MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

On 10/23/2020 at 3:00 PM, Cait Sith said:

9510 is at NEBR at JFK.

I'm not sure that I'm right, but both the LFS HEV and XDE40 orders have 4ONE Gemini seats. In addition, I counted on the amount of seats on both of the buses, and the LFS HEV has seats of 34, and possibly the XDE40s have either a seating of 37, or 39.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

I'm not sure that I'm right, but both the LFS HEV and XDE40 orders have 4ONE Gemini seats. In addition, I counted on the amount of seats on both of the buses, and the LFS HEV has seats of 34, and possibly the XDE40s have either a seating of 37, or 39.

What I’m wondering is what type of info screens are installed on the new XDE40s.
9500-9509 has Version 2, but most Xcelsiors have Version 3.

Edited by Snorunts

16 hours ago, Snorunts said:

What I’m wondering is what type of info screens are installed on the new XDE40s.
9500-9509 has Version 2, but most Xcelsiors have Version 3.

Pretty sure all new buses coming in will have Vianovas (Version 2). Disappointed that the XD60s, 6126-6286 and XE60s came with unClever Devices (Version 3). Those screens barely work properly across every depot, so it's clearly a manufacturing issue. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

10 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Pretty sure all new buses coming in will have Vianovas (Version 2). Disappointed that the XD60s, 6126-6286 and XE60s came with unClever Devices (Version 3). Those screens barely work properly across every depot, so it's clearly a manufacturing issue. 

Also disappointing how the NYCT 2015 XD40s and 2017 XN40s were retrofitted with Clever Devices.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, NBTA said:

9503, 9511 or 9560 is at the JFK plant.

9560 is already in house at JFK. That’s been there for 2 weeks. However, 9511 is definitely new and I believe 9503 is there for repairs, maintenance.  

My only question is once 9560 is certify and ready for training + in service will it go Fresh Pond or Grand Avenue? 

9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

@NBTA: 9503 at GA. not at JFK NEBR. Check the moves page. 

Yeah I saw, I only guessed what it was because I rolled past the plant on the Q10. Saw that 9503 wasn't active, so my assumption was those 3 buses. Thank you for clarifying however.

15 hours ago, ejmanalo6168 said:

Which body numbers of the newer 2015 New Flyer Xcelsior XD40 Public City Bus equipment models from the LaGuardia City Bus Depot still has the ones with the luggage racks on it?

If any still have them, they will probably be removed unless they want to use them for Q33/Q47/Q72 service.

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

Does Fresh Pond Depot still use the 2007 Orion VII Hybrids they got from East New York Depot? I have not seen or been able to track any of them in a while.

I'm not sure what's  up with those buses at FP, but they are tracking as of today but they are not in service.

8 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Does Fresh Pond Depot still use the 2007 Orion VII Hybrids they got from East New York Depot? I have not seen or been able to track any of them in a while.

They were all last in service last Thursday, except for 6825, which was last in service last Tuesday.

Preliminary assignments of the new fleet are as follows. Depot assignments were set this week, allotments were set today. SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

LFS Hybrids: Kingsbridge: 25. Manhattanville: 58. MJQ: 62. Tusgekee Airmen: 20. Options as follows, Gun Hill: 20. Manhattanville: 94. MJQ: 12
XDEs : East New York: 25. Manhattanville: 15. Hale: 45. Casey Stengel: 25.
Prevost x3-45s: BP: 8 CP: 82 ECH: 48 JK/FR: 23 LGA: 22 SC: 45 YO: 39. All 50 buses for NYC Bus is rumored to go to Meredith.
LFS Diesel OPTION ORDER: East New York: 69. Casey Stengel: 50. Jamaica: 20. Queens Village: 50. Castleton: 20.

As always, this is SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Also, 1301 is at Plattsburgh pending delivery to the service center.

Edited by Cait Sith

Fillin' in for Dante, huh? 😉

This is about to make things pretty damn interesting. Looks like Manhattanville is replacing a nice portion of the fleet with these LFS HEVs and XDEs, and an even larger portion if the option order goes through. It has been so long since Manhattanville got a genuinely new order of buses, lol. XDEs to Hale and Stengel look like they're designed to knock out the OG fleet entirely. I wonder where Tuskegee is gonna send those lead acids, too. 

If these assignments are true, most of the new buses will go to Manhattan Division while only 25 go to Brooklyn, Queens, and Bronx. Manhattan could finally get the new buses they deserve if these assignments get finalized. I am looking forward for all these buses to be delivered and see where our current buses get moved to.

34 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

This is about to make things pretty damn interesting. Looks like Manhattanville is replacing a nice portion of the fleet with these LFS HEVs and XDEs, and an even larger portion if the option order goes through. It has been so long since Manhattanville got a genuinely new order of buses, lol. XDEs to Hale and Stengel look like they're designed to knock out the OG fleet entirely. I wonder where Tuskegee is gonna send those lead acids, too. 

Had things gone well with the Designlines, that would've been their latest new batch of buses. I miss those buses.

32 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

MHV/TU/MQ/MCH  Lead acids: My guesses are Grand Avenue (GA), Fresh Pond (FP), Flatbush (FB) and Queens- (MTA) bus. 

52 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Preliminary assignments of the new fleet are as follows. Depot assignments were set this week, allotments were set today. SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

LFS Hybrids: Kingsbridge: 25. Manhattanville: 58. MJQ: 62. Tusgekee Airmen: 20. Options as follows, Gun Hill: 20. Manhattanville: 94. MJQ: 12
XDEs : East New York: 25. Manhattanville: 15. Hale: 45. Casey Stengel: 25.
Prevost x3-45s: BP: 8 CP: 82 ECH: 48 JK/FR: 23 LGA: 22 SC: 45 YO: 39. All 50 buses for NYC Bus is rumored to go to Meredith.
LFS Diesel OPTION ORDER: East New York: 69. Casey Stengel: 50. Jamaica: 20. Queens Village: 50. Castleton: 20.

As always, this is SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Also, 1301 is at Plattsburgh pending delivery to the service center.

Excellent update!

26 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Had things gone well with the Designlines, that would've been their latest new batch of buses. I miss those buses.

I still remember when we all thought they were on the verge of the order for 90. I was hearing rumors of it from all over, I think Dante was hearing the same thing from higher ups, we had a whole little thread on it lmao. That one didn't exactly pan out. Real shame.

Edit: just went back to and read through... whooo-eee were we all wrong as hell lol. But at least we all had the same wrong info at the same time!

Edited by MHV9218