MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Are u kidding? This bus looks GOOD. Only part that looks weird is the yellow/light blue stripes going up towards the roof in the front, it cuts at the window line, and the finish cannot be seen because the window design goes up to the roof. I thought they would've customized that part, and probably do something similar to the Hudson Link design where those two colors would wrap back down, but other than that; these colors are everything! 

Compare to that Greyhound tho...soooo much classier. For me the blue is too bright, the yellow is too loud, and the wrap makes everything flatter since it doesn't reflect like paint. When I think of a nice tasteful but colorful scheme, I think of what we had on the Fishbowl expresses – dark blue and light blue, MTA colors. The Cuomo scheme with the stripes just doesn't fit for me, especially on an express.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/17/2020 at 11:03 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Are u kidding? This bus looks GOOD. Only part that looks weird is the yellow/light blue stripes going up towards the roof in the front, it cuts at the window line, and the finish cannot be seen because the window design goes up to the roof. I thought they would've customized that part, and probably do something similar to the Hudson Link design where those two colors would wrap back down, but other than that; these colors are everything! 

Nah......that bus looks like trash, and after seeing full body pics of it myself before it came to Secaucus...it still hasn't changed my mind. The wrap itself is just bad. Color does not make up for how bad that bus looks.

Hopefully it doesn't ride like trash like the 2500s. The front end is literally a combination of the D4500CT and Designline ECOCoach, not very innovative...

On 6/17/2020 at 12:24 PM, MHV9218 said:

Compare to that Greyhound tho...soooo much classier. For me the blue is too bright, the yellow is too loud, and the wrap makes everything flatter since it doesn't reflect like paint. When I think of a nice tasteful but colorful scheme, I think of what we had on the Fishbowl expresses – dark blue and light blue, MTA colors. The Cuomo scheme with the stripes just doesn't fit for me, especially on an express.

Whenever I think of schemes like that on a motorcoach, this company always comes to mind. It's always the charter companies that have the best schemes lol.rsz_dsc_2695.thumb.jpg.b8eadb7032bd3e2f88dfe0f8fc382709.jpg

or, if you wanna talk about transit agencies, MTS is up there when it comes to having tasteful schemes....

MTS Bus

Edited by Cait Sith

On 6/17/2020 at 10:21 AM, MHV9218 said:

Hmm.......tacky! This livery is just too busy for an express commuter imo. Plus it looks like a wrap again, which is always worse.

The new livery is terrible no matter what bus its on. The white and blue was plain and simple and looked quite nice. All the exterior body work the MTA has been doing lately is just a waste of money.

Also why do the express routes need such extravegant vehicles? Why cant they use the same buses the local routes use and charge less (possible $4-4.50).

1 hour ago, happy283 said:

The new livery is terrible no matter what bus its on. The white and blue was plain and simple and looked quite nice. All the exterior body work the MTA has been doing lately is just a waste of money.

Also why do the express routes need such extravegant vehicles? Why cant they use the same buses the local routes use and charge less (possible $4-4.50).

They did use the same buses as the local fleet (but with express bus seats) until the late 90s when they switched over to MCI's. The MCI/Prevost offers more seating capacity and are more comfortable than transit buses.

In the afternoon, I was on the M102 route to the East Village on unit #6035, and I noticed something unique. That unit has a longer chime than the other XD60s from NYCT(NYCT). This has to do with the essential service where I think TA decided to edit the chime to make it louder. I'm not sure if this is true if the other units have it, or that it is just me.

9 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

In the afternoon, I was on the M102 route to the East Village on unit #6035, and I noticed something unique. That unit has a longer chime than the other XD60s from NYCT(NYCT). This has to do with the essential service where I think TA decided to edit the chime to make it louder. I'm not sure if this is true if the other units have it, or that it is just me.

What chime?

ef308a693bbc2efafd5273e88ca84398.png.1f76cce596d55319ae9111a4af4aa575.png

Well, here's something that flew under the radar. It appears that one half of the hybrid option order is being taken. Now, we just wait and see if they'll take the other half from Nova.

If so, consider all of the OGs at NYCB toast, and expect to see some 3800s and 3900s shifted over to MTA Bus.

Edited by Cait Sith

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

Well, here's something that flew under the radar. It appears that one half of the hybrid option order is being taken. Now, we just wait and see if they'll take the other half from Nova.

