MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, T J Trainman said:

i see at least 65-70 LFS HEVs going to QV to push out the 68 and 6900s.

It makes QV almost all Nova LFS with 2 different types. They do have the oldest ones of all of Queens depots operated by NYCTA

Edited by FLX9304

22 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

What are they replacing in The Bronx and nothing is official until the bus is officially made and the numbers are in place. 

I heard that they will be going to the bronx only and push out all the Orion NGs to Brooklyn to retire all Orion OG HEVs they have. also the New Flyer XDE40s will be going to Queens Village, East New York, Manhattanville, Jamaica, Fresh Pond, and Grand Avenue depots.

14 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I’ve learned one thing on this board is to not speculate or give assumptions until everything is set in stone. It seems that people are forgetting that everything with the (MTA) is subject to change.  (I will leave it at that).  Keep speculating 🤔

Exactly. None of the assignments are final yet and knowing (MTA), there will be several changes on wherever they plan on sending the buses to.

Edited by Snorunts

10 hours ago, Shawn Williams said:

I heard that they will be going to the bronx only and push out all the Orion NGs to Brooklyn to retire all Orion OG HEVs they have. also the New Flyer XDE40s will be going to Queens Village, East New York, Manhattanville, Jamaica, Fresh Pond, and Grand Avenue depots.

10 hours ago, Shawn Williams said:

yeah i know Im just saying

This is why you do not speculate what goes where.....just because you heard something, doesn't mean it will happen.

The real mystery is weather Manttanville will get Nova or Flyer hybrids, as we all know the depot is 100% Orion so it can go ethier way.

Manhattanville is the new Ulmer Park in terms of going long stretches without getting new equipment. UP went from 1997 until 2010 without getting new local buses. The 5th & Madison Ave corridors is gonna look fly in a few years with Prevosts on the BXM routes and new local hybrids on the MTV routes.

3 hours ago, Shawn Williams said:

They could handle New Flyer buses too

They could handle it, but the DOB chooses if they want to assign them New Flyer buses or not. Plus, there would be a parts issue since QV has been mostly Nova for the better part of a few decades.

Edited by NBTA

7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

We don't even have the fleet numbers yet people...

Making educated guesses is fine and good but its probably best to wait for further information.

And this may be another reason why.

As we all know, 0023 was reused from the MCI to the Prevost.

Now, 0022 has been reactivated, and said bus is upstate at Plattsburgh.

This could very well be the LFS Hybrid demo.

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

It was quite interesting when Jamaica got the XD40s when they already had lots of LFS’s, but DOB makes the decisions. 

Jamaica is one of those depots that can handle multiple fleets without issue(hence why they got NGs when they were brand new), just like West Farms, Quill and a few others.