MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

As of today I received a memo from another co-worker at ENY depot that they are starting construction work for Articulated revision.

Yeah I can confirm this as well...I was at Rockaway station today saw a ARTIC in training doing A dry run on  the b82 route 

On 1/23/2020 at 10:40 PM, john smythe said:

does anybody have know if the designline busses are still in asset pool?

WHere are they located?

Thanks, I need parts, building a power source from the batts and turbine.

The designline fleet have returned to the manufacturer after failing numerous tests and having numerous problems.

54 minutes ago, limitednyc said:

whats the story with up is at artic ready . or will the b1 have to be transfer.

Your answer in bold. 

On 1/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, Cait Sith said:

Can confirm(I went to 226). The Q10 also had school trippers from 226 to 150th Avenue.

---------------------
Word is that the B1 WILL be retained at Ulmer Park.....

NOW is the time we can start asking questions, because I have a few myself...

9 minutes ago, Railfanner Mario said:

So Speaking of artic it look like the Q70 is getting prepared for it since this is the 7th day in a row a artic is running on it

The Q70 has had at least 1 artic running for quite a while. Although, yes it is scheduled to be converted soon. However, let’s fully wait and see if it’s up for April pick. 

On 1/31/2020 at 3:57 PM, Future ENY OP said:

The Q70 has had at least 1 artic running for quite a while. Although, yes it is scheduled to be converted soon. However, let’s fully wait and see if it’s up for April pick. 

I've been wondering about this too and have observed the one (seemingly random) articulated running along the line as I take the line frequently. Ridership surely does demand for a longer bus most of the time and I've had to let a bus pass before getting on.

What I'd love to know: are those 6000s that are supposedly staying at LGA still being loaned to MTA Bus? As these buses still have "New York City Transit" stickers on the side and I've heard before that MTA Bus has to pay for these buses until they're finished being loaned. Would love to have a clarification on this and definitely looking forward to the relief of longer buses!!

Edited by 4P3607
Typo

So today, I was on 5903, a 2012 Novabus LFS Artic based out of OH. During its run on the M103, the third door located in the rear malfunctioned. It took at least 30 seconds before the door was normal. Whenever it does that, the bus operator turns off the vehicle, and turns it back on to resolve the issue. I wanted to ask, since that I rode the LFS Artics most of the time, if there are similar units that had issues like this, or that bus operators had issues with the doors on the LFS Artics? That was not the first time that this happened. I encountered these instances a few times in 2019 on some units.

Edited by RSMG106

1 hour ago, RSMG106 said:

So today, I was on 5903, a 2012 Novabus LFS Artic based out of OH. During its run on the M103, the third door located in the rear malfunctioned. It took at least 30 seconds before the door was normal. Whenever it does that, the bus operator turns off the vehicle, and turns it back on to resolve the issue. I wanted to ask, since that I rode the LFS Artics most of the time, if there are similar units that had issues like this, or that bus operators had issues with the doors on the LFS Artics? That was not the first time that this happened. I encountered these instances a few times in 2019 on some units.

Same thing happened when I was on a Novabus LFS (I think it was 8087) on the Q17 about a year ago.

Edited by Snorunts

Speaking of NovaBus problems, Montreal has had more than its share:

Some of Montreal's new hybrid buses sent back to factory for repairs:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/some-of-montreals-new-hybrid-buses-sent-back-to-factory-for-repairs

Many of the hybrid buses in the STM's first major order had a defect:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/many-of-the-hybrid-buses-in-the-stms-first-major-order-had-a-defect

I hope NYC has better luck when the LFS hybrids arrive.

28 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Here's pics of our new Prevosts from the Altoona report. This bus looks like MTA spec but I'm unsure if Prevost numbered it 6317 or if ours will actually use that number series.

That's the last 4 digits of the VIN number: 2PCJ33493JC736317

It was built in April 2018 and tested from April 1, 2019 to October 4.