MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goddamn. Why are they not in service yet? Accelerated then failed audit then it's on regular schedule and they're delivering them now. Slow af. Pretty sure 5987 passed its test by now

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I guess they are waiting for the weather to get warmer ????????. To get these buses delivered. At least the small portion of the CS order is here

Goddamn. Why are they not in service yet? Accelerated then failed audit then it's on regular schedule and they're delivering them now. Slow af. Pretty sure 5987 passed its test by now

I guess they are waiting for the weather to get warmer . To get these buses delivered. At least the small portion of the CS order is here

Yeah this is weird. They are piling up.

It's most likely because the MTA is deciding what to do with the LFSAs that the XD60s will be displacing.

It's most likely because the MTA is deciding what to do with the LFSAs that the XD60s will be displacing.

The LFSAs are going to Manhattan.

It's more likely awaiting inspections and acceptance.

One theory I've had in mind is that those Stengel Novas could go to Hale to bump off the 1200s from SBS.

Edited by Cait Sith

The LFSAs are going to Manhattan.

It's more likely awaiting inspections and acceptance.

One theory I've had in mind is that those Stengel Novas could go to Hale to bump off the 1200s from SBS.

Extremely possible. They would need to find 5 more buses though

Already been said the 6400's are being replaced by XD40's

No, those will be replaced mostly by XDE40's, and XE40's. The ones in Queens will likely be replaced with LFS' or LFS hybrids. The latter however is not confirmed.

Acceptance and registration. The XN40 order has 5 pilot buses, and the XD60 order has 4. Those other pilots are gong through evaluation behind the scenes. The color scheme has also contributed to one of the base delays. It is said that MTA and New Flyer have come up with a compensation package and the new delivery schedule is pending. Most of the buses have been assigned, but not all have been confirmed as of this afternoon.

Extremely possible. They would need to find 5 more buses though

The new LFSA order (5439-5530) will displace some of the buses to Manhattan as well. If they hang on to some of the 4700's (which may end up in Brooklyn) then they will have spares of either model.

Lets just say if New Flyer makes express coaches, like they did with D45IT. If they was to make Xcelisor buses, what kind would they make?

What's this I hear that the MTA wants to make Bronx/Manhattan all Novas and Brooklyn/Queens all New Flyers, and Staten Island being the wild card?

Lets just say if New Flyer makes express coaches, like they did with D45IT. If they was to make Xcelisor buses, what kind would they make?

What's this I hear that the MTA wants to make Bronx/Manhattan all Novas and Brooklyn/Queens all New Flyers, and Staten Island being the wild card?

iirc, New Flyer owns MCI. They don't need to gamble on introducing another expiermental otr coach.

6017 is at JFK. This one guy on instragram better be an employee, cause he keeps getting pictures of all the new arrivals...

Prolly another treaspasser. I keep telling people. PAPD are far worse than the NYPD. I guess that people don't want to wait until the process takes care of its self. The DMV paperwork for these buses takes weeks. Going to Queens or to Zerega will not do any justice. Just simply wait.

Prolly another treaspasser. I keep telling people. PAPD are far worse than the NYPD. I guess that people don't want to wait until the process takes care of its self. The DMV paperwork for these buses takes weeks. Going to Queens or to Zerega will not do any justice. Just simply wait.

Believe me, I know lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk