MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9513-14 are ready with others built, the production of the Allison Hybrid System XDEs are increasing.

The option order Nova Hybrids are in production. Up to 9846 is ready with more built. 9812 is in Secaucus with a few others in the other Prevost facilities in NJ, although, I do not think those are ready for delivery just yet.

Edited by Cait Sith

43 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

9592 ran in service on the M42 yesterday, a video of it running on that route popped up on my YouTube feed. I take it MJQ operators don't need to train on these since they already have the straight diesel version of that bus? Surprised it hit service so quickly. 

Or perhaps they trained with the OF units.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

9592 ran in service on the M42 yesterday, a video of it running on that route popped up on my YouTube feed. I take it MJQ operators don't need to train on these since they already have the straight diesel version of that bus? Surprised it hit service so quickly. 

The XDs cross train with the hybrids so it's a matter of learning the differences.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

I think their training was from the demo units that was there before, 0011-15 . That's probably another case on how they were delivered and entered service in pace. 

Edited by Calvin

6 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

They did? 

Yeah, back in early 2019, some of the buses from the 9500-9509 batch were sent to Quill, and then later to Jamaica. 

Here's one on the M9 ( from February 2019):

32092923507_610915ef7e_b.jpg2018 New Flyer "Xcelsior" XDE40 9509 on the M9 at Park Row & Broadway by BM5 Photos 2019-2021, on Flickr

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

37 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Huh, totally forgot about that. I still remember when Quill had 4897-4898 for a minute as well. I guess it's just the 7000s that never made an appearance there.

If I'm not mistaken 7202 or 7205 from Grand Avenue was lend out to MQ sometime ago.. I'd have to go back to the time machine for that.

EDIT:  7205 to MQ (12/28/17) Did go to MQ for revenue service. I believe it stayed for a short time.

Edited by Future ENY OP
7205 at MQ- 12/28/17.

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

If I'm not mistaken 7202 or 7205 from Grand Avenue was lend out to MQ sometime ago.. I'd have to go back to the time machine for that.

EDIT:  7205 to MQ (12/28/17) Did go to MQ for revenue service. I believe it stayed for a short time.

Vaguely remember that now actually. In the pantheon of short-lived MJQ loans like 8795 (original) from QV...

12 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Dang, these glitches are getting insane lol. Goes to show what the fanners before bus time used to go through. 
(for anyone that’s wondering what I’m talking about, 5996-B9).

Hey, that was the fun of it! These new fanners have no idea what it was like lol. Why do you think there used to be so many photos from Borough Hall and Main St. and Parsons/Archer? You went where you had a mathematically decent change of catching something interesting. Parsons used to be a shrine to the DD50.

29 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Dang, these glitches are getting insane lol. Goes to show what the fanners before bus time used to go through. 

Visual movements of the RTS was very interesting back in the days. Especially the upper 47xx buses from Amsterdam to Ulmer Park.  45xx buses from 126th to East New York, 43xx buses from Kingsbridge to East New York, 34xx buses from Manhattanville to Gleason/Flatbush.

2 hours ago, NBTA said:

There's a Flatbush XD40 , either 7309 or 7340, which is tracking as 2629. I saw both of them on the B41 LTD together at Avenue U yesterday, but only one showed up on Bustime as the glitch, the other didn't show up at all. 

There's also 800 on the B26, and 8066 on the B8 (don't know what buses those would be, but they're glitches too).

3 hours ago, NBTA said:

3 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Hey, that was the fun of it! These new fanners have no idea what it was like lol. Why do you think there used to be so many photos from Borough Hall and Main St. and Parsons/Archer? You went where you had a mathematically decent change of catching something interesting. Parsons used to be a shrine to the DD50.

Can definitely confirm. These new fans rely on trackers so much to a point where it became hilarious to watch. If they fanned before BusTime was a thing, they'd probably quit 🤣. All they want is instant gratification. They will never know how it will feel to find something straight out of the blue and get the satisfaction from it.

Most of my best catches were without trackers, especially this(I miss these lol).DSC02454.thumb.JPG.421115d606e828656d04166f160cbb17.JPGDSC02851.thumb.JPG.bc6e824dbd613e6298e65f3a0b4bbcd6.JPG

Edited by Cait Sith

2 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Can definitely confirm. These new fans rely on trackers so much to a point where it became hilarious to watch. If they fanned before BusTime was a thing, they'd probably quit 🤣.

Most of my best catches were without trackers, especially this(I miss these lol).DSC02454.thumb.JPG.421115d606e828656d04166f160cbb17.JPGDSC02851.thumb.JPG.bc6e824dbd613e6298e65f3a0b4bbcd6.JPG

I just find it annoying. Good catches, though! I remember seeing my first NYCT XDE40 back in 2018 when they couldn't be tracked. It was #9501.

24 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Can definitely confirm. These new fans rely on trackers so much to a point where it became hilarious to watch. If they fanned before BusTime was a thing, they'd probably quit 🤣.

Most of my best catches were without trackers, especially this(I miss these lol).

Those Designlines were fun as hell. I still remember catching one on University on the M3 (that'll never happen again) with an op who gave it the business. 

The pre-tracker finds were a treat to see...

51498263744_a08f8a0bac_b.jpg

51496760217_64f23040df_b.jpg

51496754202_0af1c534d5_b.jpg

Alright, time to stop spamming this thread...

On another note.

Up to 9526 is ready in terms of Allison XDEs. They're all still in St. Cloud.

All of the base order BAE XDE40s are ready. 9593, 9601 & 9608 are en route and 9594 is at JFK with 9595-9600, 9602-9607, the rest are still at St. Cloud, withn 9611 at an MCI vendor location in Iowa .