MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

I been in here regularly since 2008, my account on here is older than my Facebook account (by about a month, but still lol). Not many here now can recall the before era of this site.

I look forward to the changes here #united4nyctf

While we're at this, perfect example of why I'm always on these forums and never posting in the ridiculous group. We're all big boys, we all know this stuff is seen by everybody, and when you lie, you're gonna get caught.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-28%20at%2011.23.

Those are blatant lies. I've never posted anything revealing the identities of any members. I only know a handful of members personally. I don't believe in breaking that anonymity; if people wanna stay unnamed, I let them. I didn't even have a Facebook account until a month or so ago. Perfect example of why the FB group is a disaster: a complete collection of lies and falsehoods with nobody to back it up. But keep on liking it.

I stay #united4nyctf.

I can personally assure you that that group is nowhere near a disaster, and came a long way from being another generic transit-related page.

Edited by Fresh Pond

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that all the dust has been settled.

The LFS base order is near completion. And I've been hearing some decent reviews about the demo we have on the property with a few minor changes being considered. I can't get into detail about it (yet). More information will be posted as soon as it's available.

On the heels of what Cait Sith mentioned above, this means it is now time to officially get into the discussion about the remaining NYCT options. Please note the delivery schedule below, and notes about the upcoming MTA Bus orders, and the increase in number of artics they will take delivery of.

Several changes will be made to the Title Post of this thread, and official numbers for the bus options have yet to be confirmed. As it stands, and if everything goes as scheduled, New Flyer will deliver all of the XD40's prior to introduction of the XN40's. This means the numbering will have to be finalized, or just confirmed if it is already decided. 

Note: MTAB is not set to receive any standard 40 foot buses other than units transferred from NYCT as they are in the process of introducing up to 180 new articulated buses.

Delivery for the next options are scheduled as follows:

60 buses scheduled to begin delivery/production April-June (XD40)

120 buses between July-September (XD40)

220 buses between October-December (XD40 and LFS)

20 buses between January and February 2017 (LFS)

I see the MTA Fleet & Depot thread has gone back to normal. I still want to put down my support for this forum so...

My first trip on this site was back in 2009. I was in the sixth grade. My school had to do a painting for a senior home in Bensonhurst. Each school involved was assigned a location. My school got the subway. At this point I was interested in trains(I always was for a s far as I can remember) but I didn't know that other (grown :D ) people had this same interest.

My art teacher brought me into this painting and I started doing research. When looking for train picture for us to emulate, I came across this site. I was hooked! Here were people who had the same interest as me posting pictures and having dicussions. It helped that the second thread I read on this site was a KnightRider codebreaker photoset. That sealed the deal for me!

After a while where I read threads such as that monumental C40LFR thread, more KR codebreaks and the infamous codebreak of a New Flyer C40LF with Ulmer Park routes, I joined the site as a member in July of 2012. Instantly I became hooked.The fact of the matter is that NYCTF has been a part of my life for 4 years as a member and 7 years as a reader.

It was here where I read your inside scoops and first had the idea to work in transit and it has become my goal and a passion.

It may sound corny but you are an inspiration to me and I doubt that I would have wanted to do this without reading your posts or this forum.rock on! :rock:

Anything that improves this site further is something that I support. I look forward to NYCTF 3.0 and the increased connection with the industry and I hope you guys hit it out of the park!

Thank you ENY& to the rest of the moderators for everything you do!
Caleb Fossum

AKA Around the Horn

PS. I just have a few questions about the change if you don't mind answering...
1. When will the new NYCTF be ready?
2. Will everything from this iteration of the forums carry over?

#UNITED4NYCTF

i wonder if you could post the month -month delivery schedule for the mta bus's xd60's?

Deliveries always gets delayed at some point. Posting a schedule such as that would not really be a good idea. These XD60s are coming in a lot slower compared to the 7000s that came in like roaches.

i wonder if you could post the month -month delivery schedule for the mta bus's xd60's?

Deliveries always gets delayed at some point. Posting a schedule such as that would not really be a good idea. These XD60s are coming in a lot slower compared to the 7000s that came in like roaches.

