MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/3/2021 at 9:46 PM, 4P3607 said:

The Zerega facility on Google Maps shows quite a few Orion 1st and 2nd Gens including 6392, 6402, 6441, 6481 and a few 65/6xxs. I'm sure Maps has not been updated recently and some of those units have since been scrapped however it would be interesting if a few 2003/4/5 Hybrids have survived for driver training at Zerega and still run presently.

Yeah I noticed the same thing too. What are all the remaining Orions at Zerega that are 2002-2004(Gen-1) and 2004-2005(Gen-2)

36 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Is there any reason to post when every single LFS enters service? I mean they're all bound to do that I don't see what's the point of all of these posts to state the obvious. 

I see no problem with it.

Just show the same love to Staten Island 😂😂 

Not for nothing, these buses sat for a minute before they made service. 

42 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Is there any reason to post when every single LFS enters service? I mean they're all bound to do that I don't see what's the point of all of these posts to state the obvious. 

Also to add on all of this Manhattan Division had to train with these buses which was a good 3 weeks which included mechanics and drivers.

——————- 

Imagine getting only 3-4 buses to start off and you gotta train an entire depot. Of course those buses are not going to see the streets until most of the depot is trained in specified equipment. 

6 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

I see no problem with it.

Just show the same love to Staten Island 😂😂 

Not for nothing, these buses sat for a minute before they made service. 

On that note, 1557-1567, 1569-1570 have all been tracked on service. It was nice to catch 3 new buses back to back on the SIM15. They are easy to catch now.

1-D32-B1-EB-B507-482-E-B83-A-F883088-BFA

You know what I'm noticing. A lot of SIM1 riders on the Narrows Road portion have walked over to the SIM15 stop when it was a new bus (never saw that before). Now that I think about it. I wonder if that's why Meredith received the new buses...to attract riders to the Meredith routes to ease crowds off the other busier routes.

So idk, im making a prediction, but i'm still unsure about it so i may change it. So i heard that there's rumors of the 4300s MCIs going to CP and some prevosts pushing out MCIs from QV.  I was wondering if they are trying to make staten island fully prevost. It would make sense for them to send 2285-2303 to ECH and maybe push the best of MCIs out to CP in the meantime (because the prevost order is on hold right now for MTA bus). As for the CTS being pushed out of QV, those can maybe be a split between ECH (15) and CP (19) and by then, the best of the eastchester CLs can live another life at CP. These are predictions (and hopes).

Also, i got the rumors from a IG DM, if you were wondering.

22 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

On that note, 1557-1567, 1569-1570 have all been tracked on service. It was nice to catch 3 new buses back to back on the SIM15. They are easy to catch now.

You know what I'm noticing. A lot of SIM1 riders on the Narrows Road portion have walked over to the SIM15 stop when it was a new bus (never saw that before). Now that I think about it. I wonder if that's why Meredith received the new buses...to attract riders to the Meredith routes to ease crowds off the other busier routes.

I would flock over to a new bus too, shoot. But the 15 is an alt to the 1. They flock over to the 35 as well at that stop.

2 hours ago, ParkerTheM7 said:

So idk, im making a prediction, but i'm still unsure about it so i may change it. So i heard that there's rumors of the 4300s MCIs going to CP and some prevosts pushing out MCIs from QV.  I was wondering if they are trying to make staten island fully prevost. It would make sense for them to send 2285-2303 to ECH and maybe push the best of MCIs out to CP in the meantime (because the prevost order is on hold right now for MTA bus). As for the CTS being pushed out of QV, those can maybe be a split between ECH (15) and CP (19) and by then, the best of the eastchester CLs can live another life at CP. These are predictions (and hopes).

None of Queens Villages MCIs are leaving because first of all, there is no point of exchanging them for newer buses that are either displaced or new buses that aren't even delivered and second of all, they are 8 years old and they are young. None of the 2013 D4500CTs are going to Eastchester, only the 2008 units are going there.

23 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I personally see it as no different than announcing every single delivery in the other thread but I guess that's just my opinion.

On 5/7/2021 at 9:23 PM, ParkerTheM7 said:

& 2285-2303 are Charleston’s. They’re not going anywhere until the late 2020s, so is 2251-2284. What’s going up to ECH are 2210-2228. They will be reconditioned and operate under the MTABC brand. This order is not enough to cover 1/2 of the 3000s & the 4300s that are being replaced.

On 5/7/2021 at 9:23 PM, ParkerTheM7 said:

Stop listening to those rumors.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:12 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I'm sorry, but I highly doubt the average rider cares during the morning rush. When I alternated between the old X1 and X15, I was just trying to get whatever came first and had seats. Now if I know a bus is absolutely a mess, then I may skip it if I know my ride is going to be horrible from a comfort level, as I feel it's absurd to pay $6.75 for a crappy ride, but otherwise, I don't care. I would only take note if the bus didn't have AC repeatedly or bad shocks or horrible seats or something. I have yet to ride any of the new buses. The ones I ride now are old, but still in decent shape, so that's what matters.

Yesterday they was an incident where an motorcycle hits an bus in the Bronx. The bus that was involved in the incident was an XN40 from West Farms. Eight people were injured, with the latter being at Jacobi Hospital. I hope everybody was alright. 

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/8-hurt-when-mta-bus-catches-fire-after-being-hit-by-motorcycle-in-the-bronx/3045175/

16 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

Yesterday they was an incident where an motorcycle hits an bus in the Bronx. The bus that was involved in the incident was an XN40 from West Farms. Eight people were injured, with the latter being at Jacobi Hospital. I hope everybody was alright. 

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/8-hurt-when-mta-bus-catches-fire-after-being-hit-by-motorcycle-in-the-bronx/3045175/

The bus in question is 673 out of West Farms. Bus was on the Bx11.