MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are ads on The Bronx, Brooklyn & Queens SBS units.

Only ads I've seen on the other SBS units are the small MTA NYC safe ads from The Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn LFSA's. The Brooklyn XD40 SBS46+ have no exterior ads. Only thing I could think of is depot management.

The only ads on the Q44 LFSAs are either MTA ads (If you see something, say something). The only buses with actual advertisements (5822,23) were transferred from Manhattan.

.... Accurate

So someone posted a picture of the back on Facebook and boy it looks ugly...

17021673_975312112602426_767719080249201

Damn thats a hot mess; Whatever happen to keeping it simple...

Those Shades of yellow  gold and blue don't belong together...

I don't know keeping some white in this scheme would even something out but what's done is done... 

This bus picture looks absolutely atrocious. If this what uncle Andy wants for the (MTA) than I must say it's really bad. What happen to using the same colors as 5987?

This is the new Select Bus Service paint scheme. 5987 has the scheme for the local/limited buses and there is rumored to be a green express bus paint scheme in the works

Damn thats a hot mess; Whatever happen to keeping it simple...

Those Shades of yellow gold and blue don't belong together...

I don't know keeping some white in this scheme would even something out but what's done is done...

If the MTA wanted an SBS/Cuomo paint scheme combo, what they should've done is kept the blue to one shade (in this case light blue) instead of putting both SBS blue and NY blue against each other because then it would almost look like the current SBS wrap tackily put onto the new scheme with just the yellow seen going thru.

The Yellow here is fine so it could still be distinguished from the LaGuardia Link wrap. If need be green could also go along with the scheme somewhere.

That is the most disgusting paint scheme I have ever seen. Do people not have any style or fashion? How many people approved of this? Did they even try out like 3-4 different schemes to see what works, and what looks appealing at least?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plot twist: We the commuters (and as well as the operators on or off the forums) are the test audiences

After seeing that, I threw up a little in my mouth. If they are gonna make buses for SBS specifically, they shouldn't add the new wrap to it. Those two shades of saturated yellow and dark blue looked quite nice together but after the tacky blue, just no.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Ok two things: ENY sent their Novas 8094-8119 to JA and 8120-8123 to Charleston. So im guessing that they are in line to receive the first option of XDs when they come in, 50+ to replace their RTS buses, followed by Flatbush, UP, and FP. They could transfer some of their O7s to MTABC from FLA & FP since GA is getting XD60s. As for NovaBus LFS, good for MJQ in Manhattan, JA gets an additional, QV can use some more, and The Bronx can get 25 extras for KB & GH. Both orders should have outlets and WIFI installed, right?