MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, so LGA wasn't getting artics after all. All the hoopla and instead of the 128 order, it just went to the normal 75. As for the TA version, I am glad with the numbering system because I was just about to say Why go after 5439-56xx whereas you have buses already in the 5510-5769 series that has to be scrapped (minus the 4 that is already retired). 5987-6125 gives it a large chance that we will see the artics in the 6000s finally. After all, the 5000 series will be mixed with Novas and XDs

Until the NYCDOT & NYMTA comes up with a solution on what they are going to do about this Woodhaven Blvd SBS, Im not buying it for LGA to get artics. They first must "fix" Northeastern Queens first in which im in if Q25 gets SBS, then CP should get artics, But what the MTA should do in the addition to the 110 XN60 potential order, add 60 more to support the growing artics in WF, suppliment some C40LFs in CP for Artics on the Q25 and have it ready for the SBS in the future. As for WF & Gleason, mix it up for JG's B35 (at least 25-30) and WF's Bx15, Bx19, and Im picking Bx36, as well as a potential Bx6 SBS (58 regs/20 SBS) replacing all Diesel operated NF D60 buses and transferring Nova LFSAs to GH & KB. 

LG is getting artics unless MTA decides to have the routes out of CP, which is NOT the current plan. It's already on the books in black and white that LG is getting them unless otherwise stated at a later date. Either way, the Q52/53 are getting them no matter which depot operates the route. As of right now it doesn't matter what they sort out for SBS. The line is getting artics. Period. SBS can start another 10 years from now. The next MTA Bus artic order which is definitely coming, will have buses that will be assigned to Woodhaven Blvd.

As far as the Bx15 goes, WF puts artics on the route all the time and will likely increase this. The Bx6, and Bx36 (which already runs them) aren't potential. They are definitely getting artics. 

It's obvious that artics are needed for the Q25. However, Woodhaven is a priority. The Q53 only has about 400 passengers less than the Q25 per day. Combine that with the Q52, and it easily takes passes the Q25 in terms of trips and passengers picked up.

Edited by East New York

He was asking if THAT was even possible

Which should be, however.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

In theory, it could.

However.

Two different unions, they'll fight tooth and nail for either route. Better off splitting both routes.

• 1 month later...

XN40's 673-677 are awaiting final MTA audit inspection. This will be the first ever super-accelerated delivery. This means unlike when 7090 went in service for accelerated delivery. With this order, 5 pilots will allow for all of the oldest Orion VII CNG to be retired immediately!! At this point MYA has decided that some buses will not be maintained any longer and will be retired.

Unless plans have changed, JG and WF will get 2 pilots each, and Zerega and is supposed to have one as well for maintenance, driver, and personnel training. In stead of months, the pilots are supposed to undergo extensive Testing and Evaluation which will qualify the bus in just a few short weeks! Unlike what we have seen in the past, this will be much different. It won't take months to qualify this bus as long as there are no issues on the New Flyer end.

These buses will be delivered faster than any fleet in MTA history. It is also expected that the XN60's will come directly after, and the order will possibly be changed as I said it suggested from day one. The 110 bus order will now likely see an increase in order to convert WF into an all CNG depot, as well as allow for artics at CP for the Q25. As you all remember from day one I said MTA needed to increase the order for the Q25 immediately. Looks like they are actually going to do it!

Next stop for buses with the new livery, wifi and outlets! Brooklyn and the Bronxs! Let's go New Flyer!

By the way..... 673-682 are already built from what I am being told. So as soon as MTA issues the Notice To Proceed after pilot testing, the Bronx and Brooklyn will be flooded with new XN's!!! By this time next month, the 700's should be coming off the line! Get those pics of the OG's while you can! The green sign buses are as good as dead!

XN40's 673-677 are awaiting final MTA audit inspection. This will be the first ever super-accelerated delivery. This means unlike when 7090 went in service for accelerated delivery. With this order, 5 pilots will allow for all of the oldest Orion VII CNG to be retired immediately!! At this point MYA has decided that some buses will not be maintained any longer and will be retired.

Unless plans have changed, JG and WF will get 2 pilots each, and Zerega and is supposed to have one as well for maintenance, driver, and personnel training. In stead of months, the pilots are supposed to undergo extensive Testing and Evaluation which will qualify the bus in just a few short weeks! Unlike what we have seen in the past, this will be much different. It won't take months to qualify this bus as long as there are no issues on the New Flyer end.

