MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

34 minutes ago, RapidoNewLook said:

When is Spring Creek's turn? Also, what happened to 1301, is it still in Plattsburgh?

It’s just best to wait and see. I don’t think anyone has an actual idea since things are always scheduled to change. All we know is that the MCI’s are being put to rest. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Snorunts said:

They also sent 7137-7139, 7150-7151, 7659-7662 over to East New York Depot.

They also sent down 4580-4587 to Kingsbridge and now most of that batch is also at East New York including 4588 and 4589.  My only guess is that they could be making more room for artics. Honestly, who really knows what’s going to happen at Flatbush. 

On 12/30/2020 at 9:22 PM, Calvin said:

I wonder if Flatbush Depot is short on local buses. They've given away most of the Next Gens to ENY/FP for a reason but the number keeps going down in reference to past rosters this year.

If they were short on local buses, they'd be getting loaners.

They have 213 buses in total. It sounds like they have a spare factor to a point where they are able to let some buses go.

Seems like Brooklyn in general had a huge spare factor considering the fact that they scrapped almost all the Orion VII OG’s in Brooklyn without any new buses coming in. I know the XDE40’s are coming in but there is only a few of them here and it seems that the MTA is making service with what they have!

8 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Seems like Brooklyn in general had a huge spare factor considering the fact that they scrapped almost all the Orion VII OG’s in Brooklyn without any new buses coming in. I know the XDE40’s are coming in but there is only a few of them here and it seems that the MTA is making service with what they have!

because they are running school closed scheds

• 2 weeks later...

Update on deliveries according to this month's board meeting:

Officially listed in development (from 2015-19):

• 45 40 ft all-electric buses (for NYCT)
  • 25 40 ft clean Diesel buses (for MTA Bus)

Unlisted (developing) orders (all for NYCT):

• 23 option Coaches
  • 84 option New Flyer 40 ft Hybrid buses
  • 139 option New Flyer 40 ft clean Diesel buses

Current orders (2020-21):

257 Prevost X3-45 coaches (MTA Bus):

• In service evaluation complete; production is underway
  • Replacing Bronx and Queens Coaches
  • Delivery expected to be completed by March 2022; delayed from February 2022

50 Prevost X3-45 coaches (NYCT):

• Production is underway
  • Replacing Staten Island coaches
  • Delivery expected to be completed by April 2022; delayed from March 2022

165 40 ft Nova Hybrid (NYCT):

• In service evaluation complete; production is expected to be underway with notice to proceed issued December 2020
  • Replacing Bronx and Manhattan 40 ft units
  • Delivery expected to be completed by August 2021; delayed from April 2021

126 Option 40 ft Nova Hybrid (NYCT):

• Official production is expected by February 2021
  • Delivery expected to be completed by September 2021; delayed from July 2021

110 40 ft New Flyer Hybrid (NYCT):

• In the pilot phase with 2 buses (9510/9560)
  • Replacing Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan 40 ft units
  • Delivery expected to be completed by November 2021; delayed from October 2021

209 40 ft Nova Diesel (NYCT):

• Production of the pilot bus is underway
  • Replacing Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island 40 ft units
  • Delivery expected to be completed by February 2022; delayed from December 2021
Edited by MysteriousBtrain

3 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Update on deliveries according to this month's board meeting:

Officially listed in development (from 2015-19):

• 45 40 ft all-electric buses (for NYCT)
  • 25 40 ft clean Diesel buses (for MTA Bus)

Unlisted (developing) orders (all for NYCT):

• 23 option Coaches
  • 84 option New Flyer 40 ft Hybrid buses
  • 139 option New Flyer 40 ft clean Diesel buses

Current orders (2020-21):

257 Prevost X3-45 coaches (MTA Bus):

• In service evaluation complete; production is underway
  • Replacing Bronx and Queens Coaches
  • Delivery expected to be completed by March 2022; delayed from February 2022

50 Prevost X3-45 coaches (NYCT):

• Production is underway
  • Replacing Staten Island coaches
  • Delivery expected to be completed by April 2022; delayed from March 2022

165 40 ft Nova Hybrid (NYCT):

• In service evaluation complete; production is expected to be underway with notice to proceed issued December 2020
  • Delivery expected to be completed by August 2021; delayed from April 2021

126 Option 40 ft Nova Hybrid (NYCT):

• Official production is expected by February 2021
  • Delivery expected to be completed by September 2021; delayed from July 2021

110 40 ft New Flyer Hybrid (NYCT):

• In the pilot phase with 2 buses (9510/9560)
  • Replacing Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan 40 ft units
  • Delivery expected to be completed by November 2021; delayed from October 2021

209 40 ft Nova Diesel (NYCT):

• Production of the pilot bus is underway
  • Replacing Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island 40 ft units
  • Delivery expected to be completed by February 2022; delayed from December 2021

Wait a minute... So they stated that Brooklyn (BM lines) isn't getting any of the new express buses? Only Queens and the Bronx?I knew Ulmee Park wouldn't get any, but Spring Creek has some pretty old express bus as well.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

39 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Wait a minute... So they stated that Brooklyn (BM lines) isn't getting any of the new express buses? Only Queens and the Bronx?I knew Ulmee Park wouldn't get any, but Spring Creek has some pretty old express bus as well.

Spring Creek is now part of the Queens Division and has been in the Queens Division since 2014 when it was removed from the Brooklyn Division. So technically, SC will get new buses. Right now 0023 is currently training at Spring Creek. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Spring Creek is now part of the Queens Division and has been in the Queens Division since 2014 when it was removed from the Brooklyn Division. So technically, SC will get new buses. Right now 0023 is currently training at Spring Creek. 

I forgot about that. That's why I was confused because 0023 is there. Thanks for the reminder.  

There's really a order for only 25 40FT buses for MTA Bus? That's it? lol. All those OG hybrids in MTA Bus and they only order 25 new buses for MTA Bus.

Looks like MTA Bus is gonna get a whole bunch of hand me down NGs from NYCT dumped on them, oh well, sucks for them. 

Edited by trainfan22

24 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

There's really a order for only 25 40FT buses for MTA Bus? That's it? lol. All those OG hybrids in MTA Bus and they only order 25 new buses for MTA Bus.

Looks like MTA Bus is gonna get a whole bunch of hand me down NGs from NYCT dumped on them, oh well, sucks for them. 

I don’t think those 25 buses were ever meant to replace the Old Gens... I remember hearing a while back (sometime around 2017-2018) that MTA Bus would be getting 25 buses (presumably XD40s) and they would be sending them all to Eastchester. This was around the time that ECH still had the RTS’ so I wouldn’t be surprised if the plan to send all 25 there has changed, but I guess we’ll find out in the coming months.

27 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I said the same thing too, but you know it wouldn’t be MTA bus if they didn’t get tons of hand me downs. I’m guessing the MTA is waiting to put in a massive order for MTA bus to replace all the hybrids. 

It would be interesting to see where those 25 buses go. I’m betting my money on JFK and or ECH. 

3 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

I don’t think those 25 buses were ever meant to replace the Old Gens... I remember hearing a while back (sometime around 2017-2018) that MTA Bus would be getting 25 buses (presumably XD40s) and they would be sending them all to Eastchester. This was around the time that ECH still had the RTS’ so I wouldn’t be surprised if the plan to send all 25 there has changed, but I guess we’ll find out in the coming months.

Wouldn't be shocked if that was still the plan, but I also wouldn't be shocked if those randomly go to (insert any random MTAB Depot). MTAB is due for a huge order in a year or two, so we gonna see what happens.