MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2/27/16

In an effort to provide the best transportation solutions.....

A while ago (like 10 years), me and my father went on our first Nostalgia Train Ride trip. While waiting for the train after lunch, someone suggested to me to look on a certain site for more information. Upon finding this site, one of the things I really liked about this site was how the site was organized, between the MTA, other regional and transit systems, the employment section, etc. In late 2013, upon receiving my first letter in the mail from 180 Livingston Street regarding a drug test for the Bus Operator 2613 exam, I began referring to some specific topics on this site for the majority of the questions I had, since a lot of people already went through what I was about to go through. When doing so, I felt a lot more comfortable knowing that I was not alone in the process, especially since I met one of the other members at Zerega back in February of 2014.

After training, I still remained on the site to help out whoever was about to go through the process. Like I’ve said in the past, one of the things about my instructor, compared to the others, was that he let us “borrow” handouts, initially to look at, to help us through the training process. With the help of Mother Nature who provided us with a snowstorm at the appropriate time, I was able to scan them, and not only save them for future reference, but also share them with not only the members of this site, but with everyone else, since you don’t need to be a registered “member” to view the information on this site.

Therefore, as far as what the site means to me – since I primarily overlook the “Transit Employment Forum,” the site to me means giving those folks who are members, and those non-members who just view the information, an extra edge to not only successfully make it through the hiring process, but to also have a successful career at NYC Transit. Although I failed the 10-day Bus Operator Training session in February of 2014, I still share the invaluable handouts, compared to being selfish to myself, share my knowledge and my thoughts about certain topics, etc. to help those folks have that extra edge to be successful.

One of the members did “report” this as whether this was official or unofficial. From what I am reading on Facebook, I can truly understand where they are coming from.

In conclusion, “treat others the way you want to be treated.” If others treat you like s**t, then you should treat other folks like s**t too.

Also, in case any of you are curious, I will only moderate the Transit Employment Forum until further notice as well.

#United4NYCTF

While we're at this, perfect example of why I'm always on these forums and never posting in the ridiculous group. We're all big boys, we all know this stuff is seen by everybody, and when you lie, you're gonna get caught.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-28%20at%2011.23.

Those are blatant lies. I've never posted anything revealing the identities of any members. I only know a handful of members personally. I don't believe in breaking that anonymity; if people wanna stay unnamed, I let them. I didn't even have a Facebook account until a month or so ago. Perfect example of why the FB group is a disaster: a complete collection of lies and falsehoods with nobody to back it up. But keep on liking it.

I stay #united4nyctf.

I'm curious how you found that post considering you said you were only on Facebook a month. Personally speaking, I have spent a lot of time fanning with Mark and he is nothing but a nice guy and a wonderful photographer. His presence on here is completely missed. Also, even though the forums technically don't exist, you are in violation of rules as you reveal identities of people when it has nothing to do with the site. If you have a problem with anyone that was not started here, I suggest you take it up with them where it started..... and it wasn't here.

Personally speaking, I haven't posted a lot due to tennis writing, photography commitments and other things. The site was good and hopefully if it comes back, it comes back with things more settled. I met a lot of good people here and to those I don't contact outside of here, I wish you well. To those (and there was only one or two), I also wish you well. Good day everyone and happy fanning. For those that want to see my photos now that I have a DSLR, you can go here:

http://instagram.com/dslr_transit_photos

Edited by lupojohn

Crazy this is happening. Been a member for almost 6 years. Joined in September 13th 2010 and this site has been amazing ever since. I remember my very first started forum called NYCT vs. MTA bus and just the great feedback I've gotten. I have learned so much about the subways, the commuter rails, the regional bus system and overall I feel like I have become way more knowledgeable about traveling in the city in general. All the great history learned and I've always been interesting in the history of the city and the transit will always be a part of what shaped this city. The whole fascination of the MTA and its buses and subways started from the days when I used to collect schedules and maps from the subway station at Forest Hills and Jamaica Center. I remember when the 7 private bus lines existed and just to see how the MTA improved all the routes pretty drastically is awesome. Routes like the Q53, and B103 went from low performing routes into heavily used routes the Q6, Q10 Q25, Q65 and so on had LTD service added and they are all striving today. In 6 years I've seen many users come and go and even though the forums may not have as many active users as it did back then it is still a place great. We should give our moderators a round of applause for keeping the forums updated and regulated and we need to support this forum because this is our forum. I don't want to see this forums die off like some other's did. I'm excited for the New York City Transit Forums 3.0

I'm still a little confused as to what will happen though. Will this site shut down temporarily or will we just lose the right to post stuff for a little while?

