope, the majority are OOS because they found bedbugs in almost all of the buses.

5 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Nope, the majority are OOS because they found bedbugs in almost all of the buses.

This makes since being that Kingsbridge had a bed bug problem when the D60’s where around in the winter and Casey Stengel’s allotment did come from kingsbridge 

49 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

2020-2024 Capital Program

Bus Replacement:

375 Standard Electric Buses

713 Standard Buses

100 Articulated Electric Buses

245 Articulated Buses

115 Express Buses

This is going to be one interesting batch . I wonder what the fuel type will the non-electric buses run on, aside from the possible diesel buses for the express order. Will it be Hybrid buses? Fuel Cell? CNG possibly for fleet replacement? Oh the world may never know yet.