MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

Oh, dear god no!

I will say this. In the past Flatbush has gotten their way when it comes to RTS. Remember. 5175-5199 left Flatbush to Eastchester. However, the (MTA) has been mulling over for sometime for these buses to return back to NYCT.

Educated guess. East New York more of an possibly. Wild card. Flatbush.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Negative. Both Queens Division depots will possibly be all LFSA. Jamaica- Definitely. Queens Village: Possibly. However, both depots will end up sending their RTS to Brooklyn and Manhattan respectively if both depots become all LFSA's.

LFSA? Or LFS??

Thanks. Have you heard anything about possible M14 SBS?

Not right now, but it was under review. If anything they may consider it with the same stops as a select, and just add offboard payment.

I'm surprised that (so far) none of the XD40 or LFS options are going to Manhattan.

Other than XE40 testing on the M42, are there any specifics on new or transferred 40' buses for Manhattan depots?

There are a couple reason. After the electric and hybrid test and evaluation phases complete, MV and possibly OF will get new hybrids, and Quill will get Electric buses. The plans were to have new buses go to Manhattan long ago, but MV and OH are hybrid standard bus depots, and Quill will shank someone if they try to take those RTS's away before it's time to retire the last one. Hell East New York acted like the world was gonna end and vet drivers started calling in sick. And well, that is my second home so I just stood by with some popcorn. I told everyone what would happen, and some people said The MTA was gonna do what the MTA wanted to do. Collectively, ENY, Quill, Grand, and Zerega call the shots.

are there plans to put artics on the q70.

Not right now.

And the proverbial rock, paper, scissors between MJQ and ENY would begin

This situation has changed over time. Originally TA wanted them back. EC fought like cats and dogs to keep them. MTA then decided forget it, we never give bus any of the newer RTS goodies so we will keep them there and transfer them to LG. Well LG jumped for joy, and at the same time EC damn near had a heart attack. That's when we posted about the pending hybrid swap, and I posted that it would turn into a fight over buses.

Now the dust has settled a bit but there is still a bit of a beef. EC was NOT pleased with the hybrids as I also pointed out long ago that would happen. They have been a diesel depot since the beginning of time. But every now and then MTA doesn't listen to ENY. *caugh* EC agreed to be able to keep 10, but it's clearly not their choice. The want more RTS, problem is now they are like kick rocks if you think we want those things back from LG!!! So EN and Quill already have what they want. This is now an EC/LG battle to the death. Cause TA will probably be like take it or leave it! Lol.

Funny you say that too, because the most nortorious "Hands off my RTS" incident in history was over 8600-8703! I was told back in I think '06 that depots all over the city would be waiting for those to get old so they could get a few before retirement and they would be lucky to get 5 lol. Turns out MTA bus got, what? 4-6?? Lol. And they were definitely lucky.

Wild cards: Flatbush and or Ulmer Park.

i think i asked earler but my other part got caught with the xn artics

will the q52 move depots as a result of getting sbs or still stay at JFK or far rock?

Q52 is still scheduled to go to LG, however it doesn't have to anymore and could still be split with 2 depots running it. In my opinion it would be more reliable that way. But if MTA has greater efficiency from interlining the route they will both be out of LG as planned.

How about Jamaica or Queens Village?

i saw a capital program slide on slide 8 a new bus depot?

http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/docs/May%20Board%20Presentation_Board.pdf

I have like a whole forums worth of updates. I will talk about Jamaica Depot in depth as part of that major update after the holiday, but as it stands the new artic-ready Jamaica depot will start construction in July of 2019. This is planned to work pretty much just like the re-construction of Hale, however the new Jamaica will be much bigger occupying the current space that is directly to the right of the depot. Edited by East New York

Evening everyone! Just finished with my review for the day. NovaBus was officially issued a NTP (Notice To Proceed). 5439 has passed the in-service evaluation with near flying colors, and has now returned to the Nova Service Center where it will be cleaned up, and wrapped all pretty in the new color scheme.

The first lot of buses will begin to head to the service center from Plattsburgh to the service sender in sequential order. However, we who how things have been going with MTA, so I have been told the buses will NOT hit the streets in sequence. Lol. So get ready for the next wave! It's officially on the way, and it looks like I will be hanging out in the Bronx in the coming weeks!

There were some discrepancies. None of the busses have full paint. The first at Bus Comoany are all wraps. The latter and everything from them on the base is paint, and all the graphics and the rest of what appears to be paint is actually vinyl.

Nothing will come delivered in Blue and White ever again. 5439 was the last of a dying breed. That era is now officially over.

Paint is not only expensive, but heavy as well, which reduces the buses fuel economy.

Edited by East New York

There were some discrepancies. None of the busses have full paint. The first at Bus Comoany are all wraps. The latter and everything from them on the base is paint, and all the graphics and the rest of what appears to be paint is actually vinyl.

Nothing will come delivered in Blue and White ever again. 5439 was the last of a dying breed. That era is now officially over.

Paint is not only expensive, but heavy as well, which reduces the buses fuel economy.

So 5439 will be repainted blue and then receive the gold vinyl?

The first at MTA Bus are not all wrap. 5368, and 5412 up are based with blue and the graphics are decal.