Well that was just my thoughts from yours truly:

New Flyer 230

aka College Point Man (2010-2013)

#United4NYCTF

Personally speaking, I haven't posted a lot due to tennis writing, photography commitments and other things. The site was good and hopefully if it comes back, it comes back with things more settled. I met a lot of good people here and to those I don't contact outside of here, I wish you well. To those (and there was only one or two), I also wish you well. Good day everyone and happy fanning. For those that want to see my photos now that I have a DSLR, you can go here:

I just added you on Instagram. I'm Mr.Cool_Jay2 and I don't have a dslr yet but I hope to get one in the future. I post my photography in general and it's not strictly transit related. They are all iPhone shots and anyone could add me if you want. I'll follow back.

I'm curious how you found that post considering you said you were only on Facebook a month. Personally speaking, I have spent a lot of time fanning with Mark and he is nothing but a nice guy and a wonderful photographer. His presence on here is completely missed. Also, even though the forums technically don't exist, you are in violation of rules as you reveal identities of people when it has nothing to do with the site. If you have a problem with anyone that was not started here, I suggest you take it up with them where it started..... and it wasn't here.

Realizm was banned because he went apeshjt on the forums. I do not at all miss him.

Hey guys!

This is a message from the Staff at NYCTF:

ATTENTION NYCTF Members,

Over the next 7 days, the staff of NYCTF are currently working on a resolution to be able to update the entire platform with breaking news feeds and better management. They are seeking more structure and teamwork and its up to all of us if we want this to remain. At this time there will be NO updates of any type, nor moderation. This includes the bus roster and all information on new buses, subways and trains.

#United4NYCTF

So this SHOULD answers some of your questions.

While we're at this, perfect example of why I'm always on these forums and never posting in the ridiculous group. We're all big boys, we all know this stuff is seen by everybody, and when you lie, you're gonna get caught.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-28%20at%2011.23.

Those are blatant lies. I've never posted anything revealing the identities of any members. I only know a handful of members personally. I don't believe in breaking that anonymity; if people wanna stay unnamed, I let them. I didn't even have a Facebook account until a month or so ago. Perfect example of why the FB group is a disaster: a complete collection of lies and falsehoods with nobody to back it up. But keep on liking it.

I stay #united4nyctf.

actually you are wrong,you said you didn't have a facebook page till a month ago, then how did you get into that group when you screened shot my post from 2015 when you said you joined facebook a month ago? 

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/47564-nyc-bus-drivers-don’t-want-to-be-responsible-for-killing-pedestrians-protest-by-driving-carefully/?p=837127

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Realizm was one of my friends on this site. I miss him on here. I think he misremembers all of this and is thinking of somebody else, as we had a series of good discussions about race, ethnicity, and politics and we never fought on the forums. If others want to lie and convince him that I was causing trouble, they're welcome too, but Mark and I got along on here for a while. One of the smarter minds on the site, I thought. As for the Facebook, I've used various friends' accounts at times and screenshots have been sent to me by those in the group.

If you start shittalking me on the internet, I don't see why it's inappropriate to quote that. You had publicly said what your account name was. Don't bring me up if you don't want me to bring you up. And furthermore, all of my facts were correct and you refused to listen to that. 

