MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xd60's to ENY? What route would they use it on...The B82?

As far FB, I can see the SBS46 turning into artic. Its a straight route the only turns is towards the end at Dekalb and at Kingsplaza. Maybe adjust some of the bus stops for the length of the 60's

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

can't run artics on the 46sbs because of space at Dekalb ave

are the SBS stops built out for a 60 footer with bulbs?

With artics the B15 would have 10 minute PM Rush headways which would be quite high for a route that would be running artics. I would find another route for them.

The B15 and the B82 are the heaviest lines out of ENY. With the B82 eventually becoming SBS, and the B15 with the severe overcrowding, it would make sense.

are the SBS stops built out for a 60 footer with bulbs?

LMFAO

For the most part, it's the same exact stop placement, with barely 20 feet of stop separation for local and SBS buses in a lot of places.

In terms of the mta bus 26 XD40 order, JFK would get em, it would make sense mileage wise since their newest 40 foot bus is almost 7 years old and has racked up on miles. It would make sense to give JFK the next batch of XD40's to balance out the fleet.

LGA already has XD40's

BP has artics on 2 out 3 of their 24/7 routes and doesn't need any new 40 footers and does fine with the old gens, but i would expect them to get more XD60's for the Q110 if they get more new buses.

ECH is a different story all together.

Edited by R32 3671

In terms of the mta bus 26 XD40 order, JFK would get em, it would make sense mileage wise since their newest 40 foot bus is almost 7 years old and has racked up on miles. It would make sense to give JFK the next batch of XD40's to balance out the fleet.

LGA already has XD40's

BP has artics on 2 out 3 of their 24/7 routes and doesn't need any new 40 footers and does fine with the old gens, but i would expect them to get more XD60's for the Q110 if they get more new buses.

ECH is a different story all together

the 26 xd 40's should go to ech

the option 14 to jfk

the 53 xd 60 

39 to lga ( 27 for the q53 and 12 to convert the 70)

14 to jfk for the 52

q 111 and 114 are 24 hr routes

Edited by limitednyc

LGA already has XD40's

ECH is a different story all together.

Let's close our eyes and imagine a Q60 xd40 [emoji18][emoji18][emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

the 26 xd 40's should go to ech

the option 14 to jfk

the 53 xd 60

39 to lga ( 27 for the q53 and 12 to convert the 70)

14 to jfk for the 52

q 111 and 114 are 24 hr routes

As long as we are sharing where the Xcelsiors should go, I think that it should be the following:

26 XD40 to ECH

14 XD40 to BP

35-40 XD60 for Woodhaven routes

Remaining XD60 to BP for Q64

(Although I can see the XD60s going to the Q70 instead of the Q64 as well)