MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

10 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Not only are the Proterras done, but the Port Authority will be purchasing those units as well. All 5 are currently in JFK Airport.

That's a very interesting development. The PA already has the infrastructure for it, and their buses are getting up there in age. I just wonder what their numbers will be and who will be retired, probably the OG.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current Prevost order placed on hold due to large amounts of legroom complaints.

The only solution would be to remove seats and adjust the legroom across the bus. I don't know why @Via Garibaldi 8 would propose two rows. That's 8 seats, which would drop the count from 57 to 49. Removing the first row would add an additional 26in of space which can be evenly distributed amongst the 13 rows for an additional 2 inches without sacrificing too much of a loss of seats. 

https://www.thecity.nyc/2021/12/19/22840484/new-mta-express-bus-rollout-stalled-by-leg-room-complaints

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

On 12/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Current Prevost order placed on hold due to large amounts of legroom complaints.

The only solution would be to remove seats and adjust the legroom across the bus. I don't know why @Via Garibaldi 8 would propose two rows. That's 8 seats, which would drop the count from 57 to 49. Removing the first row would add an additional 26in of space which can be evenly distributed amongst the 13 rows for an additional 2 inches without sacrificing too much of a loss of seats. 

https://www.thecity.nyc/2021/12/19/22840484/new-mta-express-bus-rollout-stalled-by-leg-room-complaints

I agree with the proposal of removing the first row. I've been on CP's Prevosts, and in the back, it felt a bit cramped.

On 12/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I read the article. And like I always said it before: This isn’t Burger King!!! You cannot always have things your way! Just because one passenger gets cramped up, doesn’t mean the (MTA) has to spend a little extra that they don’t have out of their budget to lose at least 2 seats up front just to make the passengers comfortable. That’s Prevost for you. If the (MTA) went with MCIs, I’m pretty sure passengers wouldn’t be complaining at about now. 

22 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

I read the article. And like I always said it before: This isn’t Burger King!!! You cannot always have things your way! Just because one passenger gets cramped up, doesn’t mean the (MTA) has to spend a little extra that they don’t have out of their budget to lose at least 2 seats up front just to make the passengers comfortable. That’s Prevost for you. If the (MTA) went with MCIs, I’m pretty sure passengers wouldn’t be complaining at about now. 

At this point the loss seats do not matter  because  people are not commuting  at the level they were. And the possibility  of the pre pandemic  numbers retuning  are unlikely. 

Is there a currently updated depot roster to reflect all of the recent moves over the last few weeks / months. I used to rely on ttmg but they're inconsistent. There was also another Google roster but that seems to be abandoned.

Where is everything currently being tracked? @Future ENY OP and @Ultimategamer12c yall post in the transfers thread like every 40mins so I would think yall would be able to answer this question.

If the roster is now internal then I'm fine with that, if not, is there a public link? 

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Is there a currently updated depot roster to reflect all of the recent moves over the last few weeks / months. I used to rely on ttmg but they're inconsistent. There was also another Google roster but that seems to be abandoned.

Where is everything currently being tracked? @Future ENY OP and @Ultimategamer12c yall post in the transfers thread like every 40mins so I would think yall would be able to answer this question.

If the roster is now internal then I'm fine with that, if not, is there a public link? 

This google bus roster is updated regularly..

https://sites.google.com/site/mtanewyorkcitybusroster/new-york-city-bus-roster/east-new-york-bus-depot-new-york-city-transit?authuser=0

I usually  reflect off of the TTMG Roster which ofc its updated as of today and or I go outside to see the buses myself at certain locations.

8 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

https://sites.google.com/view/newyorkcitybusroster/home?authuser=1

This is the 3rd roster, but optional view. In honesty, I try to keep it as accurate as possible. Whenever there's time, I would make the changes. The other sites.google is extremely close and accurate but TTMG is what people look into a lot. 

For the abandoned part, there's changes that forced me to move info on the new sites. I like the old sites.google better lol. 

--

Also, the NovaBus HEVs that were pulled out of service, 100% of the units are all back on the road. 

Edited by Calvin

There are a ton of LFS HEVs in Secaucus, NJ, many of which are assigned to Manhattanville.  Now that deliveries have resumed, I wouldn’t expect them to tarry too long. I’d highly suggest for Next Gen fans to get their clips of them at MHV ASAP. 

Edited by 1train2255railfan

• 2 weeks later...

Prevosts 1545, and 1547-1578 are now at LGA. If theses buses weren't ones just sitting in NJ prior to the delivery pause, then these buses are probably the first to arrive after the MTA halted the deliveries. These buses would be the ones to evaluate if anyone wants to quickly investigate what changes were made to the interiors of the bus. 

Prevosts 1545, and 1547-1578 are now at LGA. If theses buses weren't ones just sitting in NJ prior to the delivery pause, then these buses are probably the first to arrive after the MTA halted the deliveries. These buses would be the ones to evaluate if anyone wants to quickly investigate what changes were made to the interiors of the bus. 

1545, 1547, 1548 are for LGA...   Unit 1578 belongs to: Meredith Depot..

18 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

1545, 1547, 1548 are for LGA...   Unit 1578 belongs to: Meredith Depot..

Whoops long day, meant to write 1545, 1547-1548 (three buses). Thanks for clarifying for others.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888
1545, 1547-1548 (not sure why thats so hard to write)

4 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Whoops long day, meant to write 1454, 1457-1548 (three buses). Thanks for clarifying for others.

1454, 1457 are Yonkers units and not currently at LGA.  Training buses for LGA right now: 1301, 1315, 1323.  1454 is now where near the vicinity of LGA at this time. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

• 2 weeks later...

1607 is at Charleston from the transfers thread. Meredith stops at unit 1606 from 1557 (first one at the depot). The 2400 Prevosts may stay at Meredith only moving out the remaining 2600/2700 units, 2015-16 units to Castleton and Charleston for the D4500 and 8 2200 CT removal. 

Edited by Calvin

41 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Probably just the one bus. #1073 has the same seats as 6212 and the rest of the XN60 fleet has the regular old seating.

Interesting. Because I viewed 1073's interior, and the seats are similar. The only difference being that it has American Seating Insight seating.

Edited by RSMG106

27 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

The Prevost delivered after the pause to address legroom issues still have the same number of seats (57). Don't expect an improvement on legroom. 

Are these buses that were built before the pause, though? I think the LGA units had already been built before.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Calvin said:

With the Next Gens being moved to MTA Bus courtesy of upcoming Novas and New Flyers, are the 2008-09 Next Gens (3800-3959) still in the process of being transferred or retired soon? 3888 is the highest of the 3800-3959 batch at MTA Bus. 

I’m currently hearing full retirement, but I’d treat this as a wait and see thing. 

I’m surprised the Orion VII OG’s are still alive and kicking at QV. I thought QV’s batch would have been gone by now seeing how the rest of NYCT’s batch has been retired so quickly. I have not been able to catch an Orion VII OG on one of QV’s routes in a while but I usually see them the most during rush hours. 
Any word on the Novabus’s that we are suppose to get starting with bus 8755?