These buses will be delivered faster than any fleet in MTA history. It is also expected that the XN60's will come directly after, and the order will possibly be changed as I said it suggested from day one. The 110 bus order will now likely see an increase in order to convert WF into an all CNG depot, as well as allow for artics at CP for the Q25. As you all remember from day one I said MTA needed to increase the order for the Q25 immediately. Looks like they are actually going to do it!

Next stop for buses with the new livery, wifi and outlets! Brooklyn and the Bronxs! Let's go New Flyer!

By the way..... 673-682 are already built from what I am being told. So as soon as MTA issues the Notice To Proceed after pilot testing, the Bronx and Brooklyn will be flooded with new XN's!!! By this time next month, the 700's should be coming off the line! Get those pics of the OG's while you can! The green sign buses are as good as dead!

A lot of people dislike the OG CNG's for whatever reason, but they're actually my favorite local buses (I prefer CNG over diesel or hybrid). Kinda sucks that there aren't any in my area, since it would be much easier to catch them, but no biggie. Nice to see that the buses will be coming in swiftly though. Can't wait!

Question: These buses will have the new scheme when they go in service, right?

Edited by BM5 via WOODHAVEN BL

OK so from the information that is shown, the increase of artics will not only replace all the CNG Orion's, but I'm assuming some D60s can possibly retire as well.

Well, looks like I will be able to see more C40s in the Bronx and XN40s as well. Win Win for me, especially since more than likely the displaced C40s are gonna go to WF from CP, showing the wonderful mix of (MTA) New York City Transit and (MTA) bus like the other buses that moved from company to company.

A lot of people dislike the OG CNG's for whatever reason, but they're actually my favorite local buses (I prefer CNG over diesel or hybrid). Kinda sucks that there aren't any in my area, since it would be much easier to catch them, but no biggie. Nice to see that the buses will be coming in swiftly though. Can't wait!

There is a photo of one on facebook of 674 sitting at the New Flyer plant, with the scheme already applied. Pretty much safe to assume every bus delivered from this point onward will be delivered in the new scheme.

All new buses will be in new livery with wifi and chargers straight from the factory as mentioned previously. I will post a pic of 674 in about 30 minutes when I get home. 5987-5990 were sitting at NFI waiting on wraps. They were supposed to be delivered a week ago, but they didn't have their wrap graphics in from MTA yet. The JK/BP buses were delivered white and done in-house. However, from that point on MTA will no longer be taking delivery of any "all white" buses. The only other new all-white that needs to be wrapped is LFSA pilot 5439. All the rest will come off the line with new wraps.

Now that the XN's are ready, MTA can now start applying the new colors to all XD40's when they come due for a repaint.

what are the xn60 #'s.

Preliminary numbers are 1000-1109,

OK so from the information that is shown, the increase of artics will not only replace all the CNG Orion's, but I'm assuming some D60s can possibly retire as well.

Well, looks like I will be able to see more C40s in the Bronx and XN40s as well. Win Win for me, especially since more than likely the displaced C40s are gonna go to WF from CP, showing the wonderful mix of (MTA) New York City Transit and (MTA) bus like the other buses that moved from company to company.

There won't be any displaced C40's for Bus Company. The buses are replacing all the OG's and Bus Company isn't getting any new 40 foot CNG's until 2024 at the absolute soonest.

Stop playing around and tell me when to work at EWR to get them.

I got you bro! Lol.... I should have the delivery schedule on Monday. The XD60's are on the way though. They should be in Jersey now.

So they aren't going to get the new colors for 4 years?

They don't need them yet. We have hundreds of new buses coming in and those are priority. They will get to the rest of the fleet as the time comes and they need to be repainted. Now that the older buses will NOT be retrofitted with USB chargers, there is no need to put older buses in for a new wrap when they don't need them. The new colors are to highlight the WiFi and USB.

Oh shit... This really brings out the foamer in me lmao. I've spent some of my boring English classes daydreaming about these buses in service and I can't believe it's at step closer from happening... Sure as hell gonna miss seeing the OG CNGs around, though.

When you say "super-accelerated delivery", are you basically saying that the order could very well be done in two months or so if nothing's wrong with these buses and the 1st Gen CNGs will all be gone?

And just wondering, when's the latest we can expect to see an LFS / LFSA in the new scheme? Or has no one done a rendering of the paint scheme for a Nova?

Edited by r142a 7795

What about the 2011 Xcelsiors that haven't been repainted yet? Will they see the new colors?

Sent from my iPod touch using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Everything built after (and including) the 1200s will get the new scheme eventually. The incoming buses are getting the priority, then everything else.