MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/3/2020 at 3:33 PM, Q39 to Ridgewood said:

I think so that the LGA drivers are used to an LFS. My friend told me that his dispatcher friend at LGA said they may get the XEs or HEV

On 10/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, Q39 to Ridgewood said:

im not saying that it WILL happen, but it could be a possibility from the information

Dispatchers, drivers, ect, they sometimes tend to be the last ones to know what's going on in terms of new buses....so don't take what they said seriously.

On 7/6/2018 at 2:51 PM, NewFlyerFan said:

On 7/6/2018 at 2:51 PM, NewFlyerFan said:

Well I did hear that the B82 is supposed to go Artic after it goes SBS but that's a long way away I think.

Well, from what I heard..(because I left NYC), East New York Depot is now under construction for articulated busses... so im assuming the articulated buses will go for the B15 and B82/82SBS, but anything could happen.

Just now, Snorunts said:

Will 9510 be another test bus or was that what 9500-9509 were for?

9510 to 9784 is the production base order, so it looks to me like they began producing the base order 40ft standard coaches. The option orders have not been paid for, and it is not certain whether there would be any option orders anyway.

1 minute ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

9510 to 9784 is the production base order, so it looks to me like they began producing the base order 40ft standard coaches. The option orders have not been paid for, and it is not certain whether there would be any option orders anyway.

There are option orders...

ef308a693bbc2efafd5273e88ca84398.png.1f7

14 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I hope the build quality on these upcoming XDE40 is better than the ones we already have... every one I been on is a rattle trap. 

They weren't like that when they were brand new. They took two years of beatdowns especially on the Q58, B47 and B60, rattling was bound to happen.

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

They weren't like that when they were brand new. They took two years of beatdowns especially on the Q58, B47 and B60, rattling was bound to happen.

I’d put the B62 in that same equation due to the ongoing construction in Downtown Brooklyn and parts of Kent Avenue currently. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but I'm currently planning to go to Queens as my first time experience with (MTA) Bus. I wanted to know if anyone can rank all of the depots from NYCT, MABSTOA, and or MTA Bus that you rode with, and give out pros and cons for me to check out which depot can be different? I will be using routes from JFK depot in and out of Manhattan, and that is the reason why I wanted to see if anyone has any answers.

Edited by RSMG106

1 hour ago, RSMG106 said:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but I'm currently planning to go to Queens as my first time experience with (MTA) Bus. I wanted to know if anyone can rank all of the depots from NYCT, MABSTOA, and or MTA Bus that you rode with, and give out pros and cons for me to check out which depot can be different? I will be using routes from JFK depot in and out of Manhattan, and that is the reason why I wanted to see if anyone has any answers.

I can compile a list of fast and slow routes per depot (from a rider stand point). Just let me get home and I'll do a Google doc for you.