What is this drama bullshit? I come here to see news about anything-MTA and this is going on. First, if you post on Facebook and don't believe in using your privacy settings, I believe it's fair game to post that stuff here. It's an open internet, and the rules don't say anything about Facebook here. I've posted plenty of stuff from Facebook here. Second, whatever is going on with the staff, if you don't want to operate this site anymore, just leave the staff and have Harry close it. There are possible alternatives like Subchat, and someone could just open up a fresh new forum and people will find it. I find it ridicoulous how someone on the staff here de-rails an entire thread that used to update fleet info to bring this drama in when you could have just opened up a new thread or something. If this is going to continue, I could care less what happens to this place. It doesn't matter to me whether or not I share what I have with other members here. I lurked this place for a couple of years, and now that I'm posting here off and on, this stuff happens. It took me months to get something fixed from the staff when I had a problem with my account, and one of the staff members on here gave me an attitude when I asked a couple of questions because he thinks he owns the place and feels all high and mighty with internet power. I haven't done anything to piss anyone off here(except maybe PinePowerLI, but I could care less about him), but reading about this garbage is preposterous.

Because this is becoming more dramatic than I expected, I invite Mark or anybody to PM me on any account so we can talk this out. I don't remember any such fight and I always respected his opinions. I have no animosity towards him and nothing has "changed" at all. I didn't "run Grand Concourse" off the forums by any means. I never connected his name to his handle in any way, shape, or form. I quoted a post that was attacking me in a public space, and I didn't do anything to indicate who the members or people who were attacking me were. Quite literally, I only posted a screenshot from a public Facebook page. I didn't make any reference to who was posting. And anyway, that's the reality of attacking people in public--others will see. And I'll note that what I was attacked for was literally correcting misinformation after members erroneously interpreted a simple Vision Zero law. This is a strange way to rewrite history. Let's not derail this thread with this, but all can feel free to contact me. I'm always happy to discuss.

Edited by MHV9218

I'll make this very clear.

Don't nobody mess with me, I don't mess with nobody.

Don't disrepect me, I won't do the same.

Everyone should follow that.

I have respect for these forums and the staff, and I hope that whatever issues are occurring will be resolved as soon as possible. I will halt all updates to the roster as a result.

Will the forums be taken offline temporarily as a result?

#United4NYCTF

Edited by Rick44

I respect the decision of the forum administrators and moderators to suspend the forums (hopefully just suspend and not cancel).  I agree that a few posters have diverged and devolved from the subjects of several topics.

Here's hoping we can collaboratively find a way to ensure the continued existence of this forum and related sites like the roster.

Until then I shall especially miss the "inside scoop" from ENY and the roster updates.

#United4NYCTF

Rick44: you're the man.  I respect you greatly and I'd never mess with you.

I appreciate the work you do on the roster and I hope it doesn't become a thing of the past no matter what happens with this group.

Thanks for all you do.

And the same goes for all you guys Involved with the "getting your hands dirty" aspect of this operation and I sincerely hope all the differences can be worked out so we can continue to receive THE VERY BEST in bus information.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

Greetings to all. I'm a member of these forums since early 2009. And while I am not as active as I used to be over the last couple of years or so, I'd like to take advantage of this time to express a few words. Aside from the issues that have been going on here as of late, and despite people moving towards social media platforms over the years, the people who DO care about this place deserve lots of credit. I certainly do thank them for all the hard work that they do put in and for the helpful information that they do provide to the masses.

It was here on these forums where I was introduced to active participants in the community a few years ago. I've met some fantastic and very respectable friends here, many I still keep in contact with to this very day. I've come to meet some of these in person and it is exciting to get to meet like-minded people who share a common interest - people like realizm, MC CJ, Turbo19, Around the Horn, BM5 via Woodhaven, ScreechyFlange, lupojohn, pelhamlocal, and several others to name a few. I've seen some of these people evolve and grow in maturity over time and are now doing some amazing things for the transit community.

Over time, I ended up branching out to other things and I am now taking part in a very active role in transit preservation, where I've been helping to restore equipment and helping a museum 90 miles north of New York City reemerge into a growing and more robust operation. If it weren't for those interactions here, I probably would not be where I am today, for it was here where it actually began.

Should these forums re-emerge into something better and on a clean slate, let's ALL get together and help not only make it a better place, but let's take that lead and make the community a better place. Let's make this place not only one where we can share information with one another, but insights, contributions, projects. Let's bring about more invigorating and beneficial interactions and show the community that we are truly and surely united.

One community. One unity.

M.F.'86

<4>