MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know when the new XD60s are supposed to hit revenue service?

Well isn't Cuomo gonna have a big unveiling? We might find out from him...

Rumor is that one is supposed to debut down by 2 Broadway for a press conference, then should be in service days after.

But of course, it's subject to change.

Rumor is that one is supposed to debut down by 2 Broadway for a press conference, then should be in service days after.

But of course, it's subject to change.

Interesting... I wonder if they're open it up for public viewing. I would be sure many busfans would go to Bowling Green and check out the bus itself! :)

Edited by TheNewYorkElevated

Was at JFK today. I got a pic of 5390,5391, and 5394 in the new paint (coming later tonight).

Can you get in trouble for going into that lot and taking pics of the buses? I didn't go in mainly because I didn't know how they would've felt about me going in there and taking pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DaTransitMan4608

Was at JFK today. I got a pic of 5390,5391, and 5394 in the new paint (coming later tonight).

Can you get in trouble for going into that lot and taking pics of the buses? I didn't go in mainly because I didn't know how they would've felt about me going in there and taking pics.

That's Port Authority property, so yes

Port Authority has a strict policy when it comes to photography in their facilities so yes you can.

So if I go inside JFK to busfan, can I get in trouble there too?

Interesting... I wonder if they're open it up for public viewing. I would be sure many busfans would go to Bowling Green and check out the bus itself! :)

Oh hell yeah! If its a weekend or say Friday afternoon, I'll be there.

Of course I'll be out fanning the first weekend they're in service too.

So if I go inside JFK to busfan, can I get in trouble there too?

Oh hell yeah! If its a weekend or say Friday afternoon, I'll be there.

Of course I'll be out fanning the first weekend they're in service too.

The entire airport pass the Nassau is Port Authority property. If you tried to go in where the buses are parked, you will get in trouble. I believe the fine is around 5K or so. Not too sure.

The entire airport pass the Nassau is Port Authority property. If you tried to go in where the buses are parked, you will get in trouble. I believe the fine is around 5K or so. Not too sure.

He wouldn't have gotten fined, the security guard or an employee would have told him to leave and that would be the end of it.

He wouldn't have gotten fined, the security guard or an employee would have told him to leave and that would be the end of it.

I'd agree.

However.

They have one person who kept going there on the regular when the 4700s were coming in. They got a photo of him and his car in the facility. So they're on watch.

That's one of the reasons why they don't park the buses at the other lot anymore.

That and Quill is said to recieve some soon. Maybe MHV too if XE40s get in the mix soon.

That reminds me of when non-articulated Xcelsiors operated on the M42 a few years back.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I wonder if Mother Clara Hale will get any Xcelsiors. Same goes to Tuskegee Airmen as well.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Edited by TheNewYorkElevated