If so, consider all of the OGs at NYCB toast, and expect to see some 3800s and 3900s shifted over to MTA Bus.

Wasn't the option supposed to be an additional 110 for NF or did that get shelved?

3 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Wasn't the option supposed to be an additional 110 for NF or did that get shelved?

110 is the base order of NFs. 110 NFs and 165 Novas = 275 hybrids.

I'll have to look through my old documents and check.

On 6/24/2020 at 12:10 AM, Cait Sith said:

What about MTA bus? Any news yet on what’s going to be replacing the 2006 and 2007 Orion VII’s?

14 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Once again, dumb ole DOB sending various XD40s out of UP to random depots. Sending 71xxs to FB when they can send FB back the 73xxs. They're sending 71xxs to FP when they can send the 72xx over there. 

We need to reform DOB as well, because WTF.  

Once again they mess up the transfers for these bus depots smh but I guess at this point it wouldn't  mater what goes where as long as the buses are transferred to the depots that lost buses to spoiled ulmer.

28 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

I know everyone's OCD is being triggered (mine is) but at the end of the day an XD40 is an XD40. It doesn't matter which bus is transferred, as long as it's useful.

i love these individuals... "messed up transfers"... according to WHO... person(s) who have NO CLUE about the mileage accumulated by any of these unit numbers while UP or any other yard... what percentage of wear/tear/damage has been accumulated while at whatever yard, which would potentially determine if the bus should/would be eligible for transfer from one yard to another (yes, depots won't accept or release buses with a certain amount of wear or tear, believe it or not) small minded thinking, folks. gotta grow outta that shit. 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

28 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

i love these individuals... "messed up transfers"... according to WHO... person(s) who have NO CLUE about the mileage accumulated by any of these unit numbers while UP or any other yard... what percentage of wear/tear/damage has been accumulated while at whatever yard, which would potentially determine if the bus should/would be eligible for transfer from one yard to another (yes, depots won't accept or release buses with a certain amount of wear or tear, believe it or not) small minded thinking, folks. gotta grow outta that shit. 

Calm down, everything doesn't need to be an angry debate. Obviously I know it's mileage but sheesh can my OCD be triggered. I've been here long enough to understand what goes on, yall should know that. Just let me vent haha.

39 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

The problem here is that these OCD kids expect everything to be uniformed. If you never parked a truck or a bus alone than we have a big problem Houston.  All these moves have already been approved by the Department of Buses.  Most of these moves are determined by bus mileage and not what is uniformed to a depot.  Also as you indicated @EastFlatbushLarry wear and tear of a bus can be a important factor to which a bus can be moved. 

Once again, dumb ole DOB sending various XD40s out of UP to random depots. Sending 71xxs to FB when they can send FB back the 73xxs. They're sending 71xxs to FP when they can send the 72xx over there. 

Fam, it’s not about reform DOB. YOU GOTTA UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM. THESE MOVES WERE ALREADY PRE-DETERMINED AND APPROVED PRIOR TO THIS WEEKEND. Again, not everything needs to be uniformed. We may disagree what DOB does. However, at the end of the day an XD40 is a XD40 and that’s it. 

Just confirmed it! Flatbush losing some of the 7600’s to ENY as we get some of 7100’s from UP. If you ask me that's totally BULL!!!!!!!! I knew this would happen sooner or later!

21 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

The problem here is that these OCD kids expect everything to be uniformed. If you never parked a truck or a bus alone than we have a big problem Houston.  All these moves have already been approved by the Department of Buses.  Most of these moves are determined by bus mileage and not what is uniformed to a depot.  Also as you indicated @EastFlatbushLarry wear and tear of a bus can be a important factor to which a bus can be moved. 

It's only uniformed when buses are delivered (brand new) so, they can keep count how many are at the depot (also assigned). Wait few years later, mileage is your answer. 

Edited by Calvin

5 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Just confirmed it! Flatbush losing some of the 7600’s to ENY as we get some of 7100’s from UP. If you ask me that's totally BULL!!!!!!!! I knew this would happen sooner or later!

Dammmmmmmm. Didn’t see that coming. What’s next. 

@Flatbush SBS Duece: Something tells me that management didn’t fight for this. You make mention once a upon of time that 7600’s may leave. Now I wonder when ENY gets artics. Those 76xx may go FP. 

Edited by Future ENY OP