MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Isnt flatbush also all NFI or do they still have some LFSA

As in the fleet right now or in the future, not at this time.

There's at least 9 LFSAs for the artic pool. Only way to become 100% NFI is if those go to Quill in exchange of the XD-60 units. 

Edited by Calvin

16 minutes ago, 4P3607 said:

Has 3119 recently been a Far Rockaway Bus or has it been at CP for a while? Could have sworn I seen this unit recently in the Rockaways although that may have been just 3118. 

3119 is a College Point bus currently.

3118 is a Spring Creek bus currently.

You may have to do some research on prior rosters to see if both units were in the rockaways prior to their current depot situation

11 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

Has 3119 recently been a Far Rockaway Bus or has it been at CP for a while? Could have sworn I seen this unit recently in the Rockaways although that may have been just 3118. 

11 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

3119 is a College Point bus currently.

3118 is a Spring Creek bus currently.

You may have to do some research on prior rosters to see if both units were in the rockaways prior to their current depot situation

3119 used to be a Far Rockaway bus, I remember riding it and seeing it on the QM15 dating back to like 7 years ago, but it went to CP a relatively short while ago (IIRC, a few months ago).

I believe it may have spent some time at Spring Creek too and some point.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

14 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

Was for a while. Then transferred to Baisley Park, when the QM4 was out of that depot along with the QM21 before the CP move. 

Edited by Calvin

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, 1train2255railfan said:

With 3999 being transferred to Fresh Pond (as per the latest post in the Deliveries, Moves and Transfers section), Fresh Pond now has every unit from 3983-3999 (minus 3989 of course)

Mhm. I have a guess maybe a 40xx unit from MHV could go to Fresh Pond. I am only referring to 4000-4011, 4013-4019, 4040-4042, and 4053-4059. I just have this thought that one of the units from these 4 sets could go to Fresh Pond. But, I don't know which one though. All we can do is wait for it to happen I guess. 

1 minute ago, MHV NG 3952 M11 said:

Mhm. I have a guess maybe a 40xx unit from MHV could go to Fresh Pond. I am only referring to 4000-4011, 4013-4019, 4040-4042, and 4053-4059. I just have this thought that one of the units from these 4 sets could go to Fresh Pond. But, I don't know which one though. All we can do is wait for it to happen I guess. 

Why do you think 4000-4019 would go to FP before 3999? 3998-3999 link up with 3983-3997.

I wonder if the 6100 XD-60s that are at Tuskegee (6113, 5 and 6) currently have to re-wrapped for local service or that they'll keep the paint and remove the SBS readings since OMNY is on all 3 doors. 

Edited by Calvin