MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

You guys fail to realize JFK needs new 40 footers, their newest 40 foot bus is the next gen that are 2010 models and have alot of mileage. ECH should just get option order.

JFK has way too many hybirds and we all know they're not as reliable as a diesel bus.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys fail to realize JFK needs new 40 footers, their newest 40 foot bus is the next gen that are 2010 models and have alot of mileage. ECH should just get option order.

JFK has way too many hybirds and we all know they're not as reliable as a diesel bus.

You got that right.Way too many hybrids. I can't stand the hyrbids especially the OG hybrids. Also can't believe how far the 96 RTS has been running. Good job for those RTS buses, keep it up.

As long as we are sharing where the Xcelsiors should go, I think that it should be the following:

26 XD40 to ECH

14 XD40 to BP

35-40 XD60 for Woodhaven routes

Remaining XD60 to BP for Q64

(Although I can see the XD60s going to the Q70 instead of the Q64 as well)

Do you realize that MTABC isn't getting any new buses? They're getting them "Hand me downs"

371 XD40 covers:

71 for UP, 75 for Flatbush, 57 for ENY, 35 for GA, 50 for FP, and 55 for CS. The latter two to transfer O7s to other Depots.

ECH will get NovaLFS

They may scrap the XD60 order due to opposition from the community

No XD60s for Q64. You don't need artics on the Q70, since it's a one stop format. LGA should get some of the option order------ THATS IF---they don't let their buses get into accidents again.

NovaLFS, Quill should get the first 75 to replace their entire RTS fleet they have but should have special features in them.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

These speculations mean nothing. The assignments has NOT been agreed upon yet being those could go anywhere on the system when they do come. Let's just get a grip on reality and just wait and see what happens next.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Do you realize that MTABC isn't getting any new buses? They're getting them "Hand me downs"

371 XD40 covers:

71 for UP, 75 for Flatbush, 57 for ENY, 35 for GA, 50 for FP, and 55 for CS. The latter two to transfer O7s to other Depots.

ECH will get NovaLFS

No XD60s for Q64. You don't need artics on the Q70, since it's a one stop format. LGA should get some of the option order------ THATS IF---they don't let their buses get into accidents again.

NovaLFS, Quill should get the first 75 to replace their entire RTS fleet they have but should have special features in them.

That's not what we were told....

MTA has decided to scrap the new RFP and reautorize the options for the last LFS and XD40 orders.

26 XD40's with options for 14 more, and 53 XD60's for MTABC.

Even though yes this is speculation, it's just something that some of us were thinking. Yes JFK needs new buses, but the reason I chose BP and ECH for the XD40s is because of the amount of buses in the local standard fleet at both depots. Plus the fact that the artics may replace some of the hybrids at JFK/LGA/BP.

That's not what we were told....

Even though yes this is speculation, it's just something that some of us were thinking. Yes JFK needs new buses, but the reason I chose BP and ECH for the XD40s is because of the amount of buses in the local standard fleet at both depots. Plus the fact that the artics may replace some of the hybrids at JFK/LGA/BP.

BP does fine with the hybirds, they don't need more new 40 footers,just more artics could help and just leave BP with 3764-3783

371 XD40 covers:

ECH will get NovaLFS

LMAO the XD60 order is not getting scrapped...

Plus as ShadeJay mentioned, ENY informed us that XD40s and XD60's for MTAB are on the way...

LMAO the XD60 order is not getting scrapped...

Plus as ShadeJay mentioned, ENY informed us that XD40s and XD60's for MTAB are on the way...

As of April 3rd, it's now a competitive RFP, so Nova could make their way into MTA Bus. Nova also protested the electric bus order along with others. It's no longer a shoe-in for New Flyer, even though the probability of them getting these orders is up there.

It's 50/50 at this rate. They might have the advantage with their delivery rates, however.

db2cbb36450cb29a7cc99a5411f7a33f.png

Edited by Cait Sith

^^^ Just to point out that just because Nova and New flyer and now "more competitive" than ever, this does not mean LFS to ECH. It just means that the chances of seeing an MTA LFS is a bit higher now.

Personally I see the Xcelsiors in Brooklyn, OH, Stengel, and MTA bus, while the LFS are in the Bronx, Staten Island, the Village, Jamaica, Quill, and OF.

Again my opinion, I know others have thoughts, but I'm not really going to to quote/respond to anyone because that's their thoughts and I respect that they are different from mine. Otherwise, I stand by what I said and will not change my thoughts until the orders are official.

Edited by ShadeJay

^^^ Just to point out that just because Nova and New flyer and now "more competitive" than ever, this does not mean LFS to ECH. It just means that the chances of seeing an MTA LFS is a bit higher now.

Personally I see the Xcelsiors in Brooklyn, OH, Stengel, and MTA bus, while the LFS are in the Bronx, Staten Island, the Village, Jamaica, Quill, and OF.

Again my opinion, I know others have thoughts, but I'm not really going to to quote/respond to anyone because that's their thoughts and I respect that they are different from mine. Otherwise, I stand by what I said and will not change my thoughts until the orders are official.

ECH is a BX depot .... I can see ECH getting Novas over XD's since MTA wants the Boroughs uniformed in fleets. But I still think ECH will continue to be a "Hand Me Down" depot as far as Local Fleet. 

Major update on the alternative fuel/hybrid orders coming soon.

In the meanwhile New Bus Qualification is gearing up to full swing again. With the Proterra evaluation lease, MTA officially starts the program again. This model along with any other unqualified model such as the BYD, will go through full evaluation and shaker testing.

Still pending are at least 2 more electric pilots, 40 foot hybrids, electric hybrids, and CNG artics.