MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The line doesn't need them either.

The B46 was the third busiest bus route in the city in 2015 - curious why artics wouldn't work on this route.

As stated above, the line doesn't need them. The frequency and reliability of the route has improved drastically. Artics would be an oversaturation of service. If anything they should be on the local.

The turn around at dekalb is what prevents artics on the line

I could easily make that turn Lil bro. The main issue is the fact that there would be no parking spaces.

Cue the B46 SBS should go to Willy B arguments in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

No need to argue this point at all. It's just not going to happen. Edited by East New York

As stated above, the line doesn't need them. The frequency and reliability of the route has improved drastically. Artics would be an oversaturation of service. If anything they should be on the local.

Since that's been mentioned, and I'd agree with that sentiment - is there any chance of artics on the B46 Local?

Also, is there any chance of artics on the B44 Local and B49?

IMO, those 3 could use that upgrade.

I didn't say B41, because I've recently noticed slow and steady ridership decreases across the B41 over the last - well, 24 years I've been on this planet. Moreso, the last 2-3 years. Dollar Vans got bigger.

I'm surprised the TA didn't put artics on the B46 SBS so they could cut service and save money.

Would cost them more, because service levels don't require those buses. 

artics on the b103 maybe in the future?

I upvote this because I'd love to see the crowded trips be evened out.

Realistically however, the B103 is... well it doesn't work that way.

Not every route that has heavy crowds during rush hour should be considered for Artics. There's more that goes into it.

I'm surprised the TA didn't put artics on the B46 SBS so they could cut service and save money.

Is there a possibility that artics will go on the local B46.

Also, will the B49 be considered artic worthy for the AM/PM rush hour for KCC?

If anything. 46SBS could possibly use more XD40's. Maybe at 10-15 more. Take them from Queens.

Since that's been mentioned, and I'd agree with that sentiment - is there any chance of artics on the B46 Local?

Also, is there any chance of artics on the B44 Local and B49?

IMO, those 3 could use that upgrade.

I didn't say B41, because I've recently noticed slow and steady ridership decreases across the B41 over the last - well, 24 years I've been on this planet. Moreso, the last 2-3 years. Dollar Vans got bigger.

No plans for artics on the local, but there should be. A lot of the B41 ridership has been lost to the B103 and Q35. I've been saying this for years and now I finally have data to support it. Hence..... B103 discussion below. As far as the B49, it doesn't really need them. My home lines are the B6, B11, and B49. There is actually a run interlined from the B44+ to the B49 and I see this bus frequently. It's the only artic I see and from my daily travels the line doesn't need them. That particular artic run only goes to Avenue U.

Can someone provide clarification on the latest express bus order? It just says "first award 2016"... That was supposed to have been awarded last year, so are there any updates on that as to who won the contract?

The contract has not been awarded. There were lots of changes that I previously mentioned. The next order calls for 50 NYCT buses, and 257 MTAB buses. Funding for MTAB has not been identified, and the order for 50 NYCT units was stupider to be last on the books and is now first. Delivery for both scheduled 2018/2019.

artics on the b103 maybe in the future?

That would be nice, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Let's see how the XN60's at Gleason and West Farms operate first. MTA may THEN consider some for the Bus Company routes B103 and Q25. So let's revisit this topic in 2018.

I'm not sure if that's been decided yet. I removed it until I get confirmation.

I have a bit of info to send you for posting. Official XN40 assignment complete. 672-742 Gleason, 673-810 West Farms

No plans for artics on the local, but there should be. A lot of the B41 ridership has been lost to the B103 and Q35. I've been saying this for years and now I finally have data to support it. Hence..... B103 discussion below. As far as the B49, it doesn't really need them. My home lines are the B6, B11, and B49. There is actually a run interlined from the B44+ to the B49 and I see this bus frequently. It's the only artic I see and from my daily travels the line doesn't need them. That particular artic run only goes to Avenue U.

The contract has not been awarded. There were lots of changes that I previously mentioned. The next order calls for 50 NYCT buses, and 257 MTAB buses. Funding for MTAB has not been identified, and the order for 50 NYCT units was stupider to be last on the books and is now first. Delivery for both scheduled 2018/2019.

The B49 has lost a lot of ridership over the years, so yes given how the (MTA) has ruined the route, they don't need them since many people stopped using the line. The B49 used to be a great line.  

As for the express buses, that's a shame, but I think most of the (MTA) Bus fleet is holding up nicely.

The B49 has lost a lot of ridership over the years, so yes given how the (MTA) has ruined the route, they don't need them since many people stopped using the line. The B49 used to be a great line.  

As for the express buses, that's a shame, but I think most of the (MTA) Bus fleet is holding up nicely.

100% correct for the B49, and yeah the Express fleet is holding up pretty good. This will be a fierce competition between MCI and Prevost. However, if MCI has not improved on that fuel economy or come with a sweet deal it's going to Prevost hands down.

I could easily make that turn Lil bro. The main issue is the fact that there would be no parking spaces.

No need to argue this point at all. It's just not going to happen.

I know that, I was being a little sarcastic

100% correct for the B49, and yeah the Express fleet is holding up pretty good. This will be a fierce competition between MCI and Prevost. However, if MCI has not improved on that fuel economy or come with a sweet deal it's going to Prevost hands down.

I very much hope its not Prevost...those x3-45s are uncomfortable as it is.

Everything about the Prevost is beautiful. The look, the technology, the engine/transmission combo. The only thing that I wish could change is to raise the seats so you can use the window seal as an armrest, other than that, they are great buses. The 2015s are beast.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The provost has gotten better in NYC streets. However, It's MCI 4 life on this side. The newer D4500CT that NJ Transit has are superb and that's needed back in these NYC streets. The 2013 D4500CT that we have are holding up good. Hopefully MCI can make something great for 2018.

Edited by Future ENY OP