MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

Most of my best catches were without trackers, especially this(I miss these lol).DSC02454.thumb.JPG.421115d606e828656d04166f160cbb17.JPGDSC02851.thumb.JPG.bc6e824dbd613e6298e65f3a0b4bbcd6.JPG

RTS Junior!
Even moreso than the low floor version of the actual RTS, including the one picked up by Millennium. (Seems all of this has been forgotten by now)

Too bad they didn't catch on.

I rmember you or someone at some point mentioning some company considering reviving the fishbowl, but it was like a secret. What ever came of that, and which company was that?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Eric B said:

RTS Junior!
Even moreso than the low floor version of the actual RTS, including the one picked up by Millennium. (Seems all of this has been forgotten by now)

Too bad they didn't catch on.

I rmember you or someone at some point mentioning some company considering reviving the fishbowl, but it was like a secret. What ever came of that, and which company was that?

I don't think I did. I was never a fan of the fishbowl design primarily because it was a death trap when it came down to collisions.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

There's a Flatbush XD40 , either 7309 or 7340, which is tracking as 2629. I saw both of them on the B41 LTD together at Avenue U yesterday, but only one showed up on Bustime as the glitch, the other didn't show up at all. 

There's also 800 on the B26, and 8066 on the B8 (don't know what buses those would be, but they're glitches too).

Saw that unit on Thursday of last week and it turned out to be #742

On 9/20/2021 at 3:08 PM, NBTA said:

Dang, these glitches are getting insane lol. Goes to show what the fanners before bus time used to go through. 
(for anyone that’s wondering what I’m talking about, 5996-B9).

789 and 5983 are other glitches that have been showing on the Q54. Any idea what those really are?

14 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

8755 has returned to Plattsburgh. There's a few diesel LFSs built already. It's safe to say that 8755 has done much better than 7851 with less issues at that.

The Xcelsior was not a proven successor to the 40LF it will take at least 10 yr before we see a truly solid Xcelsior. Now on the other hand the LFS has over 20 year Nova is very strategic rarely jumping out the window.

9 hours ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

The Xcelsior was not a proven successor to the 40LF it will take at least 10 yr before we see a truly solid Xcelsior. Now on the other hand the LFS has over 20 year Nova is very strategic rarely jumping out the window.

It's been 10 years lol.

There are solid Xcelsiors in other agencies, but with the way the MTA rushes deliveries, that is also likely to be the cause of the issues and lack of quality control.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:43 AM, Q101viaSteinway said:

How so? I didn't know that. 

No crumple zones, they would just fold in immediately. It would basically guarantee injuries to passengers.

On another note, 9514 and 9515 are now at the vendor in JFK.

6 hours ago, Calvin said:

If most or some of the buses are being returned to passenger service at Castleton, question is, will the Novas that came from the Bronx and Queens Village be sent back to their respective depots.

So far, only 7001 survived. Doesn't seem like those loan term loaners will be sent back any time soon.