Correct. Orders rarely stick to schedule, and are subject to change at any time. 5364-5438 however are all due by August. About 3-4 per week/14 per month.

New details on the CNG artic order coming up.

Edited by East New York

Ok, I was slightly confused on a few details surrounding the CNG order. Now that I have had a chance to review some document, and talk to some people, see that this one would have hit me out of left field if I wasn't paying attention to detail. 

The articulated base award is 139 XD60, and 92 LFSA, for a total of 231 buses. The option is for up to an additional 300 buses.

The next articulated awards for NYCT will be 190 diesel buses, and 110 CNG buses. That being said, I was able to confirm something that was staring me right in the face when I got the January Oversight Committee documents.

MTA is in fact working with New Flyer to convert 110 of the 300 remaining options to CNG buses. This way, the funds for the CNG's are already available in the capital plan, West Farms goes all CNG to replace the oldest D60's, and pushes out the diesels to other depots.

25-35 XN60's to Gleason, and 75-85 to West Farms. 

The remaining 190 options could possibly be all LFSA, and it should fit into their production schedule by then to directly follow delivery of the 92 buses off the base order.

Edited by East New York

Ok, I was slightly confused on a few details surrounding the CNG order. Now that I have had a chance to review some document, and talk to some people, see that this one would have hit me out of left field if I wasn't paying attention to detail. 

The articulated base award is 139 XD60, and 92 LFSA, for a total of 231 buses. The option is for up to an additional 300 buses.

The next articulated awards for NYCT will be 190 diesel buses, and 110 CNG buses. That being said, I was able to confirm something that was staring me right in the face when I got the January Oversight Committee documents.

MTA is in fact working with New Flyer to convert 110 of the 300 remaining options to CNG buses. This way, the funds for the CNG's are already available in the capital plan, West Farms goes all CNG to replace the oldest D60's, and pushes out the diesels to other depots.

45-50 XN60's to Gleason, and 60-65 to West Farms. (Likely 46 and 64). 

The remaining 190 options could possibly be all LFSA, and it should fit into their production schedule by then to directly follow delivery of the 92 buses off the base order.

you mean the bx6, and 46.

That's a lot of artics for the Bx15, 19 and 36

If those were the only lines they were for then yes it would be a lot, however, they are for the Bx6, 15, 19, 36, and 40.

WF currently has 60 artics. All of which will be bumped for XN60's and the rest are for Bx6, complete conversion of the Bx36 which already has artic runs, service increases, and spares. 

Up to 35 for Gleason? That's pretty much making the entire 35 100% artic with a few spares.

No love for the B8 lol

Right! lol. However, there are enough to have a few out during peak runs, and if they do get 35, this leaves about 10-12 buses for spares, with a few that could show up on the B8.

Edited by East New York

If those were the only lines they were for then yes it would be a lot, however, they are for the Bx6, 15, 19, 36, and 40.

WF currently has 60 artics. All of which will be bumped for XN60's and the rest are for Bx6, complete conversion of the Bx36 which already has artic runs, service increases, and spares.

Are you implying the Bx40 is moving to WF or is that a typo?

Right! lol. However, there are enough to have a few out during peak runs, and if they do get 35, this leaves about 10-12 buses for spares, with a few that could show up on the B8.

35 artics for Gleason? I hope that's good enough for Gleason!

Honestly, I'd think they could of gotten at least 40-42. With most for B35. Some for the B8. Does the B68 warrant to be artic?

Never knew that the Bx40 was WF property unless they have some rush hour runs.

My OCD tells me that the TA should renumber the LFSA (current, upcoming, alive and retired) to fit in with the 2010 numbering:

5770-->1290

5986-->1506

5253-->1507

5363-->1617

New 92 bus order:

*1290-->1618

*1381-->1709

So that it winds up 1200-1709.

Edited by GojiMet86

What somebody SUGGESTS and what NYCT DOES are 2 completely different things.

The bus fleet numbers are computerized, so it really doesn't make any difference.

Just like fleet numbers of a certain model scattered amongst depots.  It is not an issue to NYCT, it is only an issue to the bus fans.

And what's an "OCD"?