MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

That MBTA paint scheme is a classic!

Yes it is.  Other than the stripe on top of the yellow band now being blue instead of black and different number placements, it is essentially the same scheme that was introduced by the T in 1972 and has been in use since then other than a period when the RTS's had a narrow yellow band.  It would be like the MTA deciding to ditch its modern schemes and go back to the two-tone blue scheme for new buses.

Sorta reminds me of how MBTA had two '99 C40LFs built identically to the ones we had only that it was painted in their paint scheme and they kept it after the pilot testing for CNG buses was successful

A minor clarification - those two C40LF's (#6000-6001) were indeed built to exact NYCTA specifications but they were purchased outright by the MBTA.  Same with its two Orion VI hybrids that were built identical to NYCTA's 06's.  

The MBTA purchased these four pilot buses (and kept them) in order to test alternative low-emission buses for future purchases.  The CNG buses 'won' and this led to a purchases of 15 additional C40LF's (built to MBTA specifications) and later purchases from Neoplan and NABI.  Ironically, the MBTA has turned towards hybrids since then and most of its newer purchases are now hybrid-electric buses, although 150 of the new Xcelsior order are XN40's.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6005 at vendor with a new paint scheme combination of the blue/gold and SBS. Couldn't get photos but somebody else can get it. Good luck :)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Great sighting. FINALLY these buses can commence delivery.

Did you see anymore buses parked in or around the area.

Great sighting. FINALLY these buses can commence delivery.

Did you see anymore buses parked in or around the area.

That was the only one around the perimeter at the moment. I don't know about inside, maybe possible...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ah, so it seems like the SBS wrapping was put over the Cuomo paint scheme. Interesting.

I hope that doesn't look as garish as it sounds...

No. I just saw the bus as well. Entirely new SBS scheme. Here are a few pictures..

17091384_1215867975117158_799546038_o.jp

17105886_1215867985117157_29745585_o.jpg 

I know they are crappy pics but they were the best I Could grab.